Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LW - Sampo Ranta - 2018 #78 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
And the top center prospect in the organization is Shane Bowers at #4!

Player2018 Rank2017 RankChange
D - Cale Makar1 (100%)1+0
RW - Martin Kaut2 (49.1%)--
D - Conor Timmins3 (70.8%)7+4
C - Shane Bowers4 (76.1%)--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ranta gets the most votes for adding to the poll, make sure to make your voice heard when it comes to adding players as the field widens, there were a lot of different votes last time around.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm voting to add Wiess (again). No idea what people see in Ranta to be so eager to add him to the list, IMO he's got a very low probability of success at higher levels.

Reactions: Cullen Bohannon

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This should be Shvy but it wont be. Oh well a year for now this will be a funny one to look back on I suspect.
I'm trying not to get too excited about Igor before he plays a single game in the AHL. He's next on my list but I think we should temper our hopes until he actually does something on small ice.

Reactions: burgundyblue

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm excited about Igor coming over but there's also a wait and see mindset because I'm not sure what to expect. The new Eagles HC has been described as an old school, no nonsense, defensive coach so it'll be interesting to see how things go.

Reactions: Foppberg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Meloche.
Last poll I asked to add Kovalenko however I completely forgot about Weiss so this time I say:
Add Weiss.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm trying not to get too excited about Igor before he plays a single game in the AHL. He's next on my list but I think we should temper our hopes until he actually does something on small ice.

Yup. Shyv has some very good MHL numbers, but until that translates to success in higher leagues, and more importantly to NA ice he's still a large question mark. I don't believe his KHL stats are much of an indicator due to his usage, so the next season or two will be very telling.

Reactions: McMetal

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t care how under utilized he was. 20 year old Shvyrov and his 1 point in 42 career KHL games is going to have to prove something more to me before I start voting for him in this poll.

I like what I hear about his skill. I hope he f***ing lights the world on fire. But what are we all basing this hope on? Something NHL teams don’t have the capability of scouting yet the great HF Avs board can?

I mean a few posters here can praise him all you want but he was passed over 211 times by NHL teams in 2016 and then again another 124 times the year we took him. He also apparently hasn’t been good enough to make any Russian world junior teams.

So yeah that cute twitter loop of him dancing the zone a few years ago against a bunch of junior kids looks great, but there’s been no proof that he’s anything more than a great MHL player at this point. At least Meloche did a fantastic job in the #1D roll on an AHL team for the final quarter of a pro hockey season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don’t care how under utilized he was. 20 year old Shvyrov and his 1 point in 42 career KHL games is going to have to prove something more to me before I start voting for him in this poll.
The same thing can be said about Meloche and you voted for him no? His stat line looks pretty brutal, especially in the ECHL, but if you actually watch him he looked very solid.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Meloche, as he has the best chance of being a core player of the remaining prospects. Others have that potential, but lower likelihood, IMHO (primarily the bevy of Russians and USHL alumni).

Add Morrison.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kamenev. Great AHL stats and expecting to be on the team. Meloche was unfairly bounced between leagues due the ownership issue is close.

Still unsure of Shvyrov. I had high expectations with Mironov. Without any comparable achievements or international tournaments to reference, can’t rate him higher than the other players.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Kamenev. Great AHL stats and expecting to be on the team. Meloche was unfairly bounced between leagues due the ownership issue is close.

Still unsure of Shvyrov. I had high expectations with Mironov. Without any comparable achievements or international tournaments to reference, can’t rate him higher than the other players.

Two different players, just both Russian. Best case scenario that I saw with Mironov was a Gudas esque player whereas Shvyrov has all the talent in the world it's just a matter if he comes over to NA.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kamenev just went through more or less a lost season. Shvyrev playing a minor role in the KHL.

Neither did much to create hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->