GDT: HFBoards GDT 04/17/2024 | Miss you already Arizona | One last AROOOOOOOOOO for the Yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Then they lost to Devils, Wings, Panthers, Bolts ....giving up what 25 goals ?
play off ready coach ? ha!
Yeah, they scored 20 and gave up"what 25 goals"
We will find out if they are playoff ready·

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It hasn't started yet? Holy moly! Meaningless game starting this late.

Fine, I'll babble.lol

I read that the Yotes were in Arizona about twice as long original Jets were in Winnipeg. Sad to see them go. Suprised they couldn't make it work (especially with Canadian snowbirds). Yotes were always very Czech friendly so they were a team I consistently watched. Sad to see them go. Shame we couldn't have traded them Campbell before they moved to Utah. FTR.. I think they'll become a very good franchise in Utah.. loads of young players, 2 good goalies, some promising D and some cap space to make change.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Can't stop laughing at Toronto playing these last 2 games like getting Matthews 70 was their Stanley Cup.

Hit a post against Florida. Hit a post tonight. And a skate stopped a sure goal from him tonight too.

I'm sorry but it's absolutely hilarious how Toronto's players choke in big moments and milestone opportunities. Kind of reminiscient of their playoff performances. Nylander also somehow didn't hit 100 points after his torrid first half lol.
The Leafs were a bit guilty of it yea......
.but it was the Toronto media/groupies that were just nauseating

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Fine, I'll babble.lol

I read that the Yotes were in Arizona about twice as long original Jets were in Winnipeg. Sad to see them go. Suprised they couldn't make it work (especially with Canadian snowbirds). Yotes were always very Czech friendly so they were a team I consistently watched. Sad to see them go. Shame we couldn't have traded them Campbell before they moved to Utah. FTR.. I think they'll become a very good franchise in Utah.. loads of young players, 2 good goalies, some promising D and some cap space to make change.

Time zones are fun.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Fine, I'll babble.lol

If your talking about the Blues-Stars game, it is not entirely meaningless. A Stars win would clinch the west. A Stars loss would open the door for the Canucks to pass them.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Time zones are fun.
It's my playoff gripe too.. and since I still have time till this starts.lol

Majority of Oilers games, using EST start at 7, 8 or 9. Only a handful at 10. Playoffs start and they start at 10 which actually means 10:20 as playoff games take forever to start. Some go to OT and those games end at 2 or 3am. I've always thought the NHL could come up with something a little more North American friendly. Especially with a guy like McD to build the game.. not many EST NHL fans watching those 3rd periods in the playoffs!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
It was still a great season. Only 8 guys, a combined 14 times, have scored more goals. It just won't earn a higher level of immortality. It's like saying when Joe Thornton had 96 assists, it wasn't a great season because it wasn't 100. It was still, at the time, the 16th most in a season, only 4 guys had ever had more assists in a season. Historically speaking, that's pretty damn great.

Of course. I was kidding.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If your talking about the Blues-Stars game, it is not entirely meaningless. A Stars win would clinch the west. A Stars loss would open the door for the Canucks to pass them.
Oilers and Arizona .. thought it was starting 30 minutes earlier.lol Stars are going to be a real problem for someone in the playoffs.. no major flaws.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Oilers and Arizona .. thought it was starting 30 minutes earlier.lol Stars are going to be a real problem for someone in the playoffs.. no major flaws.
Oh. Even that game is not meaningless. I mean it is in regards to playoffs, but it is meaningful in a way that it will be the last game in Arizona for awhile.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Okay I see. You misrepresent it a bit with .80 as it is .88.

Matthews has been our best competitor in nearly every series. Our depth has sucked.
Oh ya you right, I f***ed up.
Anyway, don't worry too much about what I say. I think Matthews is incredible, that dude just wanted a war with numbers lol

Reactions: MoreMogilny

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Oh ya you right, I f***ed up.
Anyway, don't worry too much about what I say. I think Matthews is incredible, that dude just wanted a war with numbers lol
Yeah I mean trying to battle for Matthews statistical prowess over McDavid is like bringing a rubber mallet to a gun fight. Matthews doesn’t need to be McDavid in order for most of us to be thrilled with what he does out there.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Can't stop laughing at Toronto playing these last 2 games like getting Matthews 70 was their Stanley Cup.

Hit a post against Florida. Hit a post tonight. And a skate stopped a sure goal from him tonight too.

I'm sorry but it's absolutely hilarious how Toronto's players choke in big moments and milestone opportunities. Kind of reminiscient of their playoff performances. Nylander also somehow didn't hit 100 points after his torrid first half lol.
It wasn't their Stanley Cup but it was a goal to help them get there.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
On one hand..

Bro has been killing it in the AHL.. been insanely good!

On the other hand...

He was a first round pick and is in his D + 4.. is dominating the AHL that impressive?

Nonetheless.. only Oiler I will be watching closely is Broberg. We really need him to become an NHLer sooner than later.

Reactions: BurnabyJoe7

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Yeah I mean trying to battle for Matthews statistical prowess over McDavid is like bringing a rubber mallet to a gun fight. Matthews doesn’t need to be McDavid in order for most of us to be thrilled with what he does out there.
Exactly. Best goal scorer since Ovie.
That's a pretty big medal to hang around his neck.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is sad AF. Hope they put on a great game for those fans tonight. My favorite jersey/aesthetic in all of sports. Hopefully things work out in the end and they come back via expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad