OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Merry Christmas HFBolts Nation!

Stay safe and healthy!
Just my wife and daughter for Christmas, but other than having friends over for dinner, that's generally how I prefer it. I always hate either sleeping on a nephew's bed or my sister's couch or a hotel and not feeling cozy on Christmas morning.

My family sucks to boot so that's a good enough excuse.

Reactions: JoVel

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Merry Christmas! Stay safe and enjoy that shiny new cup they got us.

QHR1081_02.jpg

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm seeing ads on NHLN for an app called Robokiller.

Most of the features seem fine, but the standout one is a bot that will try to waste telemarketers & scammers time.

I've got an issue with this. I feel sort of weird about pranking telemarketers. They're selling a legit product, although distastefully.

The other is when the bot is dealing with scammers. This would be great, however, it's on your phone number. They probably most likely can't really 'do' anything, but they are criminals, so...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I couldn’t care less about the royal family but The Crown on Netflix has been surprisingly good so far (midway thru season 3 so far). Also Charles Dance makes an appearance!
After you finish season 4, The Crown showrunner Peter Morgan wrote the 2006 movie The Queen, which focuses on the beginning of the Tony Blair administration & Diana's death.

Quite honestly, I think the show is better than the movie, but it'll be two years until the next new episodes, so it sort of fits as an endcap for now.

Peter Morgan actually has a bit of a Tony Blair trilogy. I've only seen The Queen, but he wrote a 2003 tv-movie, The Deal, and the 2010 movie, The Special Relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I can't make it through an anime. Ghost in the Shell, Attack on Titan, Neon Genesis Evangelion, even Studio Ghibli is tedious, although I appreciate the art.

But cram all the Yakuza games down my gullet you can.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

I can't make it through an anime. Ghost in the Shell, Attack on Titan, Neon Genesis Evangelion, even Studio Ghibli is tedious, although I appreciate the art.

But cram all the Yakuza games down my gullet you can.

Death Note was decent as far as I remember. But that’s about it. Never got into that.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I would suggest anime but if you found all those tedious I'm not sure there's anything you would like, lol.

If you like how crazy the Yakuza games are, maybe Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I would suggest anime but if you found all those tedious I'm not sure there's anything you would like, lol.

If you like how crazy the Yakuza games are, maybe Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
Maybe.

I'm okay with live action Japanese movies too, so it's not that anime is 'too Japanese' for me.

What I think I like about the Yakuza games, besides the content itself, is that the main story is framed as serious, but the side stories generally go absurd, and somehow all of this exists in the same universe.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Python just dealt with real snek.

Found about a 4-foot long gartner-type snake in the laundry room, probably looking for warmth. Not to be found in my heart, friend. Hope you enjoy the frigid Florida new year outside.

Now I'm wired to see everything as a snake. Cords, belts, pickles, etc.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Flash is getting obsoleted at midnight. Adobe won't support it anymore, and browsers will follow (due to untended security issues)

It hasn't been the standard for a while, but it's sort of the end of an era. It'll be interesting to check homestarrunner.com tomorrow. Probably not much traffic anymore, as the videos are on YouTube, but that whole site was made in Flash. They'll be fine though as the recent infrequent videos they do release poke fun at their situation.

Old Flash games have been mostly preserved. There are archives like Flashpoint Infinity, and emulators are in the works. Newgrounds has had one for a while that allows you to play their Flash catalog.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad