Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2021 #1

Who is the Avs #1 Prospect?

• RW - Martin Kaut - 2018 #16 - (3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RW - Oskar Olausson - 2021 #28 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This is going to be a formality, obviously. The real question is who to add next. I say add Foudy, his stock should have risen after he played well with the Eagles.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Nahh he’s still #5 imo, but Bowers might be falling outside the top 10
Yeah Kaut will be 4/5 depending on how people rate Olausson.

Then there's a group of guys 6-9 including Ranta, Helleson, Foudy, and Behrens. Bowers probably slots in at 10th, possibly lower if people are higher on Kovalenko or Annunen.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Yeah Kaut will be 4/5 depending on how people rate Olausson.

Then there's a group of guys 6-9 including Ranta, Helleson, Foudy, and Behrens. Bowers probably slots in at 10th, possibly lower if people are higher on Kovalenko or Annunen.

Pretty much what I think, currently I see it as:

Byram,

Newhook

Barron, Olausson,

Kaut, Helleson,

Foudy, Behrens, Ranta,

Bowers, Annunen, Kovalenko

With tiers broken down by spacing and any players a toss up in those categories.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
@henchman24 What can you tell us about Tyler Weiss' development this year? Has he managed to pack on some weight?

Just from his stat line it seems like he took a step forward as expected being a year older. How do you feel about his prospects of making the NHL at this point?

upload_2021-8-2_20-52-35.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@henchman24 What can you tell us about Tyler Weiss' development this year? Has he managed to pack on some weight?

Just from his stat line it seems like he took a step forward as expected being a year older. How do you feel about his prospects of making the NHL at this point?

View attachment 458768

I think he put on some, but he wasn't over 150 last year. I've heard he's going to come into this season over 160 and maybe 165. That should help a ton. Last year, he took a large step on being able to impact the game at a higher level. Part of it was being less afraid of the dirty areas, I think part is just him developing as a player. I think he's going to have a big breakout season this year... should be a threat for 35-40 points and put up some big numbers for a college kid. If he can keep on some weight and at least not be pushed around as much, he's got a chance. His pure talent level with his hands, vision, and IQ are NHL level. I wouldn't put the odds real high until I see him coming in around 165-170 and able to play in traffic at a higher level.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've complained in past lists about how we tend to vote experienced prospects over higher skilled ones regardless of round or age. However, I expect this list to be heavily veteran laden where it's between generations of all the really good ones graduating and the new ones still being raw. Weiss is still our most underrated prospect, I believe he has some Guentzel potential when it comes to offensive skill.

Add Helleson please.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I think he put on some, but he wasn't over 150 last year. I've heard he's going to come into this season over 160 and maybe 165. That should help a ton. Last year, he took a large step on being able to impact the game at a higher level. Part of it was being less afraid of the dirty areas, I think part is just him developing as a player. I think he's going to have a big breakout season this year... should be a threat for 35-40 points and put up some big numbers for a college kid. If he can keep on some weight and at least not be pushed around as much, he's got a chance. His pure talent level with his hands, vision, and IQ are NHL level. I wouldn't put the odds real high until I see him coming in around 165-170 and able to play in traffic at a higher level.
Thanks for your response and update on Weiss, much appreciated. I was just looking at our prospects in the 12-25 range and he jumps out at me a bit (along with Buyalski and Ambrosio) as players who could carve out a role. Would be a really nice boost if he could make the NHL roster and take a playmaking spot in the middle 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad