Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Polls #2

Who is the Avs #2 Prospect?

• C - Shane Bowers - 2017 #28 (TR) - (6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Justin Barron - 2020 #25 - (New)

• D - Conor Timmins - 2017 #32 - (4)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Newhook, add this guy...

bhdv1CYDm6Ur_wpKvnTzwh8uWk9JKo-CwE5VjaMQJzT-V3qTyl7JnvZHxEqmtn6rm98i6wfZ3TEuQzMpSLFv8plb9Ucy-u-lfn8vyqap

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This should be even less close than the last one. Newhook by a good bit, after this it starts to get interesting.

Add Annunen for me as well.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya this is Newhook now.

I had Timmins above Newhook last year. And while Timmins had a pretty remarkable year considering the entirely missed development season before... He also fought off another couple injuries that limited his action this season, and Newhook just flat out dominated the NCAA.

That said I'm still confident that if Timmins can get past the health issues he's going to be a Top 4 Defender much sooner then expected and it's still a real possibility he ends up being the best of our prospect group right now. It really sucks that he got that concussion in his D+1 year... He was the best Defender by a mile on that 2018 Team Canada team that won gold.... Which is mighty impressive when you look at the Defenders that were on that team.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
He was the best Defender by a mile on that 2018 Team Canada team that won gold.... Which is mighty impressive when you look at the Defenders that were on that team.
Personally I felt Makar was the best Dman. Canada barely even gave Makar any ice time but he still took over games and scored a ton.

They had some weird agenda going on all tournament, at worst Makar was the 2nd best blueliner on the team but was treated like he was the #7D.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Personally I felt Makar was the best Dman. Canada barely even gave Makar any ice time but he still took over games and scored a ton.

They had some weird agenda going on all tournament, at worst Makar was the 2nd best blueliner on the team but was treated like he was the #7D.

He did, but Timmins was better.

Timmins was actually used a tonne in that tournament. And he didn't allow a single 5 on 5 goal against. Not a one.

+/- isnt a great stat. But when you go +15 in a 7 game tournament you are doing something flat out incredible.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Makar was sheltered and it was the right call he was small and had not played at that level competition or even close to it before.

He was able to show off his offense which was great and probably should have been used on pp but he still looked shaky af defensively

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Timmins health is his biggest concern... but it is a major, major concern. Here is a not fun stat, Timmins has never completed a full season of play in major junior, AHL, nor NHL. He didn't even play a full season in his last season of Minor Midget. A routine play knocked him out of the playoffs. He has bumps and bruises in the AHL all year. His history ending junior and first pro season is well known. He needs to actually stay healthy. I'm confident in him at least being a NHL player, I'd even say likely top 4 guy... but the injuries might do him in.

Reactions: Outbreaks

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Injuries aside Timmins’ skating is still an issue. He gets caught in transition too easily and doesn’t have the footwork or speed to recover. He’s worked on it but I think that will limit the upside. He’s got to find a way to stick before Barron becomes relevant.

But this poll is definitely Newhook. I say add Ranta for grins.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Newhook is our best prospect.
Byram is gonna be a bust(4th overall status).
Those who voted Byram>Newhook are out to lunch fan boys.

Reactions: Belgican

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Newhook. Another easy one.

It doesn't matter for these early ones because it's obvious but I suggest expanding the poll options pretty soon. Doesn't it allow 10 or so options?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Newhook. Another easy one.

It doesn't matter for these early ones because it's obvious but I suggest expanding the poll options pretty soon. Doesn't it allow 10 or so options?
I don't think there's a limit. Certainly not 10 in any case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad