GDT: HFBoards GDT 04/17/2024 | Miss you already Arizona | One last AROOOOOOOOOO for the Yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
That really sucks for Doan. You come into the league with Winnipeg, endure a relocation to Phoenix, work your behind off to get your number retired only to have the team relocate again and your retirement banner will now get rolled up and stored next to your Christmas ornaments in your basement where no one will be able to enjoy seeing it and remembering your career.
Better rolled up at Doan's house than what almost happened to it. The Mureulo org did not just forget about the banner in Glendale, the banner literally ended up in the trash. A media member who ran a Coyotes podcast rescued it.

Just an all-time trash owner.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not everyone was on the same page about getting Matthews a goal lol.

Keefe not putting him out there in the final 35 seconds is kinda wild too

Playoffs are all that matter tho either way so I get it
Poor Matthews was gassed.....he came off. Keefe didn't take him off or keep him off.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

I know this game didn't mean much but still
what the hell was this from Nylander yeesh

He touched it with a high stick - if he touched the puck again, the play would be dead.

In hindsight, he should have touched it because it seems everyone was expecting him to kill the play.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
These guys don’t need banners to have their legacies continue on. Fans will all know Doan for the player he was and not by the fact his banner isn’t up in an arena
When I go to Bruins games I always look up in the rafters at the banners, retired numbers, etc. It's basically a museum overhead. They don't need it but it blows that he won't get to enjoy that same honor as everyone else who has their number in the rafters around the league.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo Matthews not scoring is a blessing

It will give the Leafs a chip on their shoulders.

Plus it means there's no safety net. If they have a bad playoffs then the whole year was a complete waste with nothing fun to hang the hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad