Sheppy:

ou re invited to an

ou're invited to an.jpg

vs

Morozov presents...

From the Mecca of Professional Wrestling, Madison Square Garden
World War 4

The Final Stand
The leaders of the two biggest factions in Wrestling collide. For the winner, golden global supremacy in the form of the World Heavyweight Championship, while the loser must disband their troops, never to align again.

"Prince" Fergal Devitt of the Bullet Club vs "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (c) of the nWo with Eric Bischoff

The Showstopper and the It Factor
The greatest in ring performer to ever grace the squared circle takes one more dance against the leader of the generation he mentored.

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs "Glorious" Bobby Roode

The Skirmish At Square Garden
The first lieutenants set the stage for the looming final collision in a dogfight for the World Tag Team Championship.

"The Outsiders" Scott Hall and Kevin Nash vs "The Young Bucks" Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson of the Bullet Club (c)

Extreme Makeover: New York Edition
Insanity and vanity clash with the winner claiming not only the Woman's Championship, but also treating the loser to a new makeover. Michelle goes goth, or Daphne turns blonde bombshell.

"The Scream Queen" Daphne vs Michelle McCool (c)

An Empire Rebuilt
A divided nation comes to a head as JBL looks to end the Rusev Day festivities of the Bulgarian United States Champion.

John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs Rusev (c) with Lana

No Man's Land
The King of the Goths enters the Monsters lair, a no-door, barbed wire woven steel cage. The only way to win is to escape.

"The Monster" Abyss with "Father" James Mitchell vs Jimmy "****ing" Havoc

Triple Threat Tag Team Turmoil
Brutality, technicality, athleticism, pedigree, size, strength explode in a triple tag spectacular.

"The World's Greatest Tag Team" Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas vs "The Guerrillas of Destiny" Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa of the Bullet Club with "King" Haku vs "The Hart Dynasty" Tyson Kidd and Davey Boy Smith Jr with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Pain In The Pacific
This violent, brutal feud finally reaches its apex in the squared circle theatre.

Chris Hero vs "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga

Ultimate X World Cup
With the X Division World Cup trophy suspended above the ring, ten athletes from ten nations will test themselves to be the one to pull the trophy free and bring glory to their country.

Psicosis - Mexico
Homicide - USA
Sonjay Dutt - India
Teddy Hart - Canada
Justin Gabriel - South Africa
Zema Ion - Philippines
Yoshi Tatsu - Japan
Ophidian - Egypt
Mark Andrews - Wales
Travis Banks - New Zealand

Front line Conflict
The Bullet Club and nWo unleash some of their biggest artillery in classic tag team action.

Buff "the Stuff" Bagwell and Masahiro Chono of the nWo vs "The Underboss" Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens of the Bullet Club.

The Colonies Fight Back
The emergent New Zealander takes on one of the great technical, and great British, wrestlers for the European Championship, fought under "Pure Wrestling Rules"

"Switchblade" Jay White" vs Nigel Mcguinness (c)

Cruiserweight Chaos
The War reaches all corners and all divisions with the Cruiserweight Championship on the line.

"The Tokyo Pimp" Yujiro Takahashi of the Bullet Club vs Syxx (c) of the nWo

Reactions: quoipourquoi

theedge9

May 21, 2018
This was my toughest vote yet. I see a lot I like in both cards. I really like the variety that Sheppy brought, and the design of his card.

But I really liked X World Cup, Shawn Michaels v. Bobby Roode and some og my favorites of all time are included. For that reason, I had to vote for this card .

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Sheppy, you couldn’t get a cage for your fighters? Your card was great before the acquisition of all of the bands.

Outsiders vs. Young Bucks and Extreme Makeover are pretty great. What’s crazy is that I feel the cards should swap venues!

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Going to have to go with Morozov. He swerved me good with Bullet Club vs nWo I didn't even notice he'd do. Not a bad idea. Not a huge fan of a lot of the undercard but it still seems like something special.

Unfortunately for Sheppy I'm not a big fan of MMA inspired wrestling and I think Triple H vs Bruno is something that would put me to sleep instantly.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm not surprised that my card isn't doing too hot. Missing the first round of picks hurt me a bit, then i went full panic mode, haha.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Shit. How long do we have to decide?

I mean throwing a Kiss-Motorhead-Megadeth show in the mix, for me personally...

Wrestling wise, I give Morozov the very slight Edge....but this is about best show possible, isn't it?

Shit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The live performances don’t do much for me personally.

Looking at the wrestling, I gave my vote to @Morozov

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Let's dive in...

Sheppy: Had a rough break missing out on the first pick. Hart/Elgin sounds like a great match that stacks up against nearly anything on any card here and I like the creative ideas. I must say though, there is a lot on the card that just doesn't appeal to me. The music would be a chore for me, and I don't really enjoy watching HHH or especially Sammartino. Brody and Kane could be good, but it would be up to Brody to carry him I think. Slaughter vs Sheik vs Hassan really depends on how it's handled, but it would be rough in ring. I like the poster.

Morozov: Really good concept, even though I don't particularly care for Bullet Club. Always great to see Michaels and Roode is a solid opponent. JBL vs Rusev is also a good use of those guys. There are a lot of random guys I like seeing (Buff Bagwell, Chono, Hero< Psicosis) and some that I don't (Umaga, Young Bucks, White) but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Just a very strong show.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Morozov doesn't need my vote. Lemmy does.

I get the feeling I'll likely have the chance to vote for Morozov next round.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Morozov got the jump on a similar idea I was going for with his Ultimate X.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is brutally tough. Sheppy I think your card is watchable all the way through. Great thinking/creativity. But @Morozov took creativity to another level. Balor/Hogan? Who saw that coming? HBK/Roode? These are insane gambles but so creative and that's why I love it.

Just a simple reason why Morozov is the best at this. Well done, sir. Both deserve to go to the 2nd round, though, IMO.

Reactions: Morozov

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cant go wrong with kiss and motorhead...

(voting for morozov. i was curious about his card. i totally saw what he was doing, but he did surprise me with some of the matches.)

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Morozov got the jump on a similar idea I was going for with his Ultimate X.

We've had lots of multi-man X Division spot fest type matches before so I wanted something to make it stand out from the usual. Thought it was fitting with the World Cup just finishing and the World War thing. I think a couple of those guys are going to be more popular in a year or two with the UK scene growing as well.

It was fun trying to find guys "from" different countries, would have liked to keep going because I had more options but it would have started getting too ridiculous.

I've always liked when countries are represented more in wrestling because I like when it feels more global and it gives an extra level of engagement for fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Cutter

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Sheppy : Love the poster, love that it's "Sheppymania" and love the venue. Is there something significant with that stadium and wrestling? I'm guessing not which makes it different and interesting. On to your card, a bit of a mix for me. Not a fan of the bands because a) it's not my type of music (though it suits wrestling I suppose) and b) I've never enjoyed bands at wrestling shows. That said I wouldn't downgrade you for it, just felt it was unnecessary. Like I said though, a real mix. What stands out that I don't love is the tournament. Some talents there I don't mind like Severn and Shamrock, but the tournament of all of them doesn't do a lot for me. Not a women's guy at all, but your women's match is probably the most interesting. I think Jarrett and Honky Tonk man was already done, but I don't care (so long as Jarrett loses) and I think it could move well up your card. Not sure about the men's Triple Threat match and I wouldn't love the main event (though the build might be interesting thanks to HHH), but Kane vs Brody has some potential and I like some of the money in the bank guys. Oh, like the Elgin vs Owen match and I'd have moved it up the card? Tough to say. Anyway a mix but overall still some excellent moments.

@Morozov : I actually had the NWO vs Bullet Club idea before the draft started. I wasn't going to do it but I had a pretty deep card worth of easily draftable match ideas. I just didn't see you doing it. I saw the NWO angle though. Anyway, I really like the idea and I like that you went deep in your card with it. In fact I think you could have gone into a fantasy element with it by adding HBK and Roode to the mix or you could have done some sort of swerve angle, but difficult to spell that latter idea out on a card. I would have moved a few of the lower card feud matches up a bit to make the warring factions an even bigger deal. Your card is a perhaps a bit long. That wouldn't bother me if I loved all the matches/guys, but not an Umaga fan at all and a couple of other matches even if cleverly done could have just been left off. I too was considering more matches with some of the talent still out there, but thought it just muddied my card. I'd also just have had another tag team match between the Samoans and Harts if you will. Love the Haku and Neidhart additions to the two teams and their presence alone helps it out, not that Haas and Benjamin are a bad addition from an in-ring standpoint.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

There is nothing to question. After Morozov posted that, I laughed and looked at the votes last night and yes, Cor's vote was now given to Sheppy. Now it is changed back. There is no rule against changing votes (I changed mine in one of the threads roughly ten minutes after first voting) but let's not pretend that Morozov is lying. If you are trying to claim that you didn't change your vote then perhaps you should contact an administrator to figure out what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad