HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No, not everyone does. Say the CL final is made between pick 6 and 7, the draft will suddenly accelerate and the first 6 picks will have plenty of time compared to the others.
Do people really need a ton of time to think about their picks this early? I always thought the time limit was just to allow for people to be in different time zones, work, etc.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nobody asked you to explain yourself, and nobody is forcing anything. Again, with no clock and at peoples' leisure it really makes no difference if people make picks or trades now. If it can't be kept track of people can wait for whatever 4 days.

Again, it literally makes no difference. You guys are unbalanced if you're seriously getting upset over this.

I actually can't believe what you're writing here. I don't think I've ever read anything dumber. There was a reason that I asked to wait. Again, if people want to make picks and trades with nobody able to put down the board and me have to go search through pages of posts days later to go find those trades (and maybe get them wrong), be my guest.

For what it's worth I never explained exactly why I didn't want to start so I'm not that mad, I'm more confused than anything.

And now that I've posted that stuff, I should make clear I have no mental deterioration. Only physical. So don't expect me to start forgetting shit and that I'm not going to steal all your picks because I will.

Reactions: les Habs

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I actually can't believe what you're writing here. I don't think I've ever read anything dumber. There was a reason that I asked to wait. Again, if people want to make picks and trades with nobody able to put down the board and me have to go search through pages of posts days later to go find those trades (and maybe get them wrong), be my guest.

For what it's worth I never explained exactly why I didn't want to start so I'm not that mad, I'm more confused than anything.
You've 'never read anything dumber' than me saying it doesn't make a difference if we start now or after the CL, if there's no clock? That's a take, I guess.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Do people really need a ton of time to think about their picks this early? I always thought the time limit was just to allow for people to be in different time zones, work, etc.
When the guy you wanted gets picked right before you it's easier to have zero clock instead of 10 hours or so (which could include 8 hours of sleep).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When the guy you wanted gets picked right before you it's easier to have zero clock instead of 10 hours or so (which could include 8 hours of sleep).
Sure, but I mean, I don't think it takes more than 15 minutes to actually make a pick even in that situation. But eh, to each their own. I really don't see this all as a big deal; we're all adults (well, debatable) and can keep track of our picks until LITN has time to update the thread especially this early in the draft. I don't make the rules, and it was more a suggestion than anything, but hey it's the end of the world and whatnot and some of the dumbest **** ever on this board (and that's saying a lot).

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My thought process was that we could do some picks trading since we probably wouldn't see too many before the draft started, but that would be it based on @Live in the Now 's week. @Live in the Now, you OK with that?

The part where I said I wouldn't be able to update the picks thread very much without giving detail is me saying we shouldn't start. I wouldn't say that unless there was a good reason because I want to start just like everyone else.

Now that I have to give detail it's because I'm having ****ing electroshock put into my arms and legs for two days because I'm being tested for all kinds of stupid brain problems in addition to the one with my eye, bad nerves in my neck and back, and nerve problems in my knee that I already have.

If you want to start so bad with nobody keeping track of trades be my guest.

Exactly what I was referring to already.

Corpses might be found deep in the Milwaukee River.

No, they're in Lake Michigan.

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
My thought process was that we could do some picks trading since we probably wouldn't see too many before the draft started, but that would be it based on @Live in the Now 's week. @Live in the Now, you OK with that?

I am the compromising sort, so I think the best way to go about this if someone really wanted to trade picks would be for someone to keep track of all of them in one post instead of scattered like usual. I don't really know what my physical condition will be on Thursday or Friday so I can't really say how I will update things.

My initial reaction is borne out of the fact that we usually blow through the first two or three rounds in three days. That will make it very difficult to keep track of things when I either am or am not able to update the picks thread at all. I don't really know because I've never had to do this before, and when my body is basically betraying me for no logical reason at all, it's kind of strange to deal with.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Count me out of the draft, actually, cheers lads.

Again, I don’t really know what to say to this. I made a reasonable request in the very first place I thought. Then I just explained why I overreacted.

Sorry that is too much for you.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Count me out of the draft, actually, cheers lads.

After everything you've said you're bowing out? C'mon. In all seriousness, my apologies. I was frustrated because we had things set up as they are for specific reasons. And nobody probably wants to start earlier than I do as it's much easier for me to draft this week than it will be next week. My Sunday will be very busy and I don't even know how long it will take me to get on and make my first pick. Anyway, it was all laid out for specific reasons which I assume are pretty clear now. Again, I apologize for the stupid things that I said, whether you want to still be in the draft or not. I was just frustrated at things going off the rails.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Again, I don’t really know what to say to this. I made a reasonable request in the very first place I thought. Then I just explained why I overreacted.

Sorry that is too much for you.
I have no issue with you, or your request. All soccer board stuff aside I genuinely hope everything goes well and they figure out what's going on. I'm just not interested in the draft anymore. Good luck!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have no issue with you, or your request. All soccer board stuff aside I genuinely hope everything goes well and they figure out what's going on. I'm just not interested in the draft anymore. Good luck!

Yeah, I would prefer that you don't bow out though and for you to please stay.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It's just a game.

Why do u have to be mad?

Speaking for myself I frustrated because the rules were laid out in the OP, updated multiple times, and in posts. Anyway, my apologies to you and again @YNWA14 for being a dick. I just didn't want this to be shitshow, but I clearly overreacted made some stupid remarks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I am the compromising sort, so I think the best way to go about this if someone really wanted to trade picks would be for someone to keep track of all of them in one post instead of scattered like usual. I don't really know what my physical condition will be on Thursday or Friday so I can't really say how I will update things.

My initial reaction is borne out of the fact that we usually blow through the first two or three rounds in three days. That will make it very difficult to keep track of things when I either am or am not able to update the picks thread at all. I don't really know because I've never had to do this before, and when my body is basically betraying me for no logical reason at all, it's kind of strange to deal with.
Just to check with what you’re suggesting is that if someone were to keep track of picks/trades until you’re able, you’re okay with that? Because I can definitely keep up with picks/trades for the time being. I was also a part of this and didn’t pay attention so my apologies for that to everyone. I can keep a post tracking all trades and picks so you basically just need to copy and paste when you’re ready if that’s what you want. Or if you’d rather start later, that’s fine. Or if you want to have someone else deal with the picks all together I can do that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just to check with what you’re suggesting is that if someone were to keep track of picks/trades until you’re able, you’re okay with that? Because I can definitely keep up with picks/trades for the time being. I was also a part of this and didn’t pay attention so my apologies for that to everyone. I can keep a post tracking all trades and picks so you basically just need to copy and paste when you’re ready if that’s what you want. Or if you’d rather start later, that’s fine. Or if you want to have someone else deal with the picks all together I can do that.

I've already offered to keep track of trades of picks which I think he's fine with. We'll start the actual draft on Sunday as planned. Getting any pick trades down now, assuming we have any, will help expedite the early picks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I've already offered to keep track of trades of picks which I think he's fine with. We'll start the actual draft on Sunday as planned. Getting any pick trades down now, assuming we have any, will help expedite the early picks.
Works for me. I don’t think there will be many trades early on because you’re kind of speculating who is going to get taken where but the last two years have shown that the picks can be kind of all over the place.

Edit; with that said I could be convinced to trade down from 3.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
You're all welcome for not participating this time around and allowing one of you a chance to win. Now I will just post this after every single pick, good or bad

tenor.gif

Reactions: Evilo and YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->