WWE: HFB Slammy Awards: WWE Disappointment of the Year

WWE Disappointment of the Year

• Part-timers run rampant in the Royal Rumble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
For me the biggest disappointment was what a letdown the Harper/Wyatt split was. It should have been a huge angle on its own, leading up to a match on a major PPV, which would hopefully get Harper in a more prominent position on the roster.

Instead it was just a sidebar to the Wyatt/Orton feud.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How are people disappointed in Jinder's title reign? Like, was there actual expectations that weren't fulfilled?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
It was disappointing that Jinder was champ as long as he was but I had low expectations for the reign itself. To me, Orton has been involved in two of the most disappointing programs of the last calendar year.

When it comes to Bray...it's harder and harder to buy into the silliness of a supernatural character when so much of the company is reality-based. Straight-up gimmick wrestlers are a dying breed. Even Balor channeling the demon persona is a stretch. Kane is still kicking around but he doesn't have the same aura.

You can still have villainous heels and legit monsters in today's wrestling. Strowman hits a sweet spot in that he's a big guy with a developed character but not a off-the-wall gimmick like Bray.

Bludgeon Brothers is such a hokey gimmick and a team like Ascension has had to become a comedy act to get over. A comedy face gimmick seems to be the only thing that gets over because fans see through a bad heel gimmick. Heels today get over with promos and actions. Joe, Miz and Owens are perfect examples of that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Btw @M.C.G. 31 - I know I speak for everyone on the board saying thank you for doing this for now 5-6 years. Even if you don't keep your tabs on next year, since a lot of people stopped watching, I think we could steal all the thread titles and just leave it as an open forum instead of giving options. If the product picks up and we all jump back in, then we can keep tabs.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No problem.

I’ll probably still keep light tabs and see what’s buzzing. I’ll probably stick around to watching at least somewhat up to the Rumble at least, probably Wrestlemania. We’ll see what happens after that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Btw @M.C.G. 31 - I know I speak for everyone on the board saying thank you for doing this for now 5-6 years. Even if you don't keep your tabs on next year, since a lot of people stopped watching, I think we could steal all the thread titles and just leave it as an open forum instead of giving options. If the product picks up and we all jump back in, then we can keep tabs.

Kind of makes you think the true disappointment is the product as a whole.

We all are pretty much officially burned out. With the roster they have, that is a damn crime.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Luke Harper getting cast aside was another disappointment of the whole Wyatt/Orton situation.
I only like the B.B. gimmick because I have to out of support for them.
While everyone else is adding and padding, I think its disappointing that the Wyatt family isn't around to feud with whatever the hell the shield is supposed to be. Why didn't they do that back in the day? They had everyone hardcore interested then they decided Rollins smacks his team with a chair waaaaay too early instead of milking that feud for all it would've been worth.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I hated Jinder but was happy for the Singh brothers so I can't say I entirely hated his run as champ. That is why the destruction of Bray Wyatt is what I'd choose from the list. My personal disappointment was what they did or should I say didn't do with Becky Lynch this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->