HFBlues Fantasy Hockey *Updated for ‘19-‘20 Season

BlueDuck

Sep 24, 2018
If anyone else drops i would love to get in, just make me 1st alternate and PM me if anyone does

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway:

Let's say I have an active player, John Doe, who doesn't play tonight but I have a player on my bench, John Smith, who plays the same position playing tonight.

If I sub Smith for Doe - and then back again tomorrow - will the stats from both players count toward my week's total.....or only stats from active players on the final day?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway:

Let's say I have an active player, John Doe, who doesn't play tonight but I have a player on my bench, John Smith, who plays the same position playing tonight.

If I sub Smith for Doe - and then back again tomorrow - will the stats from both players count toward my week's total.....or only stats from active players on the final day?

Both will count as long as the day they play they are not on the bench.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Did i catch a break. I don't see where last week's results are listed in the standings. So last week was like preseason, lol.
Since the first week started on a Wednesday, it’s extended until the next Sunday, otherwise it would have been a 5 day week and some teams wouldn’t be able to get the goalie starts required (for example, I think Tampa only played Saturday).

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
Since the first week started on a Wednesday, it’s extended until the next Sunday, otherwise it would have been a 5 day week and some teams wouldn’t be able to get the goalie starts required (for example, I think Tampa only played Saturday).

OK, I didn't realize Yahoo did that.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
There’s actually an option to also combine the two weeks they do the “bye” weeks now too. I dont know if it’s a default option or one that has to manually be changed before the season but my main league did it last year and it was nice.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Who is my Eastern counterpart holding onto Nylander and waiting? How long should I sit on him on the roster? I thought it would wrap up quickly once games started.

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
Who is my Eastern counterpart holding onto Nylander and waiting? How long should I sit on him on the roster? I thought it would wrap up quickly once games started.
That would be my son. I have no idea how long he is going to hang on to him. He's an 18 yo kid whose mind wanders off into all directions. First he drafts Lehtera and then he drops Murray. But whom am I to say, I'm in last place. :confused:

BlueDuck

Sep 24, 2018
Just wanted to reiterate again that if anyone drops I would be willing to take over their team. Thanks again.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This is my first year participating, but this Yahoo site is horrible. My only prior experience is fantasy football, but with several different sites.

There have been probably a half-dozen times I set my lineup for a few days in advance. It says, “saved” and it shows my changes when I go back later. But then when I check in a couple days, it kept players on the bench that should have been scoring.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
This is my first year participating, but this Yahoo site is horrible. My only prior experience is fantasy football, but with several different sites.

There have been probably a half-dozen times I set my lineup for a few days in advance. It says, “saved” and it shows my changes when I go back later. But then when I check in a couple days, it kept players on the bench that should have been scoring.
Sometimes if you add a player it’ll keep your lineup the same as the day you added said player until you change it. Don’t know if that’s what happened but it does that.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
So I ended up winning the east league (not much of a brag considering most people dropped out early on). Was curious as to who won the west league

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
So I ended up winning the east league (not much of a brag considering most people dropped out early on). Was curious as to who won the west league
I lost the championship game 6-4 to Illinois Gaters. A Carey Price shutout was the difference.
I’m glad I played, but I don’t care for that format at all (first time with fantasy hockey). There were zero trades, and there isn’t a good forum for discussion. Basically there was like zero talk with other players the entire season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad