Podcast (Audio) HFB - Exclusive Canucks Board Interview with TSN1040 Rob Fai - FULL INTERVIEW (52:20)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Here is the FULL INTERVIEW with Rob Fai for the HF Boards Canucks Community Project

Interview Sub-points -
Rob Answered every single question asked in the HF Boards
We talked about the Canucks in Depth, Management Problems, Roster Building.
We Covered if Rob Fai has been on HF Boards, Including if other tsn1040 Media members post on here.
Discussed a number of topic regarding the WWE, Vancouver Canadians, Expansion teams, Grizzlies.
We also got into Depth on Conversations about Canucks Twitter, and Social Media as a whole.
Nothing was off Base, We covered a whole range of debates and discussions, and even had some great stories to share.

The Interview is 52:20 Minutes Long.
I hope you all Enjoy it!

Rob Fai Interview Questions Link - OT: - HFB - Exclusive Canucks Board Interview (AMA) with TSN1040 Rob Fai - Post your Interview Questions

PS - Rob If you see this, Thank you once again for doing this for us here on HF Boards Canucks Board, I am sure we all highly appreciate it.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good job, I enjoyed listening to it.

I think I was critical of Fai years ago when he did some guest hosting at 1040, but it was more just the baseball & wrestling content that I couldn't get into. I've heard his show a few times at night within the last year and I've enjoyed it.

I did like what he was saying about his past experiences making him a bit different of a broadcaster than some of the other guys who just follow the same "go to broadcasting school then go work at a radio station" formula. I think things like that make someone more relatable to listeners as opposed to just being relatable to other broadcasters.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Good job, I enjoyed listening to it.

I think I was critical of Fai years ago when he did some guest hosting at 1040, but it was more just the baseball & wrestling content that I couldn't get into. I've heard his show a few times at night within the last year and I've enjoyed it.

I did like what he was saying about his past experiences making him a bit different of a broadcaster than some of the other guys who just follow the same "go to broadcasting school then go work at a radio station" formula. I think things like that make someone more relatable to listeners as opposed to just being relatable to other broadcasters.

I appreciate it buddy!
I thought he was just incredible, Honestly, respectful, and I loved his story on why he is so opinionated.
It was so refreshing to hear honestly, His show has gotten so good recently, and giving us this opportunity to interview him was really great.

Also, I would love to know for the people who listened to it, What were your overall thoughts on the quality? Audio, rhythm, etc.

Been working on broadcasting for over a year now, Would love some respectful pros and tips!

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I appreciate it buddy!
I thought he was just incredible, Honestly, respectful, and I loved his story on why he is so opinionated.
It was so refreshing to hear honestly, His show has gotten so good recently, and giving us this opportunity to interview him was really great.

Also, I would love to know for the people who listened to it, What were your overall thoughts on the quality? Audio, rhythm, etc.

Been working on broadcasting for over a year now, Would love some respectful pros and tips!

One thing that kind of bugs me listening to podcasts is when the host is being overly thankful/praising the guest for coming on throughout the show. I totally get it at the beginning and at the end but it can be a bit distracting when it is more than that. I think I only noticed it once or twice and maybe I'm just sensitive as some shows I listen to are really bad for it, but just a general thing. I think a good alternative is more of a soft reset where you just mention who you are speaking with and where you can find him or listen to him, similar to what you hear when a radio station has a guest. "I'm talking to Rob Fai, listen to him Monday to Friday on TSN 1040 at 10pm until midnight" or something like that. And you should get those plugs with his show in there at the beginning and end for sure too. Rob seems like a good and fairly humble guy who didn't take the opportunity to plug his own show at the end - that seemed like a good chance for you to plug it for him.

Anyways, just my thoughts. As mentioned, enjoyed the show.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
One thing that kind of bugs me listening to podcasts is when the host is being overly thankful/praising the guest for coming on throughout the show. I totally get it at the beginning and at the end but it can be a bit distracting when it is more than that. I think I only noticed it once or twice and maybe I'm just sensitive as some shows I listen to are really bad for it, but just a general thing. I think a good alternative is more of a soft reset where you just mention who you are speaking with and where you can find him or listen to him, similar to what you hear when a radio station has a guest. "I'm talking to Rob Fai, listen to him Monday to Friday on TSN 1040 at 10pm until midnight" or something like that. And you should get those plugs with his show in there at the beginning and end for sure too. Rob seems like a good and fairly humble guy who didn't take the opportunity to plug his own show at the end - that seemed like a good chance for you to plug it for him.

Anyways, just my thoughts. As mentioned, enjoyed the show.
Good advice, thank you!
I know I was being maybe a bit over nice I guess, but honestly that’s kind of just my personality, I really am thankful, So maybe it will come off as a little too praiseworthy.

Next time I’ll just mention it at the beginning in the end, I appreciate the feedback for real, still new to this.

How was my audio quality?

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good advice, thank you!
I know I was being maybe a bit over nice I guess, but honestly that’s kind of just my personality, I really am thankful, So maybe it will come off as a little too praiseworthy.

Next time I’ll just mention it at the beginning in the end, I appreciate the feedback for real, still new to this.

How was my audio quality?

Audio seemed good, no complaints.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Audio seemed good, no complaints.
Awesome stuff, I appreciate the Feedback.
I wanna get a full Studio Setup One day, It's making progress now tho!

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for doing the interview! Definitely was interesting to hear Rob's journey in the business. Also was cool to hear the advice he got from Jim Robson about having to appeal to a wide audience. Not an easy feat. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks for doing the interview! Definitely was interesting to hear Rob's journey in the business. Also was cool to hear the advice he got from Jim Robson about having to appeal to a wide audience. Not an easy feat. Anyway, keep up the good work.
Thanks throwback!
It helped a lot doing interviews last year with a ton of Media guys, Felt way more comfortable this time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad