HFBoards' 2018 Fantasy Football Draft Squad Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Very happy with my starting XI and depth.

Reus - Firmino - Bale
Ozil - Anderson
Busquets
Gaya - van Dijk - Lovren - TAA
Neuer​

Subs: Promes, Sarr, Vidal, Aouar, Goretzka, Neves, Ghoulam, Zouma, Nkunku, Retsos, Lunin​

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Pretty happy with my team. Definitely not the youngest team, pretty solid all around.
Balde -Lewandowski- Mahrez
Gundogan-Tolisso
Kante​
Kurzawa-Ramos-Bailly-Aurier
Lloris
Subs: Pavard, Stones, Dalbert, Fred, Pereira, Richarlison, Batshuayi, Iago Aspas, Ben Yedder, Gnabry,​

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Cavani
Perisic - Griezmann - Di Maria
Pjanic - Kondogbia
Davies - Laporte - Hummels - Pereira
Ederson

Martial
Ünder - Talisca - Pulisic
Dahoud - Dier
Grimaldo - Rüdiger - Tah - Tete
Leno​

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Aubameyang
Neymar------------------------Muller
Saul--------Rabiot
Danilo Pereira
Telles---Sule---Marquinhos--Mario Fernandes
Handanovic

Silva----Moreno
Oyarzabal----------------------------Lopes
Fornals--Ziolinski
Ndidi
Wendell--Lenglet--Cancelo
Donnarumma​

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bruno Fernandes-Timo Werner-Florian Thauvin
Paul Pogba-Marcelo Brozovic-Radja Nainggolan
Aleksandar Kolarov-David Alaba-Jose Giménez-Sergi Roberto
Anthony Lopez

Jose Callejon-Radamel Falcao-Federico Bernardeschi
Hakan Calhanoglu-Lucas Tousart-Morgan Sanson
Jorge-Inigo Martínez-Joris Gnagnon-Alessandro Florenzi
Alphonse Areola

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
zWiZDtI.png

Squad
Gabriel Jesus, ST (21)
Coutinho, LF (26)
Angel Correa, RF (23)
Son Heung-Min, LM (26)
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, CM (23)
Casemiro, CM (26) "VC"
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain,RM (25)
Lucas Hernandez, LCB (22)
Kamil Glik, CB (30) "C"
Matthijs de Ligt, RCB (19)
Jan Oblak, GK (25)

Bench
Patrick Cutrone, ST (20)
Luis Alberto, CAM/ST (25)
Bertrand Traore, RF (22)
Adem Ljajic, LM/LF (26)
Yacine Adli, CM (18)
Andrija Zivkovic, CM (22)
Raphael Guerreiro, LB (24)
Emre Can, CDM/CB (24)
Issa Diop, CB (21)
Diogo Dalot, RB (19)
Cho Hyun-Woo, GK (26)
I tried to go youth and build a similar squad like last year, but I don't know if I am overall happy with it. Birth days are in (##). I didn't have as much time as last year in picking my players and because of that didn't have longer time to go through available players. I will suggest that my squad is quite underrated though, but still not a fan of my right side even with the players I picked there.

So when I was building my squad, I wanted a central core of tough players to play against since I was going to play three at the back and have pace on the outside. In that sense I accomplished my goal where I got Casemiro, SMS, and Can on the inside. I also wanted mobile CB's which I accomplished with Hernandez and de Ligt including a central roadblock directing traffic in Glik, who also serves as my Captain. You guys criticized my last team in being really weak defencively, which I took to heart and improved this year with hardworking and trackbacking players like Oxlade and Son. These two are also quite pacy and have a lot of skill going forward as well.

Now in terms of tactics, my squad of 3-4-(2)-1 turns into a four back consisting of Casemiro/Can as the second central CB with Lucas moving to LB and de Ligt moving to a RB when defending. It is a shape that turns back into the three back formation when we have the ball or moving forward. Here, Casemiro turns into a CDM and SMS turns into a CAM/SS of sort. I give Coutinho and Correa both free roaming ability to play as wingers, but I keep Jesus as the CF and want him to stay in that position. Not because he's a target man nor do I want my squad to play long balls, but I really want the LF, RF, LM, and RM to all whip balls with a ton of curve into the box, where Jesus' pace can cause so many problems. I am using Pep as my inspiration with the four defenders when defending and three when going forward.

The bench of Sergio Ramos FanClub de Futball is filled with more technical players just in case I find myself trailing. The likes of Alberto can be used as a back up striker, false 9, or as a CAM player who could replace SMS if need be. Cutrone is Jesus's replacement if I need fresh legs on the pitch. Traore brings that pace I want on the right side. Ljajic is Coutinho's or Son's replacement. Grabbed Adli for his potential, but as a future replacement for SMS. Zivkovic is for any of the CM's or Coutinho and brings a lot of technique I wanted. Guerreiro is my only left-back and I use him as a sub for Son or if I want to change formations for a proper four back/wingback. Can is there as a sub for any of the three CB's in case of injury since he can also play as a LB, CB, and RB. He's quite accomplished and skilled at many different areas (which really appealed to me). With that said, I really intend to use him as a CDM to replace Casemiro. Diop is there to eventually replace Glik and have a similar role in directing the spine/traffic. Dalot is similar to Guerreiro where he's there to replace Ox as a wingback or for a more proper four-back formation. Cho Hyun-Woo is insanely underrated and he's there as my back up goalkeeper who can hold his own weight. What are you guys' thoughts here?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
------------------Icardi-------------------
Payet-------------Dele------------Bailey
----------Zakaria-----Goetze-------------
Marcelo--Akanji---Varane-----Carvajal
---------------De Gea----------------------

Bench:

Pickford(GK)
Nacho(RB, LB, CB)
Kimpembe(CB, LB)
Fernandinho(CDM)
Matuidi(CM/CDM)
Chiesa(RW/LW)
Mariano(ST)

Reserves:

Eder Militao(RB, CB, CDM)
Kamara(CB, CDM)
Sancho(LW/RW)
Foden(CAM/CM/LW/RW)

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Belotti - Mbappé
Eriksen
Koke - Rakitic
J. Martinez
Azpilicueta - Caldara - Boateng - Meunier
Courtois
BENCH:

Ndombele
Willian
J. Mata
Ascasibar
Robben
Giroud
Ferreira Carrasco
Kompany
Rudy
Trippier
Rico

Love my starting XI. Like, really really happy with it. I'd wager I probably came out of this draft with the best midfield, and my forward line and back four are both also really strong.

I made errors in my depth drafting. I'm lacking in high caliber youth, besides Mbappé, Caldara, and Ndombele. Accidentally overdrafted attacking midfielders because I was exclusively thinking BPA and not positionally, so I have a glut there. So I'm not thrilled with my bench.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Aguero
Hazard---------------B.Silva
Keita Kovacic
Nzonzi
B.Mendy Silva Luiz Sidibe
Sczcesny​
Bench:

GK - Horn
RB - Bellerin
LB - Augustinsson
CB - Jemerson - Savic
DM - Rodri
CM - Seri
AM - Mkhitaryan
LW - Coman
RW - Pedro
CF - Maxi Gomez​

Reactions: All Might

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just you

I was going to say no team sticks out in a good or bad way but Venkman's team looks fantastic through the starting 11. Probably the team to beat as of now. IMHO

I was thinking the same thing for the most part. No team really stands out from the rest. I think everyone drafted pretty well this year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
GK- Subasic
LB - Filipe Luis
CB- Godin
CB Umtiti
RB Henrichs
DM- Jordan Henderson
CM- Kroos
CM - Milner
LW- Brandt
CF- Immobile
RW Salah

Bench
Thomas Strakosha
Gelson Martins
Rafinha Alcantara
Joe Gomez
Emil Forseberg
Mateo Musacchio
Vardy
Marx Kruse
Thomas Partey
Raffael
Nathaniel Clyne

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't look at every team properly, but Venkman's starting XI is impressive, as I said when he posted it. No real weakness.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
C. Ronaldo​
A. Sanchez - Fekir - Douglas Costa
Verratti - Ramsey
Kimmich​
Rugani - Chiellini - Manolas
Ter Stegen

Alternative formation:
C. Ronaldo
N. Fekir​
Douglas Costa - Verratti - Fabregas - Cuadrado
Kimmich​
Otamendi - Chiellini - Manolas
Ter Stegen​

Subs:
ST: Benzema
LW: Kluivert
LW/MCO: Draxler
RB/RW: Cuadrado
CM: Cesc Fabregas
CM: Carlos Soler
LB/CM: Zinchenko
DM: Bakayoko
CB: Otamendi
CB: Milenkovic
GK: Perin

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Hollywood Blondes FC.

Please enjoy our club's theme and feel free to sing along with our supporters:

Full squad:

Luis Suarez
Paulo Dybala
Ousmane Dembele
David Neres
Vinicius Jr
Rodrygo
Thomas Lemar
Ander Herrera
Arthur
Hakim Ziyech
Frenkie de Jong
Nemanja Matic
Dani Alves
Almamy Toure
Yerry Mina
Davinson Sanchez
Dayot Upamecano
Lukas Mai
Jordi Alba
Ferland Mendy
Alban Lafont
Jasper Cillessen

Click the links for lineups. (@S E P H , with your mouse or your finger depending on what device you're using). Starting XI:

Football Formation Creator - Make Your Team and Share Tactics

Note that lovely home strip, teal with red accents and gold print. Went with a 4-3-3 as intended. Suarez in the... well Suarez role. He'll skew left. Dybala in the Messi role. Dembele out wide on the left. Lemar in a more attacking CM role who can also slot out wide if Dembele cuts inside, but not too much as Alba would overlap. Arthur the controller, but tough choice between him and Ander Herrera for that starting spot. Definitely up for grabs, but Arthur can also sub for Matic. Matic in the DM role, but plenty of options. Dani Alves at RB will be covered by Arthur/Herrera. On the opposite flank Alba. At the back I'd start with Sanchez and Mina. Already a partnership at international level, but now also at club level for Hollywood Blondes FC, though Upamecano keeps it competitive. Lafont gets the starting nod, but Cillessen will keep him on his toes.

Nice thing is I could go with this alternative XI:

Football Formation Creator - Make Your Team and Share Tactics

Bit of the Valverde x Barça 4-4-2. This can easily convert back to a 4-3-3 as needed.

A few more notes:

• Fantastic draft this go round. Picking pretty deep made it a bit tougher and people didn't want to trade (happy with their Pontiacs). Still I thought for quite some time as the draft went on people were making solid picks. Of course it's how it all comes together and I think some of you potentially had the bull by the horns but didn't deliver on your picks. Still I think so many participants made such good picks in the first few rounds that they improved on previous years.
  • Big opportunities that stand out for me with my side are leadership and to an extent years of experience. Don't get me wrong, a lot of my young guys have great experience already and are well proven. On top of that I have excellent veteran players who have won just about everything. I think we've entered somewhat of a generational transition phase in the game. You get this essentially every year as time goes on of course, but I think we're close to a big transition. That played into my strategy along with where I was drafting.
  • I could really see the attack delivering. Creativity with all three starters coupled with goal production. I could definitely see them contributing the following in a league scenario: Suarez 25, Dybala 27 and Dembele 12. That's of course not to mention the 50 (not a typo) goals that Mina would deliver. Anyway, Suarez is way too often (laughably) written off on this forum despite both WhoScored? and Sqawka rating him the 3rd best player in La Liga last season, but Dybala would be his heir and I have a lot of options to cover Dybala when that happens.
  • I think my younger guys/backups are already either pretty well proven or definitely look the real McCoy. In fact the potential here is great. Perhaps the next Neymar, de Bruyne, Xavi, etc.
  • The entire squad has blonde hair as they're so bought into playing for the club and it makes it really difficult for the opposition to tell them apart.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You pulled all the stops out on that one, it's like I am sold on it and I have no idea what I'm buying.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I also agree that the draft this year turned out very strong for the most part. Without factoring in my own team and bias I agree about Venkman's team. Very solid all around.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Still waiting for a couple of sides to be posted. I have my initial thoughts which I don't think will change much though.

The pulled all the stops out on that one, it's like I am sold on it and I have no idea what I'm buying.

Not really. Anyway, this was an almost and ode to S E P H. I was going to write that last night, but of course with my own spin on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad