OT: HFB - Media/Fans Community - Interview Questions for Tom Mayenknecht

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
OT: - HF Boards - Media/Fans Community Project (Interviews with J-Pat, Pronman, Rick Dhaliwal,Wyatt ++)

Original Thread Above for up to date information on this massive project.
Please use this thread to post QUESTIONS to our HF Boards guest.

Tom Mayenknecht
Host of The Sport Market on TSN Radio
principal at Emblematica Brand Builders
One of the absolute best for Sports business news

What we need from the fans in this thread:

If you want to ask a question, Please join in and ask in this thread that is dedicated towards him.
Keep the questions RESPECTFUL, keep them on point, I will try to get to each and every one of them during the interview. Tough questions are allowed as well, as long as they don't get carried away.

This is one of a series of threads that will be dedicated for each media member I will be interviewing, the list is massive and staggering, we are very lucky to have them doing this for our community on hf boards.

@xtra @clunk @BeardyCanuck03 @50 Sheas of Grey @y2kcanucks @rypper @BROCK HUGHES @Mr. Canucklehead @Zombotron @valkynax @Son of a Dawson

@Megaterio Llamas @TryamkinPleaseReturn @Tony Scarboni @BeardyCanuck03 @JanBulisPiggyBack @Mr. Canucklehead @DFAC @y2kcanucks @ccjon @Katani Kalan
@carrotshirt @Jyrki21 @Drunkan Keith @clunk

@Megaterio Llamas @6768clintoncomets575 @go comets @vcanuck @orcatown @Dab @VanJack @Bitz and Bites @jigsaw99 @F A N @UticaHockey @daddyohsix @lindgren @Bad Goalie @ProstheticConscience @canuckfan75 @DonnyNucker @Hit the post @Blue and Green @Norade @Krnuckfan
(I tagged all the utica main members!)

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
This is probably the most excited I have been doing an interview.

Tom is one of the absolute best when it comes to the BUSINESS of Sports, and I encourage everybody to ask him about the business side of the Canucks or other topics.

Q: Do you think the Canucks fanbase is more reactionary with the wallet, than other Canadian markets?.
Q: How do the ticket sales for the past season compare to other Canadian Markets.
Q: Is there any plans to release the special edition Chinese Canucks jerseys to public for a limited time?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
With the debacle that the public ticket sales were for the NHL Draft, do you know if the Canucks plan on having any other "draft parties" available?

How well did the Giants do out in Langley this season? Do you foresee more games back in the Pacific Coliseum next season?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Q: Where do you see the future of the Whitecaps? Would moving out of BC place and building a waterfront stadium, like Empire field, be realistic again, or do you see them renewing their lease?

Q: Francesco Aquilini has been interested in buying the Whitecaps in the past, do you see this as something that could happen and be good for business?

Q: With the strong emergence of e-sports in Vancouver, and the rise of the Vancouver Titans, including Aquilini's investment in it, do you see it ever becoming big enough to surpass the 'big 4' in North America? How much of a threat is it in the long term to the business of sports? Is there anything leagues can do to compete against it to appeal to a younger audience?

Last edited:

ccjon

Jul 12, 2011
The Canucks seem reluctant to spend money on bolstering their management group. Why do you think the Canucks have such a thin front office? Are the Canucks trying to cut costs because of ticket sales?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Outside of hockey, the Canadian sports media has never been more Toronto-centric than it is right now. It was not that long ago that Sportsnet was heavily regionalized, catering to local markets, and this seems to be over.

Is it a product of outside moves like the Expos’ and Grizzlies’ departure, or decline of the CFL, or is it simply because of budget cuts in the industry? Or a concerted effort by the station owners to promote their properties in Toronto and cut out competition?

Is this phenomenon irreversible?

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Some fantastic question so far, we have three days left for questions, the interview will be on monday

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
How financially stable and successful is Canucks Sports and Entertainment in comparison to its other Canadian contemporaries (e.g. - Toronto, etc?)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
What talks and or rumors are there in regards to vancouver getting an NBA team?

Has the success of the raptors as “Canada’s team” helped or hurt vancouvers chances at an nba team? Is the nba reluctant to eat away at The raptors market capitalization of Canada in order to bring another team in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad