Who is the Avs #7 Prospect?

• LW - Sampo Ranta - 2018 #78 - (11)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Meloche will be next on my list tho I think his time to become an impact player for the Avs has passed. He might get a cup of coffee at some point but he’s not in any plans sadly.

I hope you are wrong here and they give Meloche a long look sometime during this season. freaking Duncan Siemens got more than 20 games during his stay, so giving up on Meloche before he even plays ONE game would be pretty depressing.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I went Kam but I'm kinda high and both Weiss and Saigeon but obviously not this high. I think I have Kovalenko, Helleson, and Ranta before those 2 but def top 10ish. Jmo

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
@tigervixxxen What makes you think they are done with Meloche? He always was a more long-term prospect and I think he's been good in the AHL? You watch more AHL games, how would you describe his previous season? Stagnant or just lacking opportunity?
The track record of those who don’t even get a game by second year pro is not good. Bednar listed pretty much every pro D but him as going to get a shot this fall. Meloche has performed fine, they just don’t favor him and now it’s gonna take a miracle to get him on track. Siemens got his games in his 5th year which was a nice parting gift.

I like Ranta, he has NHL level talent. I know the IQ isn’t high but not all NHL players are geniuses. If he just puts even a little bit of his game together he could contribute because he’s like the perfect athlete. The size, skating, shot, athleticism package is too good for the Avs to ignore.

Reactions: avsfan09

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What?

A third line center is definitely more important that a bottom pairing D.
I was talking about generic players. You can absolutely have elite third line players just like you can have elite bottom 3 defenders. Whatever the case is, I suggest that Meloche is better than a bottom-pairing defender. He's prospect which has solid #4 potential.

5-6 defenders > 3rd LW, 3rd RW, 4th C, 4th, LW, and 4th RW.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was talking about generic players. You can absolutely have elite third line players just like you can have elite bottom 3 defenders. Whatever the case is, I suggest that Meloche is better than a bottom-pairing defender. He's prospect which has solid #4 potential.

5-6 defenders > 3rd LW, 3rd RW, 4th C, 4th, LW, and 4th RW.

Ok that makes more sense. I think Kam has 3C potential with his FO ability and two-way play.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kamenev.

Freak injuries stalled his career. I think he'll surprise playing Wing or 4C on the lower lines. He had some very good AHL numbers, so there is skill and talent. Meloche is next the choice. I believe he had an excellent Training Camp and was among the final cuts, so he might have an opportunity with all the injuries on the 3rd Line.

Add: Saigeon. Scored 92 points @ 68 Games in the OHL. A higher pace than Byram and played solid Defense.

Reactions: Makar to MacK

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
How in the world did Timmins (who missed all year with a concussion) pass Kaut (who had a middling but decent AHL professional season) on our top prospect list???

Sumting no mak cents 2 me
People are expecting him to make the NHL any minute now, while Kaut showed he's not ready yet. Kaut's ceiling has always been questionable as well. Meanwhile, Timmins has always enjoyed plenty of media hype having played with the Soo, so his name comes up a lot. The Avs also clearly love Timmins and are going to give him every chance.

Reactions: missionAvs

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The track record of those who don’t even get a game by second year pro is not good. Bednar listed pretty much every pro D but him as going to get a shot this fall. Meloche has performed fine, they just don’t favor him and now it’s gonna take a miracle to get him on track. Siemens got his games in his 5th year which was a nice parting gift.

I like Ranta, he has NHL level talent. I know the IQ isn’t high but not all NHL players are geniuses. If he just puts even a little bit of his game together he could contribute because he’s like the perfect athlete. The size, skating, shot, athleticism package is too good for the Avs to ignore.
@cgf is going to be crushed

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I want to vote Helleson, but it seems getting excited about second rounders around here often leads to disappointment.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Seems like most of the khl guys just want to come over to a competitive team in a decent market and get playing time. Can’t really blame them. I think we can offer all these things and therefore am not overly worried

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad