HFB-Bash

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Any interest in trying to get this off the ground again this year..or just let it die?

I say giver one more try. On one of the last OHL podcasts the guys talked about the memories of the ones they had on the noof.

It is worth one more kick at the can.

Anything I can do to help let me know

I say giver one more try. On one of the last OHL podcasts the guys talked about the memories of the ones they had on the noof.

It is worth one more kick at the can.

Anything I can do to help let me know
I put a lot of time into it last year only to watch it fail. Hence the bitterness of my poll vote.:laugh:

Hamilton or Missy would be my 2 choices to host the event. Just throwing it out there.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Sure, try another one.
I understand the selection of Missy or Hamilton since tickets should be easily acquired.
But maybe a cpl of locations should be considered that have a strong fan base for posting might be prudent. London and Windsor boards seems
to be very active so a Windsor in London bash get-together probably would be very well attended. But getting tickets "could" be an issue...(maybe not?).
This game could attract fans from Kitchener, Guelph and Sarnia and maybe by the time of the game this clash could have standing implications for all those fan bases??

^ just my 2 cents and take it for what's its worth. I'll attend in Missy and Hamilton.

If it does forth regardless where and you need someone to do the organization give me a pm to help out.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
I put a lot of time into it last year only to watch it fail. Hence the bitterness of my poll vote.:laugh:

Hamilton or Missy would be my 2 choices to host the event. Just throwing it out there.

while I love seeing new rinks but I do understand the logic behind a Hamilton/Mississauga choice being the most central teams. If it does end up happening I'm a sth in Mississauga and am happy to arrange the tickets for the bash with the team.

I vote yes and will attend depending on where it is. The Steelheads host London Sunday November 22nd at 2 PM shouldn't have bad roads in November plus gives everyone a team to cheer for Knights fans have their Knights everyone else has the team playing the Knights ;)

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I'd attend depending where and when it is. Home game in Missy is obviously ideal as I'm a STH. I'd say even simplify it a little. Pick a game. If you can come great if not there's always next year. Like all great special events and socials you gotta start somewhere. If it's just the 8 users who responded yes and we all sit in a vacant section at Hershey great, next year bigger and better.

I'd attend depending where and when it is. Home game in Missy is obviously ideal as I'm a STH. I'd say even simplify it a little. Pick a game. If you can come great if not there's always next year. Like all great special events and socials you gotta start somewhere. If it's just the 8 users who responded yes and we all sit in a vacant section at Hershey great, next year bigger and better.

That's actually not a bad idea Torts. I like Missy cuz frankly I think it's the nicest rink in the league after the Bud..just my opinion. Hamilton was thrown out there because it's a big building and close to some nice pubs and restaurants in Hamilton..plus it's centrally located..as is Missy. I would likely attend regardless of the sour taste left in my mouth trying to organize last year's flop

If anyone wants to set this up and pick a game I'll see what the calendar looks like and attend if I can.

Last edited:

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
That's actually not a bad idea Torts. I like Missy cuz frankly I think it's the nicest rink in the league after the Bud..just my opinion. Hamilton was thrown out there because it's a big building and close to some nice pubs and restaurants in Hamilton..plus it's centrally located..as is Missy. I would likely attend regardless of the sour taste left in my mouth trying to organize last year's flop

If anyone wants to set this up and pick a game I'll see what the calendar looks like and attend if I can.

Hmm...interesting. Well I am a season ticket holder in Hamilton, so if you need tickets guys, let me know. We could certainly use the support. As far as bar to go to? Well the Honest Lawyer will have room, but the service is less then stellar. However it would probably be my recommendation if it's more about drink then food. They sell beer in yards there.

The Anchor Bar will have great service and solid food, but finding room might be hard. There's also Wendall Clark's opposite side of Jackson on the Lister Block which is kinda the same boat as the Anchor Bar. Great food, great service, smaller space.

Then there is the small pub called the George Hamilton nearby, that's the happy medium I suppose. Not a lot of beer selection though. From there, Hess Village and the Augusta St bar districts are about 10 minutes walks. If you guys had a place in mind or are looking for tickets let me know.

This weekend though is probably not going to be the best of games to go to. It's going to be pretty dead. The Ti-Cats are in the East Division Semi's and play on Sunday at 1pm. Next Saturday vs Ottawa or the Saturday after vs Mississauga are both possibilities I suppose. As another side note, there is a Smoke's Poutinerie in the arena and double pork poutine is where it is at. Don't fall into the triple pork trap, the sausage isn't the greatest.

Last edited:
I appreciate the time and effort by you to try to organize the event last year and this year! :yo:

Just not enough interest. Could be because I was trying to arrange it:sarcasm:

Oh well...it was worth another kick at the can. Need more than we have interested to make it worth while..although we could start with a dozen or so and see if it takes off next year. I'm on the fence still.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

I still like this idea. Who knows. Start with 8 people and let it grow.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
If I picked you and Torts how the hell do I pick 6 more? I'd have to change the rules and let people decide if they wanted to share a game with us:laugh:

well if your going to do that you may as well start a thread with a poll or something see if there's 6 people who'd want to join us for a game...but what to call it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad