HFAvs Prospect Ranking Polls #1

Who is the Avs #1 Prospect?

• RW - Martin Kaut - 2018 #16 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Nicolas Meloche - 2015 #40 (4)

• C - Vladislav Kamenev - 2014 #42 (New)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Makar for me too.
Add Bowers as he should be ahead of Greer and maybe even Meloche and Kamanev.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I feel like Bowers may be a touch overrated. Kamenev is a pretty similar prospect as far as ceiling goes who is much closer to being NHL ready. I will add him on the next poll though, it's the clear winner.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I feel like Bowers may be a touch overrated. Kamenev is a pretty similar prospect as far as ceiling goes who is much closer to being NHL ready. I will add him on the next poll though, it's the clear winner.

Kam looked to have that Russian float going, where they like to slow down and stop skating while they read the play. Hopefully that was just rust, but it's in the back of my mind.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I think it's because people have seen Kamenev and he was less than impressive but Bowers is still a mystery box for most people.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Kam looked to have that Russian float going, where they like to slow down and stop skating while they read the play. Hopefully that was just rust, but it's in the back of my mind.
I see your point, but he was also recovering from a pretty serious injury. He may not have the blue-collar work ethic of Bowers, but his ceiling is pretty similar, and he's played very well in a better league than Bowers has thus far in his career.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think Bowers is comparable to Kamenev at all. Bowers has a lot more skill, and more work ethic then what Kamenev brings. Both are pretty good 2-way guys but I expect Bowers to be better at the NHL level in this regard because of the motor he has.

I dont think he's overrated at all and actually think he's still underrated on our forums.

Let me put it this way, I'd be very, very close to selecting him at #3, and he will 100% be #4 for me behind Timmins and Kaut.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
You can probably end this one early. I'm not sensing a late rally by any of the other choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->