HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll #6

Who is the Avs #6 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I hate ranking players out of their ELC but Bowers has a higher ceiling than Kamenev at this point. For me Bowers clearly rounds out this tier. His game has a lot of polish and he should be in the NHL soon. I’m not entirely sure the upside but he’s a lot closer than pretty much anyone left but Kamenev.

I believe in Meloche’s talent but I don’t believe the Avs do. Second year pro with no games is pretty much a death knell. Helleson isn’t even close to consideration here for me, he has a long long way to go to show what he’s going to develop into.

I forget when the adding two players happens? Opinions are going to spread out a lot after this vote. Add Ranta if it’s one, if there’s a second add Greer.

Meloche is in a prime position to force himself onto the roster with Barrie traded, Cole injured, and potentially EJ to start the season as well.

We only have three players guaranteed on opening night which is Makar, Girard, and Z. If he can't beat out Rosen, Connauton, Graves, Barberio, Alt, etc. he doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

Reactions: avsfan09 and CB Joe

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Meloche is in a prime position to force himself onto the roster with Barrie traded, Cole injured, and potentially EJ to start the season as well.

We only have three players guaranteed on opening night which is Makar, Girard, and Z. If he can't beat out Rosen, Connauton, Graves, Barberio, Alt, etc. he doesn't deserve to be on the roster.
I very much doubt that Connauton won't make the opening night roster, after all he is a NHL player that the Avs targeted in the Soda trade.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Did someone switch your "D" and "B" keys a couple weeks ago?

Nah, I just decided to start using the term "blueliner" instead of "defenseman" a couple of years ago and do so even with abbreviations now :laugh:

PS - so proud of myself for avoiding a cheesy Drum n Bass joke there lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Barklez

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Him being overlooked is definitely not about the assault.
He had an impressive season in the AHL regardless so again that's not correct if he's eligible for this poll. People were claiming that Bleackley with the Blues would've been a top 10 player in our poll. True it's different circumstances as our prospect pool wasn't as deep then, but if we were to use the same standard then Greer should be the next choice to add before Ranta or any others.

Ranta barely put up 15 points, Greer just had a season where his PPG was 0.90 against men in a superior league while only being three years older. You lot are crazy if you don't think he's top ten prospect.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think it is time to start adding more than one player. Ramta and greer should both be added for the next poll.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He had an impressive season in the AHL regardless so again that's not correct if he's eligible for this poll. People were claiming that Bleackley with the Blues would've been a top 10 player in our poll. True it's different circumstances as our prospect pool wasn't as deep then, but if we were to use the same standard then Greer should be the next choice to add before Ranta or any others.

Ranta barely put up 15 points, Greer just had a season where his PPG was 0.90 against men in a superior league while only being three years older. You lot are crazy if you don't think he's top ten prospect.
Oh yeah, as far as adding him now, I agree. It's not like we have better options left.

So add Greer. And Shiver.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm all for adding any sort of Shvy, Greer, Morrison, or Ranta... all have various degrees of positives and start falling in the next group of players. Morrison is getting pretty underrated though, he's improving... not as much as we'd like, but I can easily see him being a bottom 6 guy with good hands in tight to pop in some goals. With his skill there, he might be a future 2nd unit PP guy too. Certainly not high end, but he should start getting consideration.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm all for adding any sort of Shvy, Greer, Morrison, or Ranta... all have various degrees of positives and start falling in the next group of players. Morrison is getting pretty underrated though, he's improving... not as much as we'd like, but I can easily see him being a bottom 6 guy with good hands in tight to pop in some goals. With his skill there, he might be a future 2nd unit PP guy too. Certainly not high end, but he should start getting consideration.

I feel the debate over him will be ended soon enough. I'm guessing he departs as a free agent this offseason, which isn't a foregone conclusion, I know, but I just don't get the impression the Avs are all that high on the guy. Guess we'll see how he does his senior year at ND.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I feel the debate over him will be ended soon enough. I'm guessing he departs as a free agent this offseason, which isn't a foregone conclusion, I know, but I just don't get the impression the Avs are all that high on the guy. Guess we'll see how he does his senior year at ND.

They might not be, but they sure did draft some similar style prospects this summer (big, not fantastic skaters, good shot, bottom 6 sorts).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They might not be, but they sure did draft some similar style prospects this summer (big, not fantastic skaters, good shot, bottom 6 sorts).
They've absolutely targeted these guys in the high mid-rounds for the last three or so years. I don't like that philosophy personally, but Avs scouting team probably saw that they have enough high-end talent and want to get some depth pieces to compliment the top end guys.

I would be surprised if Morrison is a lad that would use that loophole to find another team, he doesn't seem like the type who would go all "Vesey" on us. Actually I would be surprised if there are teams out there who would honestly want him, not that because he's bad, but because he projects as bottom 6 player and those are dime-a-dozens. However, Dakota Joshua did his thing and got out of the Leafs organization since he wasn't going to sign with them. He's an awesome player though, much better than Morrison, but he's still not as talented as Vesey was either.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad