Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll #5

Who is the Avs #5 Prospect?

• RW - Nikolai Kovalenko - 2018 #171 - (10)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Jean-Luc Foudy - 2020 #75 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This one is real tough between Barron and Annunen, but I think I have to go with Annunen. Both are far from NHL ready, but Annunen's ceiling as a legit starter eclipses Barron's by a good bit. Kind of crazy to put him in the top 5 but given the options I think I'm going with the big fella.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Barron should have been off the list a while ago... I get it, he isn't the most sexy player out there, but 6'2" and can skate with a two way game. Ambrosio/Ranta need added.
Being close to the NHL is a weird component in these polls, cause you end up voting like "Yeah, I'm pretty sure Timmins won't make it but I guess he almost did, so..."

Reactions: henchman21

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I guess add Helleson. I think it's probably down to him, Werner, and maybe a new kid or two (cause they're so far out) for players who still have a chance to sniff the NHL.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Barron. Pre-season ranked in the Top 10, but due to health and rebuilding team slid in the draft polls. he should have been ranked higher.

Add Helleson to the list.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Did I read somewhere that in the official rankings, Newhook slipped in front of Byram in the rankings? That shocked me tbh.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Suggestion: post the updated rankings in the OP when you start a new thread. :thumbu:

So far...

1- Byram
2- Newhook
3- Kaut
4- Timmins
I used to do that, I'd put the updated tables in the first post, but it was a crapton of work, because I had to create a brand new table for every single thread and I couldn't copy/paste anything, so by the end it was a giant pain in the ass. That's why the master thread was created with the rankings in it.

But I could do a basic one like you did, that would be something I could copy over easily without all the extra work. Motion adopted.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Did I read somewhere that in the official rankings, Newhook slipped in front of Byram in the rankings? That shocked me tbh.
Negative, Byram won in a landslide for spot #1, and Newhook rode a similarly unanimous wave to #2. After that it got interesting, but I think everyone knew what the results of those were going to be.

Reactions: Sea Eagles

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Went Annunen because I tend to value goalies a bit higher than most in these :). Plus, his stock has risen rather dramatically since being drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->