HFBaseball Tournament of Logos - American League

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Our winner from the last round, was the Memphis Redbirds! While the 'Topes looked like they were going to try to challenge for the win, Memphis just squeaked out by one vote.

Now, we made it. After a long, arduous climb through the ranks of the minors, including a detour to Mexico, we're at the Show, the Bigs. You know, you never handle your luggage in the Show? Somebody else carries your bags, it's great. You hit white balls for batting practice. Ballparks are like cathedrals. The hotels all have room service. But the logos. We'll start with the Junior Circuit, the American League. Founded in 1901, the AL is a 15-team....ah, hell, I don't need to do this part anymore. Before we go to the logos though, I want to address something, especially now that we're at a level where many of us have rooting interests. As GIN said here

Shouldn't the better logo trump basically everything else, seeing as it's a logo contest? Like I guess I understand your reasoning but if we make picks based on factors other than the actual logo then the whole point of the poll system becomes meaningless. Might as well just ask "Which is your favourite team?" instead.

This is absolutely the case. I want you guys to select the best logo. Even if you're a diehard Angels, Pirates, Cubs, Mariners, or whatever fan, vote for the logo you think is objectively the best. That may not be your team's logo. I don't want this to be about who's team has the most fans, but, again, which is the objectively best logo.

That out of the way....logo time!

American_League_%28crest%29.png

Orioles_new.PNG

Baltimore Orioles

359px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Boston Red Sox

181px-Chicago_White_Sox.svg.png

Chicago White Sox

300px-Indians_Logo_-_2014_Season.svg.png

Cleveland Indians

Detroit-tigers-logo-2016.png

Detroit Tigers

250px-Houston-Astros-Logo.svg.png

Houston Astros

128px-Kansas_City_Royals.svg.png

Kansas City Royals

187px-Los_Angeles_Angels_of_Anaheim.svg.png

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

150px-Minnesota_Twins_logo.svg.png

Minnesota Twins

302px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png

New York Yankees

150px-Oakland_athl_primlogo.svg.png

Oakland Athletics

300px-Seattle_Mariners_logo.svg.png

Seattle Mariners

250px-Tampa_Bay_Rays.svg.png

Tampa Bay Rays

300px-Texas_Rangers.svg.png

Texas Rangers

300px-Toronto_Blue_Jays_logo.svg.png

Toronto Blue Jays

Reactions: Roboturner913

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Tigers

I'm going to go ahead and assume that if anybody votes for the Yankees it was because they didn't scroll down and just assumed it was their cap logo.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
1. Mariners
2. Jays
3. Orioles

I actually think the Mariners logo is brutal.

It may come off as homerish but I legit think the Blue Jays logo is one of the best in sports.

There are a lot of great iconic ones in the AL though. Yankees is very good and classy/classic. As much as I dislike them I will give them that. However there are a lot with the old timey scroll writing so they just don't distinguish themselves enough from each other. Obviously not in this case since we aren't doing the cap logos here but I still like the Uncle Sam hat + bat logo too.

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
If I had to rank them based on the logos posted here:

Tier 1:
Toronto Blue Jays
Detroit Tigers
Chicago White Sox
New York Yankees
Boston Red Sox

Tier 2:
Oakland Athletics
Minnesota Twins
Baltimore Orioles
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Tier 3:
Seattle Mariners
Tampa Bay Rays
Texas Rangers
Houston Astros
Cleveland Indians

I dunno, it's early. Some of those may move around a bit in the rankings. Had the A's and O's higher at one point. Maybe Detroit, Chicago, Boston should be moved down. It's early. Pretty confident in the bottom 5 though. They aren't really ranked within the tiers.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Blue Jays

The Indians logo is so so bad. I know they're phasing out Wahoo, but come up with something better than typing a C in microsoft word and selecting a generic font.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Have a feeling the Jays are gonna win this just 'cause they have the biggest fanbase on HF.

I hope it's not just blind homerism because again..

I want you guys to select the best logo. Even if you're a diehard Angels, Pirates, Cubs, Mariners, or whatever fan, vote for the logo you think is objectively the best. That may not be your team's logo. I don't want this to be about who's team has the most fans, but, again, which is the objectively best logo.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Have a feeling the Jays are gonna win this just 'cause they have the biggest fanbase on HF.

I know I'm a Jays fan but it's a legitimately great logo. It might be hard to separate that but it's not like we're talking about a crappy logo potentially winning.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
One of the teams I played for in Little League were the Blue Jays, with the Carter-era hats. I've been a sucker for that look ever since, even to the point where I kept that Blue Jays hat in regular rotation until I grew out of it.

I prefer the original logo, but as far as modernizations go it was done very well. Just stop wearing so much damn red.

If it were down to cap logos it'd be between Detroit & Oakland (with a nod of appreciation thrown Baltimore's way...for whatever reason I appreciate the cartoony oriole a million times more than the realistic one), but for general logo I have to go Toronto.

Last edited:

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Yankees logo is iconic as it gets. Cant see anyone voting for some other logo unless you're some kind of an art freak interested in graphics or homer and even then... Os, RedSox, WhiteSox, Detroit and As are also iconic but a notch below.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yankees logo is iconic as it gets. Cant see anyone voting for some other logo unless you're some kind of an art freak interested in graphics or homer and even then... Os, RedSox, WhiteSox, Detroit and As are also iconic but a notch below.

Or you know, you just like another logo better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->