Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Paulo Dybala - Karim Benzema
Kevin de Bruyne
Ilkay Gundogan - Marco Verratti
Javi Martinez
Alejandro Grimaldo - Kalidou Koulibaly - Clement Lenglet - Joshua Kimmich
Alisson Becker

Isco, Wissam ben Yedder, Rodrigo Bentancur, Lucas Paqueta, Youcef Atal, Ismaila Sarr, Nathan Ake, Federico Valverde, Alphonso Davies, Alexander Nubel

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ladies and Gentlemen, Suffragette City FC:

Leroy Sane
Kun Aguero
Frenkie De Jong
Eder Militao
Tanguy Ndombele
Bruno Fernandes
Joao Felix
Sergio Ramos
Ricardo Pereira
Ferland Mendy
Rodrygo Goes
Ander Herrera
Pablo Sarabia
Dries Mertens
Jean-Clair Todibo
Pablo Fornals
Alban Lafont
Nelson Semedo
Marcel Halstenberg
Marc Bartra
Joao Pedro
Jasper Cillessen

Formation: I'm actually for the first time going with essentially a 4-2-3-1. With getting a real defensive DM, I thought I'd go with more of a double pivot with two guys who will defend well in De Jong and Ndombele. Herrera also would fit that role really well. This also allows Fernandes (or Felix, Mertens, Sarabia, Fornals) freedom move in support of the attack. Of course I could also go 4-3-3 with ease or even 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2.

Tactics: I won't go too in depth, but this is a team that could be a counter-attacking possession side that counters quick but can hold on to the ball if need be. I have the midfielders and some of the forwards to press well and the defense is really solid.

Starting Lineup/Squad: Pretty easy to choose the starting eleven, but a guy like Sarabia would likely rotate with Felix. I think I have a really strong bench though too so plenty of players could get good minutes. Joao Pedro is pretty unproven at this stage so he wouldn't see as many minutes initially, but I needed a striker as Aguero and Mertens are getting up there. The nice thing is that this starting lineup and squad overall would definitely not be lacking in goals. I say it every draft, but where are your goals going to come from? I'd say that in a full league season were our teams in a league that the top four players in my formation would add a conservative 60 goals. Plenty more goals on the bench with Mertens, Sarabia and Rodrygo. NOTE, on that second formation that's how I'd use Mertens and Pedro more in terms of the position I'd use them for, not how I'd play them together and the formation would like the first graphic.

Suffragette-City-FC-formation-tactics.png

Suffragette-City-FC-formation-tactics.png

Overall: Evaluating my team against the other sides I think I have arguably the strongest side. I'm always realistic about my teams though and it's not perfect. I think it again this year skews a bit on the younger side, but a lot of proven younger players and as I've noted to some of you I think we're in a weird time period where you've got an older generation that is followed by the mid-generation where there isn't the same depth of quality. So then you've got a younger generation with some more exciting players are coming up and many of them are proven and look the real deal. My team is also a team that is a bit lacking in the air.

On the flip side I'd say this team has a good amount of big-match players. I'd say there's also a really good combination of technically gifted players who are also strong from a physical standpoint. Looking ahead I think you'd have a good number of players who at this stage look like they'd be World Class in their respective positions, players like Felix, Rodrygo, De Jong, Ndombele, Militao and Lafont. Again though, those are all players who are delivering right now.

Trades:

Somewhat difficult to evaluate them after the fact, but I think I did well in comparison to the players my trading partners took.

I got: De Jong and Pereira
He got: Skriniar and Goretzka

I got: Ndombele, Fernandes, Fornals, Semedo and Cillessen
He got: Coman, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Casemiro and Guerreiro

I got: Sarabia and Semedo
He got: Kessie and Danilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Strong starting team, albeit very young.
Only drawback to me is lack of size. This is a team that has create on the floor because nobody is going to head a ball in, except Ramos on set plays.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Strong starting team, albeit very young.
Only drawback to me is lack of size. This is a team that has create on the floor because nobody is going to head a ball in, except Ramos on set plays.

I agree and noted the age and size (though I'd add Bartra and Militao in there, and I considered drafting Belotti towards the end there) myself as I try and be realistic about my teams. I think the bench/squad players are strong too, but again young to a degree.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Ronaldo Cavani
Fekir
Pogba Modric
Brozovic
Alba Boateng Pique Carvajal
Handanovic

Onana, Odriozola, Tierney, Manolas, Upamecano, Carvalho, Barella, Tielemans, Coutinho, Malcom, Aubameyang​

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dragon Energy Club de Futball
Marco Asensio ----------- Mauro Icardi ----------- Nicolas Pepe
Kai Havertz
Jorge Koke --------- Julian Weigl
Alex Sandro - Jose Gimenez - Virgil van Dijk "C' - Sergi Roberto
Hugo Lloris​

Subs
Alexandre Lacazette, ST
Marcus Rashford, ST/W
Hirving Lozano, RW
Dusan Tadic, LW
Fabian Ruiz, CAM
Santiago Ascacibar, CDM
Jose Gaya, LB
Hector Bellerin, RB
Jonathan Tah, CB
Antonio Rudiger, CB
Rui Patricio, GK

Forgot to post my team ages ago. Quite happy with it, very powerful when they have the ball. Defence I admit is a bit weak, but you won't need to defend when you have the ball the entire game. Plus my team has the potential to outscore opponents regardless of how many they get.​

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Too bad only a few of us bothered to post our teams.
Agreed. Every year people want to do the draft but never seem to want to participate in any post draft activities. :( Meanwhile I'm here thinking the post draft discussion/tactics/ratings are just as fun as the draft itself.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Going to have to see the rest of the teams, but if Seph is somehow allowed to roll out his 4-4-3 diamond that he posted, then he stands a pretty good chance to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->