OT: HFB - Media/Fans Community - Interview Questions for Cory Hergott (Mr Utica himself!)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...th-j-pat-pronman-rick-dhaliwal-wyatt.2644217/

See the original Thread above to get up to date information on this massive project.
Please use this thread to post QUESTIONS to our HF Boards guest.

Cory Hergott
Cory covers the Utica Comets for Canucks Army (Comets Cory!)
Some people refer to him as Mr Utica himself.

What we need from the fans in this thread:
Questions: Ask questions related to the Utica Comets, The Canucks minor system, and other news and notes.

If you want to ask a question, Please join in and ask in this thread that is dedicated towards him.
Keep the questions RESPECTFUL, keep them on point, I will try to get to each and every one of them during the interview. Tough questions are allowed as well, as long as they don't get carried away.

This is one of a series of threads that will be dedicated for each media member I will be interviewing, the list is massive and staggering, we are very lucky to have them doing this for our community on hf boards.

PS - I will try to keep it around two/three threads every few days, just to get as many questions for each media member, and lighten the load on the forum.

@Megaterio Llamas @6768clintoncomets575 @go comets @vcanuck @orcatown @Dab @VanJack @Bitz and Bites @jigsaw99 @F A N @UticaHockey @daddyohsix @lindgren @Bad Goalie @ProstheticConscience @canuckfan75 @DonnyNucker @Hit the post @Blue and Green @Norade @Krnuckfan
(I tagged all the utica main members!)

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Cory: Last year the Canucks development in the AHL took a hit in our market.
What is your opinions on the Coaching staff in Utica?, Do you think they deserved the criticism they received for the poor developmental year down in the farm?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
After watching all the young first year players struggle this past season, do you see Kole Lind, Lukas Jasek and Jonah Gadjovich taking the next step and pushing into full time top 6 roles?

The centre depth for the Comets is in flux and needs help. Are there any players you think the Comets could bring back or that can be brought in on AHL deals that could help fill the gap at centre?

What do you think the Canucks/Comets will do goaltending wise? DiPietro will be turning pro, Bachman still has one year left but is coming off a major injury and they have Jake Kielly as well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A few questions...

1.) Do you feel that the Canucks' management has provided Utica with the players and personnel needed to be successful?

2.) Do you feel that Canucks' management and Utica's personnel are on the same page in terms of roster composition and ice time distribution?

3.) How would you describe the relationship between Trent Cull and the veteran players? And how would you describe his relationship with the young prospects coming in?

4.) Where do you think things went wrong for the development of Petrus Palmu and Jonathan Dahlen?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Everyone’s favorite prospect OJ put up respectable points but with the lack of pure advanced stats to review for the AHL to verify I formatio how did OJ do at even strength; was he sheltered in his deployment with a lot of 3rd pairing offensive zone starts?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
hi cory, i'll throw out multiple questions here and ask you to pick one.

one of the things i lack perspective on as a canuck fan would be typical ahl farm team personnel strategies, especially for teams with nhl parent teams at different stages of competitiveness and development. it's hard for me to compare utica to other teams when i don't know the norms across the ahl or the league's history with different approaches.

so are there typical farm team personnel strategies used by developing nhl teams, as opposed to established nhl teams, as opposed to declining nhl teams?

similarly, are there maybe farm team personnel strategies that are followed all the time regardless of the parent's situation?

also, and related, are there spots in the development cycle of a typical nhl team where you would expect their ahl team to either thrive or struggle?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Cory: Do you feel that Utica is the best destination for the Canucks too have an AHL franchise?,
Or would something closer be more convenient.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Interview in the next few days!
last call for questions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad