HFBaseball Tournament of Logos - Pacific Coast League

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
As always let's open with congratulating our winners, so congrats to the Durham Bulls for winning the International League (after the Commissioner of the HFBaseball Tournament of Logos made a controversial call) and felicitaciones a los Pericos de Puebla for winning the Mexican League. Now let's move on to our next and last Triple-A league and our last minor league, the Pacific Coast League. Founded in 1903, the PCL stretches from the Mississippi River westwards to the actual Pacific Coast and once included teams in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and even Honolulu. Now composed of 16 teams, the PCL has teams in California, Colorado, Iowa, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. You may wonder why the PCL is so geographically widespread - at one point there was a third US-based Triple-A league, the American Association, which dissolved in 1997. When the AA disbanded, its teams were divided between the PCL and IL. Iowa, Nashville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, and Omaha went to the PCL while Buffalo, Indianapolis, and Louisville joined the IL. Now, our last set of MiLB logos!

PCL%20Logo.png

AlbuquerqueIsotopes.png

Albuquerque Isotopes

Colorado_Springs_Sky_Sox_logo.png

Colorado Springs Sky Sox

ElPasoChihuahuas.PNG

El Paso Chihuahuas

FresnoGrizzliesLogo2008.PNG

Fresno Grizzlies

143px-Iowa_Cubs_Logo.svg.png

Iowa Cubs

LasVegas51s.png

Las Vegas 51s

Memphis_Redbirds_Primary_Logo_1.jpg

Memphis Redbirds

NashvilleSoundsLogo.png

Nashville Sounds

NOLABabyCakes.png

New Orleans Baby Cakes

OKC_Dodgers.PNG

Oklahoma City Dodgers

Storm_Chasers.png

Omaha Storm Chasers

RenoAcesLogo.PNG

Reno Aces

RoundRockExpress.PNG

Round Rock Express

SacramentoRiverCats.png

Sacramento River Cats

434px-Salt_Lake_Bees_team_logo.svg.png

Salt Lake Bees

Tacoma_Rainiers_logo.png

Tacoma Rainiers

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I normally dont like when the minor league affiliate uses the logo of the men club but the Memphis Redbirds did a great job making it their own.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'd like to add that Baby Cakes is obviously the worst but Chihuahuas is a close second. A chihuahua is never fearsome, so trying to make a logo with one being so is never going to be good.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Some maybe wondering why I chose the Memphis Redbirds over the D-Backs affiliate Reno Aces in the PCL matchup. Some of you may know that I was born in the Mid-South (the most common nickname for Memphis, TN). So, birthplace has to trump D-Backs in this case. My father's side of the family also resides in the Memphis area. Also, the logo evokes the neon signs that appears on Beale Street, a popular downtown destination. I can't confirm it, but the logo is supposed to evoke the famous Memphis Music sign. That's my justification of picking the Redbirds over the Aces.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Some maybe wondering why I chose the Memphis Redbirds over the D-Backs affiliate Reno Aces in the PCL matchup. Some of you may know that I was born in the Mid-South (the most common nickname for Memphis, TN). So, birthplace has to trump D-Backs in this case. My father's side of the family also resides in the Memphis area. Also, the logo evokes the neon signs that appears on Beale Street, a popular downtown destination. I can't confirm it, but the logo is supposed to evoke the famous Memphis Music sign. That's my justification of picking the Redbirds over the Aces.

Shouldn't the better logo trump basically everything else, seeing as it's a logo contest? Like I guess I understand your reasoning but if we make picks based on factors other than the actual logo then the whole point of the poll system becomes meaningless. Might as well just ask "Which is your favourite team?" instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad