Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #1

Who is the Avs #1 Prospect?

• RW - Martin Kaut - 2018 #16 - (3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RW - Oskar Olausson - 2021 #28 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Probably the concern that he’s never going to sign. I love his game but can only go so high at this point. He’s also going to be in total make it or break it mode when/if he ever comes over. He’ll be 23 at least, he’s not going to the minors. That said I have him over Beaucage. My list is pretty similar except as I said I’m not putting Helleson over Ranta and Foudy.
Helleson is exactly what the Avs need. Your sizable RHD that is Jack of all trades. EJs got one or max.. two more years in the organization.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Your vote in this poll #1 is recorded for Barron
I voted? I don’t remember that. May just be fingers scrolling. I wouldn’t even know how to see that or care too.

Barron exceeded his draft slot in his D+1 season. He’s a real promising promising player. Really glad we have him in the system. I ranked him 3rd OA.

He’s no where close to Byram. Byram should be a top pair guy in two years.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I voted? I don’t remember that. May just be fingers scrolling. I wouldn’t even know how to see that or care too.

Barron exceeded his draft slot in his D+1 season. He’s a real promising promising player. Really glad we have him in the system. I ranked him 3rd OA.

He’s no where close to Byram. Byram should be a top pair guy in two years.
Are you not going to vote in the polls then? It’s a personal choice of course but if you have a list you should vote. You can see who has voted for each selection by clicking where it says (2 votes) or whatever.

Doesn’t matter when someone has 96% of the votes but when we get to like poll 14 and there’s 20 people left voting it makes a difference.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Ambrosio should be ahead of a few of those guys.
You might be right and I might agree with you. His size is the only thing that dropped him a bit compare to a few others. I know I voted Behrens fairly high and he is very small as well but I have more confidence in him reaching his potential.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ummm. I just scrolled up and he was/is/remains number 3 on my list. Below Byram and Newhook.

so I don’t get the genesis of your question.

You voted for Barron in the poll :thumbu:

upload_2021-8-4_21-20-26.png

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Are you not going to vote in the polls then? It’s a personal choice of course but if you have a list you should vote. You can see who has voted for each selection by clicking where it says (2 votes) or whatever.

Doesn’t matter when someone has 96% of the votes but when we get to like poll 14 and there’s 20 people left voting it makes a difference.
I don’t normally vote in these polls. But I am vaccinated. Also a personal choice.

I love Barron. But Byram is my boy. This isn’t a vote IMO. This is just a fact that Byram is our best prospect.

that’s not debatable.

Kaut being here hurts. The Avs hate that guy and go out of their way to play AHL nobodies over him. Bednar has a huge blind spot in this regard. He’s obsessed with “vets” in his bottom six. A washed up Sods can be completely dominated for a game and get tapped to play the following night. Kaut so much as dumps it in wrong and he’s sent back to the AHL in between the 1st and 2nd period.

Last edited:

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
5 years ago we had maybe 2 guys with NHL potential, now we have 7 or 8 sure NHLers.

But our prospects pool is thin.

I think we lack high energy 3rd/4th liners though, looks like we only draft for skill.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I don’t normally vote in these polls. But I am vaccinated. Also a personal choice.

I love Barron. But Byram is my boy. This isn’t a vote IMO. This is just a fact that Byram is our best prospect.

that’s not debatable.

Kaut being here hurts. The Avs hate that guy and go out of their way to play AHL nobodies over him. Bednar has a huge blind spot in this regard. He’s obsessed with “vets” in his bottom six.

I love Barron too

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You might be right and I might agree with you. His size is the only thing that dropped him a bit compare to a few others. I know I voted Behrens fairly high and he is very small as well but I have more confidence in him reaching his potential.
Don’t confuse small with short. Behrens is short. But he’s quite thick for a kid that age. We Generate a lot of power from your legs and lower body. I think he’ll be ok. I’d rather he be short and stocky than 3 inches taller but rail thin.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
5 years ago we had maybe 2 guys with NHL potential, now we have 7 or 8 sure NHLers.

I think we lack high energy 3rd/4th liners though, looks like we only draft for skill.
Can always sign dudes like Helm for that role. 4th line PKers.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

7-8 "sure" NHLers is a bit of a stretch. Beyond Byram and Newhook anything can happen. The absolute best case scenario is 7-8 but there's nothing sure about that.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
7-8 "sure" NHLers is a bit of a stretch. Beyond Byram and Newhook anything can happen. The absolute best case scenario is 7-8 but there's nothing sure about that.
More optimistic than others I guess.

Byram, Newhook, but to me Barron, Helleson, Ranta, Olausson and Behrens will make the NHL for sure, and there is a good chance some of Foudy, Beaucage, Annunen, Ambrosio will do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->