Who is the Avs #6 Prospect?

• D - Drew Helleson - 2019 #47 - (9)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Justin Barron debuts at #5 in the polls after being drafted in the first round.

1) Bowen Byram
2) Alex Newhook
3) Martin Kaut
4) Conor Timmins
5) Justin Barron

Added Drew Helleson.

Reactions: Balthazar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Foudy over Annunen/Bowers for me. Mostly based off the uncertainty of where Annunen falls. I'm not convinced he's a NHL starter, but if he becomes one or a 1B, he'll likely be more valuable than Foudy. If he's a NHL backup or lower... then I think Foudy wins out. I think Foudy is a sure thing NHL player with his skating, and at the same age I like him better than Liam. Even now Liam isn't more than a 2nd line sort of prospect, but he's looking like a better and better bet for it. If JLF can take a similar step, he'll start to build hype and has top 6 potential. Compared to Bowers, I think Foudy has more raw talent, but both are great skaters with questions about offensive upside and where they slot positionally. If Bowers could establish himself at center, I'd probably flip flop.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m going Bowers here, he has a chance of contributing and I don’t think the talent level is far off from those behind him. He absolutely needs to get a look this year tho.

Foudy is probably my favorite pick of the class so I’m on board with him but he’s minimum 4 years away from them even considering him for a callup and that’s too far out to have any sort of confidence on their outlook on him.

Annunen is in the mix but Bowers gets the slight nod right now.

Add Ranta

Reactions: avsfan09

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Add Werner for me.

I'm still on board with Annunen. I still have little confidence in Bowers being more than a defensive 4C, and Foudy is too raw for me to project comfortably right now. Annunen may be a ways away but I think he's taken all the right steps so far and deserves to jump up from where he was last year in these polls, and his upside beats Foudy's for now.

It's still a goalie, and goalies are always in danger of hitting plateaus, but so far he looks the part.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Annunen should definitely make the biggest jump in the polls. He’s on a good track now but as I said in the other poll thread that the second half of his season last year wasn’t as strong so I think he rounds out this tier just behind Bowers for me.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Annunen, add Beaucage.

Annunen has the highest upside of the guys left that belong in this tier. Yes, he played on a really good Karpat team, but the numbers he put up in Finland's top division as a 19 year old were ridiculous. What I saw at the WJC made me even more confident in his ability.

I know Beaucage's skating sucks, but a his shot is elite. Kinda like Foudy's skating, anyone with an elite skill has high upside, and you take the chance that the rest of their game will round out and the bad habits/technique will get coached out. He's next to get added for me. 40 goals on a bad team last year, and he's off to a great start this year. I've just been more impressed with him than Ranta so far (both drafted with the 78th pick).

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Pretty close between Bowers, Foudy, and Annunen for me. Went with Annunen for ultimate upside as I think there’s still a shot he can be a starter where Foudy and Bowers almost assuredly end up in the bottom 6.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Bowers. He had a very strong college season 2 years ago and been decent afterwards. Annunen had an excellent season last year, but slowed in the later half. I would consider both players nearly equal. Still uncertain about Annunen and would consider Bowers the slightly better option.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It's tight but I'm going with the highest upside, and so Annunen as a potential starter get my vote ahead of Bowers (3C upside) and Foudy (middle 6 upside).

Add Ranta.

AvsInRhodey

Oct 26, 2020
One name I haven't seen pop up yet is Dennis Gilbert. He appears to be eligible based on HFAvs prospect criteria (still 23). Is he too far down the list to worry about yet or is he someone that could compete with Helleson for a top 10 spot?

Sakic or someone in our pro scouting ranks apparently wanted Gilbert, and they've had a pretty good track record lately. Does he have the potential to be a diamond in the rough/late bloomer akin to Graves? Does he see NHL games this year over guys like MacDonald or Burroughs?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I went with Annunen. He's a big boy who can actually move in the net with some agility. Besides, it's nice having a goalie prospect that has some legitimate upside.

Reactions: MaKarter

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
One name I haven't seen pop up yet is Dennis Gilbert. He appears to be eligible based on HFAvs prospect criteria (still 23). Is he too far down the list to worry about yet or is he someone that could compete with Helleson for a top 10 spot?

Sakic or someone in our pro scouting ranks apparently wanted Gilbert, and they've had a pretty good track record lately. Does he have the potential to be a diamond in the rough/late bloomer akin to Graves? Does he see NHL games this year over guys like MacDonald or Burroughs?
I thought he was older for some reason, but yes, since he is only 23, he's eligible for the prospect polls. You can vote to add him if you think he deserves to be up next.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

I don’t believe there is much potential. He’s slightly better prospect than Stienburg. AVs have a few excellent prospects, but not much depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad