HF Wrestling Draft Round 3: Morozov vs ColePens

Which card do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He did in our OT thread, but it didn’t push him over the edge. He was going to win by a good margin even if those two or three votes didn’t roll in.

This situation here literally is the only reason we have the score we do right now.

It was tied when he did it, and several of the votes that came in were people who hadn't voted yet on any cards. There was also a random poster or two from the Toronto board who didn't vote on other cards. Good for those that did stick around, but it's fairly obvious what he was doing. Going to a place where the voters are going to vote for you and asking for votes, as each of them did, is a weak move. In both instances it happened when the vote was quite close. Again though not against the rules.

Reactions: Virtanen18

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
The issue is we just went through all of this in round 1. Campaigning in other threads to get your friends to vote kills the fun for me, personally.
If you're not taking it seriously then why try to gain votes to win? There is no rule against it but it's annoying when there are people voting only in specific match ups and not in any other round. It looks bad and feels cheap, but if people want to win that bad then go for it I guess. It isn't against the rules, just takes away the friendly and fun aspect is all.
There's no rule against me having my friends sign up for hfboards and vote for my card, but that would still be dirty.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The issue is we just went through all of this in round 1. Campaigning in other threads to get your friends to vote kills the fun for me, personally.
If you're not taking it seriously then why try to gain votes to win? There is no rule against it but it's annoying when there are people voting only in specific match ups and not in any other round. It looks bad and feels cheap, but if people want to win that bad then go for it I guess. It isn't against the rules, just takes away the friendly and fun aspect is all.
There's no rule against me having my friends sign up for hfboards and vote for my card, but that would still be dirty.
It's dirty to have your 2 best buds on HF vote? I give them shit for what shoes they wear or what movies they watch. I fully expect them to back me. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm sorry.. you don't want to participate every year but now you want to play GM? :laugh: Get the **** out of here.

It's for fun. Relax. I'm fine if Morozov takes on either of the 2 individuals. We don't win anything here. In fact, I will auto forfeit if ANYONE has a problem with that. This is all fun and we don't even brag about who wins at the end of the day. This is just an added bonus to the draft.

Quite honestly I love GKJ's card the most and think he should win. I love Morozov's curve ball. I love Eddy vs. Seth. I enjoy the Chris Cutter takes a lot of his summer to run this thing. I give zero ****s but Scan/KIRK are my boys over at the Pens board and we give eachother **** all the time for EVERYTHING. So yes - i expect them to vote for me every time. KIRK is in the middle of moving and Scan is too busy *****ing about Roman Reigns and Jack Johnson. :sarcasm:

Give Morozov the win and I will still give mad props to CC and everyone who partakes in this. This is supposed to be fun. IT is fun. :laugh: You all take this **** too seriously.

You're very defensive. I won't "get the f*** out of here" and quite frankly I expect better from you. I've been a part of this from the beginning with Cor as well, just as much as you have been a part of it with CC.

It is for fun, yet we were through the same thing just a week ago in the Cor/CHGoalie thread and you brought it here. That's the only reason I bring it up now. Cor was called out and dragged by everyone -- CHGoalie, Morozov, Jack, Hollywood, etc., the same ones speaking up about it right now. That's the only reason I bring it up.

And for someone who expects them to vote for you every time, I would have expected them to vote for you in the other two rounds previously, too.

There's no need to get so defensive, I'm just bringing it up because people brought it up against Cor and we literally went through this a week ago. If you want to keep being defensive and telling me to "get the f*** out of here" then go do it somewhere else or PM me instead.

It was tied when he did it, and several of the votes that came in were people who hadn't voted yet on any cards. There was also a random poster or two from the Toronto board who didn't vote on other cards. Good for those that did stick around, but it's fairly obvious what he was doing. Going to a place where the voters are going to vote for you and asking for votes, as each of them did, is a weak move. In both instances it happened when the vote was quite close. Again though not against the rules.

I don't know exactly it happened, but if you remove the votes from the OT thread for Cor and put Cor's vote back for himself, he still wins 14-11 or 13-11.

I think something will need to be addressed on this next year though.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
It's dirty to have your 2 best buds on HF vote? I give them **** for what shoes they wear or what movies they watch. I fully expect them to back me. :laugh:
Yes I think it's dirty to go to the Penguins board and ask your friends to vote for you in only one matchup, exclusively to give you the edge. If your friends want to vote for your card and frequent the wrestling board, they'll see the thread. If you have to rally them together in another board then that's a bit much for me.

If everyone just voted in every match I'd have less of a problem with it. I also hate the defense that it's just for fun or playing dumb when it's clearly something that takes it out of the "just for fun" realm, reeks of desperation for a win, and is something already established as frowned upon by a good chunk of participants. It reminds me of exploiting a glitch in a video game. Sure, you can, but you'll probably get bitched at.
Again, this isn't new, it isn't against the rules, but I hate it.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@ColePens i see you in your Pittsburgh Penguins lounge thread......

@CHGoalie27 you gonna call him out on that or is it only when @Cor gets a couple from this OT thread after you’ve already been blown out lol
First, its not my fight lol.
Second, if it weren't for my hardcore TLC(one match), I truthfully and personally prefer the full cast of both of these cards over both of ours (me and you/Cor) and unlike your voters, I know one match doesnt make an entire card...so while I may still use it to throw bows toward our fun(for those who understand) promo shit talking stuff, i never even suggested that you guys not be able lobby for votes within the rules or whatever...just that it's cheap when it benefits a weaker card! No weaker card here LOL

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Damn that's a f***ing weak move.

Have it if you're that desperate for it lol.

These guys aren't participating in what we do as a board, they're literally just friends jumping in voting for you and nothing else. We aren't trying to win a free camera in a cutest baby photo competition or something.

Especially when we had such a good contest going, to have it turn into this is pretty disappointing.

I didn't even realise where these votes were coming from and had plenty of compliments lined up to post for CPs work this year, but think we'll hold those back lol.

If we've truly hit the point where it's a popularity contest well most of us, myself in particular, will have no point coming back haha.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Damn that's a ****ing weak move.

Have it if you're that desperate for it lol.

These guys aren't participating in what we do as a board, they're literally just friends jumping in voting for you and nothing else. We aren't trying to win a free camera in a cutest baby photo competition or something.

Especially when we had such a good contest going, to have it turn into this is pretty disappointing.

I didn't even realise where these votes were coming from and had plenty of compliments lined up to post for CPs work this year, but think we'll hold those back lol.
lol i don't even know what happened, i was on my phone and accidentally hit the number of votes instead of my notifications and all these random usernames popped up that i never saw vote in here before.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
lol i don't even know what happened, i was on my phone and accidentally hit the number of votes instead of my notifications and all these random usernames popped up that i never saw vote in here before.

I guess when I jokingly posted "to the Blackhawks board" during the Cor CHGoalie27 drama CP decided it was actually a good idea lol.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I guess when I jokingly posted "to the Blackhawks board" during the Cor CHGoalie27 drama CP decided it was actually a good idea lol.
lol i had to go the pens lounge to believe it

"voted for you, with my vote you're now tied"

come on. there's been one legit vote since i noticed it this morning -- you should be winning 9-8 right now.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
:biglaugh:

Legit in the OT thread of the Pens board I call my good buddy out. You act like I posted billboards. And the voting was on for a day as i didn't even know it was up because I was not online all weekend until that time.

When you have been around for 10+ years, you make friends and KIRK/Scan are good friends. In that context - I don't see a single thing wrong.

You guys are grown adults acting like the biggest babies. :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) Just swung my vote over to Morozov. @Scandale du Jour - switch your vote as well. That swings 4 his way. Even though you post on the wrestling board in the raw/sd thread

2) It's fun, folks. Calm yourselves down. Enjoy the summer. Thank @Chris Cutter for putting free time into this (from running a board.. it isn't easy and is time consuming).

Last edited by a moderator:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
:biglaugh:

Legit in the OT thread of the Pens board I call my good buddy out. You act like I posted billboards. And the voting was on for a day as i didn't even know it was up because I was not online all weekend until that time.

When you have been around for 10+ years, you make friends and KIRK/Scan are good friends. In that context - I don't see a single thing wrong.

You guys are grown adults acting like the biggest babies. :laugh:
yes because all your lounge friends clearly voted for you in the other rounds

this is the same thing that happened to Cor and I. we can make the same argument, we're friends with Bon, PiF, Virt, etc., and joke around in the OT, it's the exact same situation.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
1) Just swung my vote over to Morozov. @Scandale du Jour - switch your vote as well. That swings 4 his way. Even though you post on the wrestling board in the raw/sd thread :laugh:

2) It's fun, folks. Calm yourselves down. Enjoy the summer. Thank @Chris Cutter for putting free time into this (from running a board.. it isn't easy and is time consuming).

11-11 it is then. Let the people decide ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
oh, and if we're going to get really technical

i have 33 posts in the Raw thread, 1 more than @Scandale du Jour
and 72 posts in the Smackdown thread, 63 more than him

sorry to drag you into this, @Scandale du Jour

It is a wrestling board, we NEED politics and drama :laugh:

What I get from your post is that I watch RAW way more often than Smackdown.

Next year, we should do a poster draft and make a card with the posters we drafted. Could be fun... or the start of a great war :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
yes because all your lounge friends clearly voted for you in the other rounds

this is the same thing that happened to Cor and I. we can make the same argument, we're friends with Bon, PiF, Virt, etc., and joke around in the OT, it's the exact same situation.

I still don't think posting the link of a thread on the Wrestling Board in a thread on the Wrestling Board is somehow cheating lmao

You could remove the three who voted for me, and I would have still beat @CHGoalie27 even despite me voting for him two.

He got wrecked, and couldn't handle it.

This is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@ColePens to @Morozov

tenor.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It is a wrestling board, we NEED politics and drama :laugh:

What I get from your post is that I watch RAW way more often than Smackdown.

Next year, we should do a poster draft and make a card with the posters we drafted. Could be fun... or the start of a great war :laugh:

If there was ever a time period for @M.C.G. 31 to bring back his HFW Wrestling thing, this would be it.

So many hot feuds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad