GDT: HFBoards | 3/1/21 | Pinch and a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I don't understand Nurse at all....

If you're going to want to show your frustrations towards a goalie shutting you out and intimidate.. in this scenario is makes absolutely no sense.. does he not know that this isn't the same goalie that shut them out last game... And won't be the same goalie he plays in the up coming game?

Lol it's Hutch.. it's our 3rd string goalie that shut them out after our initial back up shut them out the game before... What are you even trying to accomplish by doing that?... And it's in the last minute if the game too..

It’s not that. He bumped Hutch in retaliation for Hyman driving the net.

Oh and Mike Smith is a clown

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It happens. But it's not the end of the world yet. Or the end of the season. Just gotta pick yourself back up and get to work trying to figure out how to break through the Leafs defense on Wednesday.
I definitely think Kosko won't see another start in an oilers uniform. I smell a buy out at the end of season if you can't convince Seattle to take him. The team plays differently when he's in net. its like he isn't communicating with the D. Tellingly, they don't embrace or console him either. Maybe there's a rift in the locker room? in his pre game pressers he seems far away and not present. He has talent, and like most goalies who play for the Oilers, if he does leave he will probably end up having good years with a new team. I don't know how our goalie coach still has a job.

Theres no question you need to buckle down and score. The only good thing about tonight if you're an oilers fan is that the Jets lost as well and at the end of the season the individual games and how they were won or lost don't matter.

Reactions: tenken00

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I see Glass got another goal tonight for Vegas.....how has he been looking over all for you guys?

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It is indeed a shutdown plan against McDavid and Draisatl for both games and its working. Leafs players have been hounding them all game and not giving them space.
McDavid skated through the Toronto D on 3 separate occasions and totally boofed the finish. He had his space, he uncharacteristically did nothing with it.

Drai has been missing in action for almost 2 weeks now. He probably should sit for a game or two, he's been injured and skipping practice for rest. Something most definitely up with him

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just checked. 5 primary assists for Stone on all 5 goals.

I see Glass got another goal tonight for Vegas.....how has he been looking over all for you guys?
His play has kind of teetered after trending up his first 5-6 games back from being cap scratched.

Tonight was the first night he really looked like he was in that form in a while.

Reactions: Devonator

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Deep down, you know it wasn't a 3 penalty to 0 game. Acknowledging it would at least garner some respect.
I mean one of them was a technical penalty (too many men).

I was too stressed out to be trailing to really objectively notice what Vegas got away with. I'm sure we got away with a few if that helps, but this was a pretty quiet night for the refs overall.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
shut down is a weird choice of words.

Drai has been missing since the middle of last week and Mcdavid was flying tonight and was skating through your defence like usual. Yours goalies the last 2 games have played very well.
Lol nah.. Toronto suffocated you guys 2 games straight.. outplayed the Oilers in this season by a mile.. sorry brother

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I was too stressed out to be trailing to really objectively notice what Vegas got away with. I'm sure we got away with a few if that helps, but this was a pretty quiet night for the refs overall.

Too quiet.

I'd like to opine on the too many men, but they never showed a replay of it.

Frustrating night from our end.

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
McDavid skated through the Toronto D on 3 separate occasions and totally boofed the finish. He had his space, he uncharacteristically did nothing with it.

Drai has been missing in action for almost 2 weeks now. He probably should sit for a game or two, he's been injured and skipping practice for rest. Something most definitely up with him

Obviously McDavid can score not on the rush. Not scoring off the rush doesn't mean McDavid played well. These are typically lower chance events that you can't expect on. If you pay attention to Oilers in the O zone, it is clear that Leafs paid strong attention to two specific targets each time they were out.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yeah, speaking of the too many men, it was called when the puck was at the other end of the ice. There isn't even footage of it because it was so far behind the actual play.

Not sure how too many men is supposed to be called, but when there's no video of it because it didn't come close to actually affecting the play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad