GDT: HFBoards GDT 04/17/2024 | Miss you already Arizona | One last AROOOOOOOOOO for the Yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Can't stop laughing at Toronto playing these last 2 games like getting Matthews 70 was their Stanley Cup.

Hit a post against Florida. Hit a post tonight. And a skate stopped a sure goal from him tonight too.

I'm sorry but it's absolutely hilarious how Toronto's players choke in big moments and milestone opportunities. Kind of reminiscient of their playoff performances. Nylander also somehow didn't hit 100 points after his torrid first half lol.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Then they lost to Devils, Wings, Panthers, Bolts ....giving up what 25 goals ?
play off ready coach ? ha!
Real season starts now. They’ve nursed some injuries and hopefully will have the lineup they want for game one. That’s all that matters now.

Their opponent hasn’t had an amazing stretch lately themselves.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Can't stop laughing at Toronto playing these last 2 games like getting Matthews 70 was their Stanley Cup.

Hit a post against Florida. Hit a post tonight. And a skate stopped a sure goal from him.

I'm sorry but it's absolutely hilarious how Toronto's players choke in big moments and milestone opportunities. Nylander also somehow didn't hit 100 points after his torrid first half lol.

Is 69 goals a choke? Maybe if he stopped at 64.

Lemieux 'choked' at 69 a few times too.

Reactions: brentashton

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Hit a post against Florida. Hit a post tonight. And a skate stopped a sure goal from him tonight too.

I'm sorry but it's absolutely hilarious how Toronto's players choke in big moments and milestone opportunities. Kind of reminiscient of their playoff performances. Nylander also somehow didn't hit 100 points after his torrid first half lol.
Well, getting AM to 70 was their Stanley cup ;)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The easy part of their schedule was the long winning streak and props to them for taking full advantage.
I've been a dick all year towards you guys (not you in particular your cool) but that's only because 90% of oilers fans went out of their way to shit on the nucks after the team was bitch slapped by us in October. Seriously the OOTT thread was 80% whining about Vancouver as well as on the mains.

But that doesn't change how impressive of a turnaround it was.
I think there's a legitimate concern that #97 covers up a lot of flaws but who cares as long as the teamF wins.
Skinner deserves credit as well.
FWIW.. Nuck's owned us this year. 4 and 0 and most games felt like we weren't going to win. It was impressive.. reminded me of when we used to play the Stars back in the day.

I honestly think a lot of posters thought Nucks were going to start losing and not making the playoffs.lol Finished first and a Cup contender.

97 absolutely covers up problems... but so do all the stars. Only perfect teams are Canada and US (maybe Sweden) in best on best competitions. And Oil are definitely flawed in some areas (2RD in particular).

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
So close to being a great season 😉
It was still a great season. Only 8 guys, a combined 14 times, have scored more goals. It just won't earn a higher level of immortality. It's like saying when Joe Thornton had 96 assists, it wasn't a great season because it wasn't 100. It was still, at the time, the 16th most in a season, only 4 guys had ever had more assists in a season. Historically speaking, that's pretty damn great.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Real season starts now. They’ve nursed some injuries and hopefully will have the lineup they want for game one. That’s all that matters now.

Their opponent hasn’t had an amazing stretch lately themselves.
nope....and hey ain't giving up 6 a game either.
But yes the leafs have a better chance against Bruins ...than Panthers. Or Bolts

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
START THE f***ING GAME, TNT.

9PM LOCAL STARTS ARE DOG SHIT.

DO IT TO THE EAST COAST FOR ONCE.

Reactions: SnS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events