• RW - Martin Kaut - 2018 #16 - (2)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Plenty of players also haven't come back from it, at least not to 100%, especially those that missed a year while they needed to be developing instead of those that were already in their primes (like Crosby & Bergeron).

My biggest concern isn't the concussion, it's the missed development time when he needed a lot of progress with his skating to avoid getting lit up during one of his wide-sweeping dekes, again.
Innocent until proving guilty for me I guess. :dunno:

I see your point about the development but again to me that just means he might take a bit longer to realize his potential. Same as past years, are we rating on who will be the better player/potential or who will be reaching the NHL first? For me it should be the former.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Innocent until proving guilty for me I guess. :dunno:

I see your point about the development but again to me that just means he might take a bit longer to realize his potential. Same as past years, are we rating on who will be the better player/potential or who will be reaching the NHL first? For me it should be the former.

But guys don't develop ad infinitum. There is a certain time period where most development occurs and Timmins just lost one of those years.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'll take Makar because he is more polished at the moment and showed he can play at the NHL level, albeit in a sheltered role. But Byram could be the better of the two when all is said and done.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Because the concussion did happen.
But he has been cleared to play so he should be treated as such IMO as far as ranking prospect. As I responded to cgf if we are ranking on who will be in the NHL first than I agree with you he has lost a spot or two on others but these rankings should be about potential and who should become the better player. To me that is still Timmins at #3.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
But guys don't develop ad infinitum. There is a certain time period where most development occurs and Timmins just lost one of those years.
Yes it is an important year to miss but again to me he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
But he has been cleared to play so he should be treated as such IMO as far as ranking prospect. As I responded to cgf if we are ranking on who will be in the NHL first than I agree with you he has lost a spot or two on others but these rankings should be about potential and who should become the better player. To me that is still Timmins at #3.
I actually think he might see some NHL time this season if things go the way the front office would want them to go. The question is how much the lost year affected his development, offensive upside and career trajectory in terms of health.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
...says the guy who has turned into a vegetable in the off-season.

giphy.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I get that Makar hasn't played a regular season game and thus is eligible for this poll. But damn, I really think he should not be on it IMHO.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For me I’m giving Timmins the benefit of the doubt, he looked normal in dev camp at least. I never thought he was NHL ready/in the blue chip tier anyway and thought he had some work ahead of him. So won’t really know where he stands with that until he plays in a real game so for me he fits in the close but not quite group either way.

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm making my list under the assumption he comes back 100% healthy and without missing a beat. And before his injury I almost had him above Makar so he is absolutely in the blue chip tier for me.

My Top 3 is going to be:

Makar
Byram
Timmins

I'm probably in the minority and I suspect Newhook gets the #3 spot from the majority even though hes actually #5 for me.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm making my list under the assumption he comes back 100% healthy and without missing a beat. And before his injury I almost had him above Makar so he is absolutely in the blue chip tier for me.

My Top 3 is going to be:

Makar
Byram
Timmins

I'm probably in the minority and I suspect Newhook gets the #3 spot from the majority even though hes actually #5 for me.

I have the same feeling you do regarding Timmins, but woo am I not willing to go all in with it lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't read everything you post. Maybe I missed your happy posts.

I have posted about liking Donskoi on a 3-4 year deal for under 4 before & after the acquisition, and really like adding Kadri to our forward core...he's also one of the guys I had wanted even before his acquisition...

But it's more people attributing greater dis-satisfaction to my posts than I actually feel or am expressing/trying to express. I'm a pretty upbeat person, but I have a cynical mind. So just because I'm critiquing something or skeptical, doesn't mean I'm not happy with it or hopeful

...not that I was even critiquing Joe when a certain poster threw his hissyfit in the other thread.

I'm totally cool with what Joe has done this summer and think we've certainly addressed some of our issues...with 2 of the 3 additions that I wanted, being solutions that I'm thrilled with having while I'm willing to give the third a shot...I just got annoyed by certain posters misrepresenting what those of us who wanted joe to be more proactive had actually said.

But that's my fault for arguing with ghosts, which is why I should stop clearing that list every offseason :laugh:

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have posted about liking Donskoi on a 3-4 year deal for under 4 before & after the acquisition, and really like adding Kadri to our forward core...he's also one of the guys I had wanted even before his acquisition...

But it's more people attributing greater dis-satisfaction to my posts than I actually feel or am expressing/trying to express. I'm a pretty upbeat person, but I have a cynical mind. So just because I'm critiquing something or skeptical, doesn't mean I'm not happy with it or hopeful

...not that I was even critiquing Joe when a certain poster threw his hissyfit in the other thread.

I'm totally cool with what Joe has done this summer and think we've certainly addressed some of our issues...with 2 of the 3 additions that I wanted being solutions I'm thrilled with having...I just got annoyed by certain posters misrepresenting what those of us who wanted joe to be more proactive had actually said.

But that's my fault for arguing with ghosts, which is why I should stop clearing that list every offseason :laugh:

I like how I was the one who went off most recently, but you are getting far more shit lol. Living in the shadow of greatness!

Reactions: cgf

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I don't read everything you post. Maybe I missed your happy posts.

cgf is extremely passionate about the Avs and tends to have a definitive, narrow view of what must be done to address the Avs' deficiencies.:ha: Kadri may not have been cgi's first choice but he saw the need to fill the hole at 2c while I was still arguing to give Kerfoot-Jost-Compher a chance.:rolleyes: It'll never be 100% perfect with cgf but 90% is good enough for now. cgf will change 90% to 68% or something like that. Which just proves klozge's point.:thumbu:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
cgf is extremely passionate about the Avs and tends to have a definitive, narrow view of what must be done to address the Avs' deficiencies.:ha: Kadri may not have been cgi's first choice but he saw the need to fill the hole at 2c while I was still arguing to give Kerfoot-Jost-Compher a chance.:rolleyes: It'll never be 100% perfect with cgf but 90% is good enough for now. cgf will change 90% to 68% or something like that. Which just proves klozge's point.:thumbu:

suv-highway.gif

Live look at Sakic coming away unscathed after the last two off-seasons.

Reactions: cgf and flyfysher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->