WWE: HFB Slammy Awards: Heel of the Year

Heel of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’m going with Owens. While I was not satisfied with his in ring action this year, he had the absolute best pure heel moments on the roster.

This was topped by the Festival of Friendship and his beatdown it Vince.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Usos were never really heels. They were aligned as heels , but they were always face on Talking Smack and being buddies with DB. They are tweeners at best.

Heel of the year needs to be actually heeling. Can’t have too many tweener moments or a straight face turn.

The purest heels on this list is Corbin and Jinder but they both suck. KO and Joe are the next closest to being pure heels but still awesome. Neville too. I’ve never been a Miz fan

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Usos were never really heels. They were aligned as heels , but they were always face on Talking Smack and being buddies with DB. They are tweeners at best.

Heel of the year needs to be actually heeling. Can’t have too many tweener moments or a straight face turn.

The purest heels on this list is Corbin and Jinder but they both suck. KO and Joe are the next closest to being pure heels but still awesome. Neville too. I’ve never been a Miz fan
If anything they changed what a heel is.

Is Bryan a heel because KO and Sami are buddy-buddy and praise him? Nah. It doesn't change how much of a heel KO-Sami are right now.

The Usos were heels that were cool with Bryan, and even used it to their advantage at certain points (getting Bryan to reveal which members of The New Day would face them before a PPV title match).

Reactions: Virtanen18

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Gonna go with Owens. His in ring work left some to be desired but his character work has always been top notch.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Bow down to the king of the cruiserweights.

From his entrance of not going to the top rope to pose for the crowd to sometimes not even doing the Red Arrow to annoy the crowd and using his submission instead. Such great heel work and promos.

I miss Neville

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Heel/Face dynamic is really antiquated, but for these purposes, Usos were definitely heel.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Miz again. Uso's were close but I hated their face song at the last PPV so much that they lose.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Heart says KO, because I'm a fan.

Head says Neville because his transformation basically carried the cruiserweight division.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I'm not really buying Talking Smack as fully canon tbh. I know it is but I don't think it should contribute much to how we interpret characters.

They ran angles where they intentionally hurt people. They were heels.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
usos arent even heel anymore. how long did it last?
im realizing i have a Uso problem when voting in each category.

KO's year was as heel as it can be.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i wasnt voting for braun either for that reason. it was more my argument of why they shouldnt be on the list.
like they were so over already that the face turn was confusing. like when exactly did it hapen?
they lost and started eating pancakes the next week with the new day... or something lke that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i wasnt voting for braun either for that reason. it was more my argument of why they shouldnt be on the list.
like they were so over already that the face turn was confusing. like when exactly did it hapen?
they lost and started eating pancakes the next week with the new day... or something lke that.
I don't know. I haven't watched WWE TV in a while. I remember their respect promo with The New Day after Hell in a Cell and that seemed to set it in motion. Nothing has really changed with their attitude and gimmick, it's just the fans are cheering for them because they're too good to boo at the moment.

Strowman, though, did have a legitimate face turn iirc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->