GDT: HFBoards GDT 04/17/2024 | Miss you already Arizona | One last AROOOOOOOOOO for the Yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That is the best ref assist of the year! That was elite! Refs toe to Obrian's stick! Honestly, better than any Connor Brown pass this season.

• Haha
Reactions: 1989

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This is sad AF. Hope they put on a great game for those fans tonight. My favorite jersey/aesthetic in all of sports. Hopefully things work out in the end and they come back via expansion
Watching some of the TSN coverage, it was like they were overjoyed to see this. It was embarrassing to me as a Canadian.

Taking a team away from even one person is a bad day for the sport.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
On one hand..

Bro has been killing it in the AHL.. been insanely good!

On the other hand...

He was a first round pick and is in his D + 4.. is dominating the AHL that impressive?

Nonetheless.. only Oiler I will be watching closely is Broberg. We really need him to become an NHLer sooner than later.
He's been good when he's been called up. Desharnais took a huge step this year which has pushed him down the depth charts and kulak has played great too. Not ideal for bro's development but we couldn't have asked for more from our third pairing this year.

It's the Nurse-Ceci pairing which is a different story and problematic. I just don't see broberg being able to push Ceci out of a spot for playoffs

Reactions: Czechboy

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Jack Michael’s too busy climaxing over that shit to see it didn’t go in.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
2nd time i have seen a shot like hit the post so fast that the ref thought it was a goal to only have it hit the post on further review. Happened in the Knights-Hawks game yesterday as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's sad that the Oilers didn't rest their stars. Hopefully they are just out for a skate.
They sat one of the top pairs.... Nurse and Ceci (yes, I know that isn't a top pair on most teams but they are both over 20 min a night for us.lol). Kane is resting too! Hopefully Hollo and Bro get some legit minutes. I would've been fine to bench more guys though. Tomorrow sounds like 2 bigger forwards are sitting out. I'm guessing Ek is out too (I would've rested him the final 2 games personally).

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Doan's retirement banner was left at the arena in Glendale and he just received it today.

That really sucks for Doan. You come into the league with Winnipeg, endure a relocation to Phoenix, work your behind off to get your number retired only to have the team relocate again and your retirement banner will now get rolled up and stored next to your Christmas ornaments in your basement where no one will be able to enjoy seeing it and remembering your career.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That really sucks for Doan. You come into the league with Winnipeg, endure a relocation to Phoenix, work your behind off to get your number retired only to have the team relocate again and your retirement banner will now get rolled up and stored next to your Christmas ornaments in your basement where no one will be able to enjoy seeing it and remembering your career.
These guys don’t need banners to have their legacies continue on. Fans will all know Doan for the player he was and not by the fact his banner isn’t up in an arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad