HFBoards' 2018 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not a big fan of having to trade to get Dembele, but I still really believe in his full potential and still think he's demonstrated a lot at his age if you watch his actual play. For me a 21 year old who already looks one of the best of his generation is worth trading up for. I also don't plan on wasting him like Valverde does. Anyway, as I see it my attacking players would deliver at least a conservative 60 goals and probably more so 65-70. So considering where I picked and how that figure will likely compare I'll take it.

Per the Bale discussion, Zidane's goal was better not question about it. I can't think of one better than Zidane's, but admittedly I don't remember so many goals as well. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like either player. Back to Bale as a pick though, I think he's good value where @YNWA14 got him. He's streaky at times, has had some injuries and it's not always apparent he should be starting for Madrid, but when he's on for them he's excellent. He can be very dangerous and while I think you'd only get so much mileage out of him at 29 it's easily enough for where he was picked.

You were expecting me to take Ramos, weren't you? :D

Yup. :laugh:

Sanchez is an interesting pick. Would have preferred you not taking him as I wanted to see how far he'd fall. I think moving to United was a mistake when it sounds like he could have gone to City and I was curious how that move would affect his perception in the draft.

Is everyone PMing? There’s been multiple times when someone has been on within their clock aren’t picking.

Yes. I don't do the @ as I always forget, but I pretty much always PM. Anyway, while that may be the case the window is 10 hours. I personally have picked relatively quickly thus far, which considering my access when at work and my work week this week... I don't have a single list at all. I mean if in real life Messi transferred to Real Madrid this week (LOL, keep dreaming rubes!) I'd have missed it.

Welcome to drafting though. We're moving along well. Seems notably faster if you get rid of the no show than the wrestling draft we just did.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Griezmann, Cavani, Hummels, Pjanic...

20150923-lewandowski-lap-hang-loat-ky-luc-voi-5-ban-thang-trong-9-phut-2.jpg

I do need to inject some youth though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't think there is anything wrong with putting together a bit older side that is competitive right now. However I would just note what the OP says about being competitive in the future as well. I think you can make the argument that you'd be so competitive for a few years that in a real life scenario you could just buy better players down the road, but you do then have to be competitive now and I don't see the Hummels and Pjanic picks being picks Guardiola would have made.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I don't think there is anything wrong with putting together a bit older side that is competitive right now. However I would just note what the OP says about being competitive in the future as well. I think you can make the argument that you'd be so competitive for a few years that in a real life scenario you could just buy better players down the road, but you do then have to be competitive now and I don't see the Hummels and Pjanic picks being picks Guardiola would have made.

I think I'll manage.

I was just trying to capture Pep's emotion. Not emulate him. :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well yeah, there's definitely time. I wasn't as excited last year as I have been in the past with my younger guys, but overall they did pretty well last season so we'll see what happens over time.

Right, and the point of my mentioning him wasn't to suggest you were.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pjanic is certainly a great midfielder. So far all three of the players I wanted at this pick are still around so at least I'm a guaranteed one of them. :)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I cannot BELIEVE Boateng took this long to be drafted. Seriously, wtf.

I can't either in the sense of a couple of guys taken ahead of him, but he's an overrated player if you ask me. Definitely has been on this forum too. Still good pick here all things considered and still one of the top CBs of the past few years even though last season wasn't his best as @YNWA14 noted.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It kind of sucks when people not taking the players that you want ends up making your decisions harder. Up to this point it's been pretty easy but now I genuinely don't know which to pick. They're all so good in different ways.

Ah well. I guess I have tonight to sleep on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad