OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
cover3.jpg

Me reading this as a Canadian who isn't eligible for a vaccine yet. Congratulations to all those on HFBolts who are getting them though!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you buy stuff through smile.amazon.com, a small portion of the money will go to a charity of your choosing.

I had set it to go to Orlando youth hockey, but they never gave Amazon their bank information, so it's going to the Lightning Foundation.

If they see a hefty donation to the tune of nearly $8 dollars from Amazon in their accounts soon, then they'll know who their mysterious benefactor is.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
cover3.jpg

Me reading this as a Canadian who isn't eligible for a vaccine yet. Congratulations to all those on HFBolts who are getting them though!

Good luck man. Just hang in there. I don't know what the deal with the timeline is but it'll eventually come to an end for all of us. My fear is in about 6 weeks the USA is just gonna putter out and say "lol we don't need no stinkin shot!"

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Got all rona'd up today. Not really feeling anything other than some very localized soreness to where I got the shot.

Seems that the big schedule drop for Walgreens is 4 am

Last edited:

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
So, ive been watching the mighty ducks series and ummm.. Ive come to the realisation that if Gorden Bombay was a player he would be like Tyler Johnson I reckon.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I forgot to mention this, but the day of my first vaccine shot, I got a text from my phone provider trying to sell me a 5G compatible phone.

btw, if you wanted the one-shot J&J, the Publix website tomorrow is a place to look.

edit: nvm. Florida suspended J&J shots.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Someone explain to me please the controversy over the European Super League like I'm five years old.

As I'm understanding it, the existing governing bodies of soccer are bad, so breaking away from them is also bad.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Someone explain to me please the controversy over the European Super League like I'm five years old.

As I'm understanding it, the existing governing bodies of soccer are bad, so breaking away from them is also bad.
I'm aware of what's going on and what not but I am not sure if I am that good at explaining so I think the top comment on this thread should help you out.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

If you're familiar with March Madness in college basketball, it's basically getting rid of that and just having a league with only Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. so one of those big teams are guaranteed to win and no more upsets are allowed.

The existing governing bodies of soccer are about as hated as the NCAA too so it's not like you're necessarily rooting for them either.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you're familiar with March Madness in college basketball, it's basically getting rid of that and just having a league with only Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. so one of those big teams are guaranteed to win and no more upsets are allowed.

The existing governing bodies of soccer are about as hated as the NCAA too so it's not like you're necessarily rooting for them either.
I understand the premise of what they're trying to do. I lack the real understanding of why fans and players are so attached to the 'pyramid', or why some think it will kill the sport.

It's a different logic. I saw the argument that 'no one gets kicked out, it's pointless', but in NA, I could see fans say the same thing if they brought in relegation. What's the point of supporting a team if they could be in a lower league next year?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I understand the premise of what they're trying to do. I lack the real understanding of why fans and players are so attached to the 'pyramid', or why some think it will kill the sport.

It's a different logic. I saw the argument that 'no one gets kicked out, it's pointless', but in NA, I could see fans say the same thing if they brought in relegation. What's the point of supporting a team if they could be in a lower league next year?
On the flip side, what's the point of supporting a team if they are never allowed to play in the highest competitions no matter how much they improve and win? There's been plenty of cinderella stories and small teams giant-killing their way to major trophies even if it's gotten harder and less frequent, see Leicester, Porto, etc.

I think the difference is there's a lot more soccer teams per capita in Europe than sports teams in general in North America. It's just a totally different landscape. Over there, they have enough teams to support different neighborhoods or even different social classes. It's a lot more tied into your identity than just a city. So for them, it doesn't necessarily matter what level they're currently at, but the principle of being able to make their way to the top. Even just making it to the Premier League for a year or two can be a big deal for small clubs in England. Whereas here, yes it would absolutely devastating to see the New York Rangers relegated to the AHL or something like that, because you'd lose a massive media market with not much to gain on the flip side if say the Syracuse Crunch took their spot.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
On the flip side, what's the point of supporting a team if they are never allowed to play in the highest competitions no matter how much they improve and win? There's been plenty of cinderella stories and small teams giant-killing their way to major trophies even if it's gotten harder and less frequent, see Leicester, Porto, etc.

I think the difference is there's a lot more soccer teams per capita in Europe than sports teams in general in North America. It's just a totally different landscape. Over there, they have enough teams to support different neighborhoods or even different social classes. It's a lot more tied into your identity than just a city. So for them, it doesn't necessarily matter what level they're currently at, but the principle of being able to make their way to the top. Even just making it to the Premier League for a year or two can be a big deal for small clubs in England. Whereas here, yes it would absolutely devastating to see the New York Rangers relegated to the AHL or something like that, because you'd lose a massive media market with not much to gain on the flip side if say the Syracuse Crunch took their spot.
Teams are at least pulling out of the Super League. It's not like in NA where they double down because a few dummies on twitter & facebook posted the 'take my money' meme.

Is the 'take my money' meme now pretty much just exclusively just used at this point by people with terrible taste?

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I love that HOI4 mods have dedicated wikis and lore videos on YouTube, including one on Keiserreich that's 4-hours long. They're mods. It's not based on any source material like a book or something, it's a fan project.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Didn't see the extra thread I will move my post lol nothing to see here. On a side note mortal kombat was good and falcon and winter soldier ended with a good note.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tried banana on pizza because apparently the Swedes like it?? Surprisingly enough it wasn't the worst pizza I've had. Would I recommend it? Probably not, but I wouldn't say no if someone offered me some...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Tried banana on pizza because apparently the Swedes like it?? Surprisingly enough it wasn't the worst pizza I've had. Would I recommend it? Probably not, but I wouldn't say no if someone offered me some...
Knew a guy who loved eating hot dogs (without bun) with sweet apple pulp. Oof.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The D-Backs 2nd date story is lame. Don't know why it's still trending.

We should be talking about when the Carolina Panthers tweeted the lyrics to the Fresh Prince theme in secret. I don't care if it was in 2017.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Very interesting video essay on what seems to be going on with Space Jam 2. (language warning tho)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad