Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2022 #7

Who is the Avs #7 Prospect?

• D - Daniil Zhuravlyov - 2018 #146 - (16)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Former 1st round pick Martin Kaut wins poll #6, dropping one spot from 2021.

1) Sean Behrens - D
2) Oskar Olausson - RW
3) Ben Meyers - C
4) Justus Annunen - G
5) Jean-Luc Foudy - C
6) Martin Kaut - RW

Added Shane Bowers and Chris Romaine. Remember to vote to add two more prospects to the polls for the next couple rounds.

Remaining prospects to be added:

Nate Clurman
Nikolai Kovalenko
Nick Leivermann
Taylor Makar
Trent Miner
Shamil Shmakov
Tyler Weiss
Ivan Zhigalov

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going with Ambrosio here, I understand why the poll will likely go to Ranta, but it's fair to say Ranta had a disappointing AHL season given the expectations surrounding him. I still like his physical toolset but I worry about his IQ and ability to play his game at higher levels.

Ambrosio has his own questions due to his size, but he had a solid season at BC despite the lack of top talent on that squad.

Add Zhigalov and Kovalenko, I guess. Do we still have Leivermann's rights or is he likely gone? I've always liked him.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Voting for Beaucage until he's ranked. Our AHL team was pretty stacked last season it seems, but now the two top goal scorers are gone. Kaut/Maltsev might get NHL time as well. So hopefully Beaucage can get a bigger role and score more points.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The only guys with a legit shot at the NHL are Ambrosio, Ranta and Stienburg. Of those 3, Ambrosio has the highest ceiling.

Buyalski is really the only other guy where something can still be built... and that is a size skating combo that we really didn't get a chance to see last season with injuries.

It really doesn't matter which guys we add... none of them really factor in. Could add all of them in the next 3 polls and it wouldn't make a difference.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
The only guys with a legit shot at the NHL are Ambrosio, Ranta and Stienburg. Of those 3, Ambrosio has the highest ceiling.

Buyalski is really the only other guy where something can still be built... and that is a size skating combo that we really didn't get a chance to see last season with injuries.

It really doesn't matter which guys we add... none of them really factor in. Could add all of them in the next 3 polls and it wouldn't make a difference.
Taylor has the Cale factor. Come contract year… ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I like Ambro but there’s a ceiling for a lot of these college dudes until they start playing pro. It’s easy to give them the benefit of the doubt before the clock starts ticking so I tend to favor any pro experience more. Behrens is in a higher tier of talent obv so that makes the difference for him. Still a lot to like about him, I’ll consider Ambro next/soon.

I’m going Sampo here with a shred of hope there’s still interest in him, it pretty much has to happen this year for him.

Beaucage quietly had a good AHL season. Won’t see it in the box score but he was trusted by Cronin and didn’t hit the ECHL, which is pretty close to a miracle. Like he had more of a solid job than Bowers and Ranta.

Add Miner and Makar

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Ranta for me. Still hoping his physical tools can amount to something. Really hoping to see him have a strong year in the AHL.

Add Cale’s brother.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So Kovalenko is not even really a prospect for us now? I thought there was some hope earlier.
He’s still a prospect, but an incredible long shot. Small and doesn’t skate well… not an ideal combo, especially when there isn’t an abundance of skill either. I’d probably have him in the 10-12 range, but that is more about the quality of the pool more than anything else.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He’s still a prospect, but an incredible long shot. Small and doesn’t skate well… not an ideal combo, especially when there isn’t an abundance of skill either. I’d probably have him in the 10-12 range, but that is more about the quality of the pool more than anything else.
I see. Well, if he can't even enter the voting process with this list of players...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He was traded to a third KHL team and signed another extension is more the issue. If he ever comes over he will be past prospect age anyway so I don’t consider him a prospect at this point really. If he does ever sign he will get a shot because of how hard he works and he’s a soul crushing forechecker and presence around the net

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He was traded to a third KHL team and signed another extension is more the issue. If he ever comes over he will be past prospect age anyway so I don’t consider him a prospect at this point really. If he does ever sign he will get a shot because of how hard he works and he’s a soul crushing forechecker and presence around the net
That's kinda what I figured, too.

Reactions: tigervixxxen

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Who is the best skating prospect remaining? I know Ranta has some wheels and 0 IQ, Bowers who has some speed and IQ but 0 offensive ability, but after them I have only seen 1-2 games of Ambrosio in his rookie season (was watching for Newhook).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who is the best skating prospect remaining? I know Ranta has some wheels and 0 IQ, Bowers who has some speed and IQ but 0 offensive ability, but after them I have only seen 1-2 games of Ambrosio in his rookie season (was watching for Newhook).
Between Ranta and Buyalski... Ranta's tools are legit NHL caliber. A guy with his frame and wheels is a relative rarity. Buyalski.. I want to see him recovered and playing in NCAA, but his skating is likely the overall best.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Buyalski is an awesome skater and blows past people in transition. Offensively he's a bit of a one trick pony though and defensively a bit iffy so there might not be a lot beyond his skating that elevates him to NHL calibre. Whatever the case it's a tonne of fun watching his highlight reels given how unique of a skater he is.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad