Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll #10

Who is the Avs #10 Prospect?

• C - Colby Ambrosio - 2020 #118 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nikolai Kovalenko jumps up one spot in the polls to land at #9. Who will round out the top 10 on our list?

Added Colby Ambrosio and Sasha Mutala. We're still adding two per round for the next few, so keep in mind you can vote for two and have it count!

1) Bowen Byram - D
2) Alex Newhook - C
3) Martin Kaut - RW
4) Conor Timmins - D
5) Justin Barron - D
6) Justus Annunen - G
7) Shane Bowers - C
8) Jean-Luc Foudy - C
9) Nikolai Kovalenko - RW

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I said my piece about Ranta a couple polls back but I feel he deserves to be top 10. He has incredible athletic gifts and talent, if anyone has a chance to get the org’s attention in the minors it’s him. He needs to keep working on defense and consistency but that describes everyone in this range as well.

Add Nick Henry and Nate Clurman

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Tough, tough call, but I'm going Werner. He showed some real flashes thus far, and while he's still raw and not ready yet, those flashes are encouraging enough that his potential as a backup goalie can't be discounted. Even becoming a borderline 2/3 would be a win for our goalie team, and I think that's very possible here.

Helleson has potential too, and it's practically a coin flip for me, but I have to pick somebody.

Add Stienburg and Rolston.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It’s all really close between Helleson, Werner and Ranta for me. I’m flipping to Ranta based purely on his physical skill set.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Getting to the five players around one selection type of bunching for me. Voted for Helleson, was he smartest pick there with Robertson still on the board? No, but to me he still has Dunn sort of potential and Avs really lack reliable and consistent defensive-first defencemen.

Add Rolston and Weiss.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Maybe I just don't see it with Werner... he's big and reads the play fairly well, but he's not real athletic and has poor rebound control with a bad glove. With his size, he can get away with some lacking athletically... but poor rebound control and slow glove almost always kill NHL goalies once the tape is out there. I want to see those improve before thinking he has any real NHL future. Maybe it was the condensed AHL schedule that killed him and he was just not there conditioning wise... or maybe that just isn't in his game.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Ideally it'd be Ranta, but I don't see it. Werner is really not inspiring confidence right now either.

Stienburg sucks a big fat one. Add Rolston.

Reactions: Patagonia

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Helleson. The best player in this prospect range, but still a bad pick with the other available draft players still on the Board.

Add Stienburg (absolutely hate this pick), maybe someone might vote for him.

Last edited:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Helleson isn't a long shot. I see an NHL defenseman there. It's just a question if he ever offers enough offense to play above #6. If he works on his puck skills, coupled with his defensive acumen, smarts, and good skating he can be a top 4 D. He is by far the most underappreciated prospect of ours and that's painfully obvious when people consider Ranta and Werner anywhere near him as a prospect.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
If no one makes it, it doesn't matter who was the closest to not not-making-it.

Well yes, I'm just saying I see an NHL player in Helleson even if all doesn't go to plan, same can't be said for Werner and Ranta.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Sampo
1280px-Sammon_logo.svg.png

Reactions: Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If no one makes it, it doesn't matter who was the closest to not not-making-it.

When it comes to bragging rights, yeah. I almost made out with Scarlett Johansson, and by almost made out, I saw her in a club, in a VIP section, with bodyguards. But dude, I almost made out with her... then who knows what would have happened?!?!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Helleson isn't a long shot. I see an NHL defenseman there. It's just a question if he ever offers enough offense to play above #6. If he works on his puck skills, coupled with his defensive acumen, smarts, and good skating he can be a top 4 D. He is by far the most underappreciated prospect of ours and that's painfully obvious when people consider Ranta and Werner anywhere near him as a prospect.
I really apologize to you for not selecting your guy. The last thing I want is to inflict pain on you.

With that said I'll keep my vote for Werner as I think he has more potential although maybe a lower floor.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My concern with Helleson is he plays a more passive game without standout tools. He is the type that could be a nice depth D but he has to get there and he needs management to notice him and take him seriously when he turns pro for that to happen. Maybe going to school for 5 years helps that but I can hardly think of him as any sort of sure thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00