OT: HFB - Media/Fans Community - Full Interview with Satiar Shah (45 min | June 11 | 2019)

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Interesting stuff about us being linked with Risto.... haven't heard that one before. Hope we stay far away, Satiar's take on him is spot on - not what the Canucks need right now.

Regarding free agency, I like the idea of targeting Nyquist (depending on term). Don't think we have a real shot at Karlsson or Panarin. Would look at Donskoi and B Tanev too

Once again, good stuff LB

Reactions: Canucks LB

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hey Luc,

Just listened to the interview. Great job man. I think you've definitely good a good radio voice. Both you and Satiar came across as professional and articulate. Nice to see you young guys making headway in the industry.

I have one question about Panarin:

I'll have to admit that I don't know much about cap strategy, cap laws, and legal cirumvention, but would there be any way possible that the Canucks could do to Panarin what the Leafs did with Nylander? For instance - Nylander had a 10 million dollar cap hit this year, and will now have a decent 6.9 million dollar cap hit from here on out. A few years back when Buffalo stole Erhoff, they front loaded the hell out of his contract, and then he had a very cap friendly cap hit afterwards.

IF the Canucks could do something like that with Panarin, then I'd definitely be on board with a Panarin signing:

1) Sign Panarin and have his first two years be something ridiculous..........like 14 million (or whatever the max cap is).
2) After 2 years, structure Panarin's contract in such a way that his AAV/cap hit is 9.5 million.

That way - Panarin gets the money that he wants, but his AAV would be somewhat friendly by the time Pettersson gets his extension.

Again - I have absolutely no idea if what I'm wanting is feasible, but if it is, that's what I would do.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hey Luc,

Just listened to the interview. Great job man. I think you've definitely good a good radio voice. Both you and Satiar came across as professional and articulate. Nice to see you young guys making headway in the industry.

I'll have to admit that I don't know much about cap strategy, cap laws, and legal cirumvention, but would there be any way possible that the Canucks could do to Panarin what the Leafs did with Nylander? For instance - Nylander had a 10 million dollar cap hit this year, and will now have a decent 6.9 million dollar cap hit from here on out. A few years back when Buffalo stole Erhoff, they front loaded the hell out of his contract, and then he had a very cap friendly cap hit afterwards.

IF the Canucks could do something like that with Panarin, then I'd definitely be on board with a Panarin signing:

1) Sign Panarin and have his first two years be something ridiculous..........like 14 million (or whatever the max cap is).
2) After 2 years, structure Panarin's contract in such a way that his AAV/cap hit is 9.5 million.

That way - Panarin gets the money that he wants, but his AAV would be somewhat friendly by the time Pettersson gets his extension.

Thank you first of all for the kind words
Again - I have absolutely no idea if what I'm wanting is feasible, but if it is, that's what I would do.
Very interesting question, I’m not 100% sure, try to copy and paste in this into the rumour section and maybe someone might be able to answer it better

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hey Luc,

No. Artemi Panarin is just going to sign with another team if you ask him to sit out until December before signing.

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
No. Artemi Panarin is just going to sign with another team if you ask him to sit out until December before signing.

"Hi Artemi! Forgo locking in a guaranteed contract in a sunny state and financial security for life to potentially injury/have a down year and crater future earnings.

Yes, we understand you are only the most prolific FA forward to hit the market in the last several seasons, but we'd like you to just bend over backwards to join a team with one of the worst administrations in NHL history because they have a couple good young players"

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad