OT: HFB - Media/Fans Community - Full Interview with Wyatt Arndt (35 min | May 23 | 2019)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

This interview was just so much FUN
Wyatt Arndt is one of the most relaxed, chill, humerus people I have talked too.
We had countless discussions about the Canucks
We talked a lot about Botchford, and helping out future writers/broadcasters
We talked a ton about HF BOARDS including people on here like (SECRET!!!!!!) - Just stop what you are doing and listen! haha
We talked AEW and the WWE and local wrestling promotions
A ton of shit talk about EDDIE LACK (You will understand)

Absolutely incredible stuff from @Kid_Roll Who promised to post more often now!

@xtra @clunk @BeardyCanuck03 @50 Sheas of Grey @y2kcanucks @rypper @BROCK HUGHES @Mr. Canucklehead @Zombotron @valkynax @Son of a Dawson

@Megaterio Llamas @TryamkinPleaseReturn @Tony Scarboni @BeardyCanuck03 @JanBulisPiggyBack @Mr. Canucklehead @DFAC @y2kcanucks @ccjon @Katani Kalan
@carrotshirt @Jyrki21 @Drunkan Keith @

Last edited:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Great interview - love the Lack stories and his perspectives on how to get an in in his industry. Great listen.

Also loved the deep cuts on HF posters!
Yeah I was crazy how much he talked about hf boards and people.
Loved it

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yeah I was crazy how much he talked about hf boards and people.
Loved it

Heh, I'm surprised he didn't mention the few weeks he spent as a moderator. Think of the different career trajectory he could have had. :laugh:

Wetcoaster was certainly prominent in his day. I think back to the early days of HF Van and I remember some others like parabola (RIP), @Pangolin, @LaVal, @NFITO (nuckfan in to), and even in more "recent " years (talking circa 2010s instead of early 2000s) we had some terrific contributors in @Chairman Maouth, @Timmy, @The Stig, @thepuckmonster...we've had some terrific users - and moderators - here over the years. And then we have some long-in-tooth users who are still going like yourself, LB, @MS, @orcatown and @y2kcanucks.

Thinking back on all of these names...man, I feel old.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Heh, I'm surprised he didn't mention the few weeks he spent as a moderator. Think of the different career trajectory he could have had. :laugh:

Wetcoaster was certainly prominent in his day. I think back to the early days of HF Van and I remember some others like parabola (RIP), @Pangolin, @LaVal, @NFITO (nuckfan in to), and even in more "recent " years (talking circa 2010s instead of early 2000s) we had some terrific contributors in @Chairman Maouth, @Timmy, @The Stig, @thepuckmonster...we've had some terrific users - and moderators - here over the years. And then we have some long-in-tooth users who are still going like yourself, LB, @MS, @orcatown and @y2kcanucks.

Thinking back on all of these names...man, I feel old.
Yeah we’re just old pricks now.
But at the same time and kind of feels like you accomplished something on here, even if it’s something really small.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Kid roll was definitely one of us not just a journalist. IIRC he translated his posting style to some contest on the province and won and that's how he got his start?

I'm a big fan!

Reactions: Canucks LB

Kid_Roll

Oct 14, 2005
Vancouver
www.tsn.ca
Kid roll was definitely one of us not just a journalist. IIRC he translated his posting style to some contest on the province and won and that's how he got his start?

I'm a big fan!

Yup, like I said in the interview, posting and writing on HF was honestly how I got my start. I used to post here all the time back in the day. Having debates with people led me to having to come up with solid arguments. Plus I liked to try and lighten the mood at times so I tried using humor as well. Learned a lot from my time here!

And yes, the Replace the KB contest was how I got my foot in the door with the Province.

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
Yup, like I said in the interview, posting and writing on HF was honestly how I got my start. I used to post here all the time back in the day. Having debates with people led me to having to come up with solid arguments. Plus I liked to try and lighten the mood at times so I tried using humor as well. Learned a lot from my time here!

And yes, the Replace the KB contest was how I got my foot in the door with the Province.

And yet you were not enough of a jam up guy to answer my question about if Randy fought Anderson! Who are you to question El Dandy?

Reactions: Canucks LB

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What an entrance! That pop he got was massive. Loved loved loved it. Even better was Moxley's appearance on Jericho's podcast! Really dove into the frustrations of working under Vince McMahon.

Nice to see Referee Aubrey make the jump to AEW. I wonder who might be next from this area to make the jump? I know the Voros Twins had a tryout with ROH not too long ago which was cool to see.

Kid_Roll

Oct 14, 2005
Vancouver
www.tsn.ca
Nice to see Referee Aubrey make the jump to AEW. I wonder who might be next from this area to make the jump? I know the Voros Twins had a tryout with ROH not too long ago which was cool to see.

Artemis Spencer is finally getting recognized for his amazing ability so I hope to see more of him on the global stage. Nicole Matthews of course is continuing to do great stuff.

Voros Twins are two of the nicest dudes you could meet and two of the hardest working guys. They’ve come so far since I first saw them so it wouldn’t shock me if they go far. They’re also very in touch with the social media era.

Also keep any eye out for Judas Icarus. That kid is insanely talented and there is just something about him that draws you in.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Artemis Spencer is finally getting recognized for his amazing ability so I hope to see more of him on the global stage. Nicole Matthews of course is continuing to do great stuff.

Voros Twins are two of the nicest dudes you could meet and two of the hardest working guys. They’ve come so far since I first saw them so it wouldn’t shock me if they go far. They’re also very in touch with the social media era.

Also keep any eye out for Judas Icarus. That kid is insanely talented and there is just something about him that draws you in.

I haven't been to every show, but the ones I have seen those are pretty much the performers I've really enjoyed watching. I would add Travis Williams to that list too. He's really young though, but he looks like he has the makings of a very good heel.

Billy Suede and Tony Baroni...probably my favourite tag-team in ECCW right now though. :laugh:

Kid_Roll

Oct 14, 2005
Vancouver
www.tsn.ca
I haven't been to every show, but the ones I have seen those are pretty much the performers I've really enjoyed watching. I would add Travis Williams to that list too. He's really young though, but he looks like he has the makings of a very good heel.

Billy Suede and Tony Baroni...probably my favourite tag-team in ECCW right now though. :laugh:

I should have added Williams to the “keep an eye out” list. He is very good at knowing how to be a heel. Shows off a lot of personality in the ring. I made his entrance video too hahah.

Also the Wisemen rule!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad