OT: HFB - Media/Fans Community - Interview Questions for Brendan Batchelor

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
OT: - HF Boards - Media/Fans Community Project (Interviews with J-Pat, Pronman, Rick Dhaliwal,Wyatt ++)

See the original Thread above to get up to date information on this massive project.
Please use this thread to post QUESTIONS to our HF Boards guest.

Brendan Batchelor

Brendan is the Play by Play Voice of the Vancouver Canucks on SN650
Former Voice of the Vancouver Giants

What we need from the fans in this thread:
Questions: I will be asking him a series of Canucks/giants related questioons.

If you want to ask a question, Please join in and ask in this thread that is dedicated towards him.
Keep the questions RESPECTFUL, keep them on point, I will try to get to each and every one of them during the interview. Tough questions are allowed as well, as long as they don't get carried away.

This is one of a series of threads that will be dedicated for each media member I will be interviewing, the list is massive and staggering, we are very lucky to have them doing this for our community on hf boards.

PS - I will try to keep it around two threads every few days, just to get as many questions for each media member, and lighten the load on the forum.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Brendan: What are the Major differences you have noticed in Calling WHL Hockey, compared to NHL Hockey?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Brendan: How did the opportunity to be the voice of the Canucks come to be?, Who called originally?, and what kind of Reaction did you have when it presented to yourself.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We have BCIT students on our board - some of whom are sports journalism students following in the footsteps of the late Jason Botchford. As a BCIT graduate yourself, do you have any words of wisdom or encouragement for them? Any favourite study spots or cafeteria menu items? What do you miss about BCIT?

Last edited:
Reactions: Canucks LB

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Which PBP guys at the BCHL and WHL level deserve a promotion, or, at the very least, some more recognition for their work? I like Dan Marshall of the Nanaimo Clippers

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
You had ideas of pursuing a career in law. How difficult was the decision to drop that and follow your passion? More importantly, what did your parents think?

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
When did the full weight of your accomplishment hit you - the realization that you were now a play-by-play man for the Vancouver Canucks? What was your "welcome to the NHL" moment?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wow, Zombo with a boatload of great questions.

My question has a few follow-ups...

1.) As the play-by-play announcer for the team, do you often get to interact with the members of the team at home and on the road?
2.) If so - who is the funniest player you have encountered?
3.) What is the strangest interaction you have had with a player?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Great questions everybody!

LAST CALL FOR QUESTIONS, Interview will be done in the next few days (At worst early next week)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad