HF Wrestling Draft Final Round: PeterSidorkiewicz vs Morozov

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Chris Cutter, Aug 2, 2018.

?

Which card do you prefer?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2018.
  1. PeterSidorkiewicz

57.1%
  2. Morozov

42.9%
View Users: View Users
  1. Chris Cutter

Chris Cutter Devil's Advocate

PeterSidorkiewicz

Live from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA
    Greetings and salutations from Philadelphia, PA! Gorilla Monsoon and “The Quintessential Studmuffin” Joel Gertner will be calling all the action. The match structure goes from top to bottom.
    View attachment 131641
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 28 59

Cruiserweight Championship Match – Fatal Four Way
    ACH vs. 2Cold Scorpio vs. Amazing Red vs. Jerry Lynn (champion)

View attachment 131643
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 29 40

Cruiserweight champion Jerry Lynn puts his title on the line against three other high fliers in this opening contest. Lynn is probably the most accomplished of all the wrestlers, being a two time TNA X Division Champion, and a former WWF light heavyweight champion as well ECW world heavyweight champion. Lynn is also no stranger to 2cold Scorpio from their days in ECW, and Scorpio’s 450 splash was voted the best wrestler maneuver in 1992 by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Perhaps the least overall known wrestler in this match, ACH, is best known for his work in ROH will have his work cut out for him going up against three savory veterans. ACH is no slouch though, as he was voted as the #58 best wrestlers in 2015 by PWI. This brings us to our last combatant, Amazing Red. A former three time TNA X Division champion, and former NWA Tag Team Champion with co-competitor Jerry Lynn, these two know each other well. There is no doubt that we are going to see death defying moves from all of these competitors, and who will come out on top? Your guess is as good as mine!

Mark Henry vs. Shinya Hashimoto

View attachment 131645
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 30 11

In what could be an absolute knockout, drag out fight we see two tough gents match up with each other for the first time ever. Shinya Hashimoto will be traveling stateside all the way from Japan to enter Mark Henry’s Hall of Pain, but is Mark Henry ready for this former three-time IWGP heavyweight champion, AJPW Triple Crown Champion, and NWA Hall of Famer? This might be one of Mark Henry’s toughest matches ever in his career. Hashimoto claims that Mark Henry will feel his infamous vertical drop brain buster, but there is no way he can pull that move off on the World’s Strongest Man, right? Although I would not put it past the man, they call the “King of Destruction.”

Tag Team Championship Match
    The Valiant Brothers (champions) w/ Manager Classy Freddie Glassie vs. The Nasty Boys w/ Special Guest Manager Reggie White

View attachment 131647
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 30 45

The build has been epic, and The Nasty Boys finally get their shot against the match dodging Valiant Brothers. The Nasty Boys come into this match as fan favorites with Jerry Sags playing up his Philly roots and billing themselves from Philadelphia, PA. The trash talking has gone back and forth with Johnny Valiant being born in Pittsburgh (booooo). The Valiant Brothers may have taken it too far slamming on the city and its degenerate, ugly, smelly, low-life Eagles fans. That is when Reggie White decided to step in, defending the fans and city’s honor and decreeing that he will be the special guest manager and will be ringside for The Nasty Boys during the match. We can only assume some shenanigans may ensue as Freddie Blassie wants to ensure his Valiant Brothers keep the gold around their waists. Reggie White has different ideas, and will be cheering on The Nasty Boys in the hopes the Valiant Brothers title reign is “sacked.”

Barry Windham vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
    View attachment 130867
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 31 18

A classic story of “the underdog” Barry Windham vs. the man who has won and done it all, Jerry Lawler. While Windham is no slouch when it comes to winning championships, his list pales in comparison to that of Lawler, who has captured 168 championships during his career. The match is being billed as a battle of The Best of Texas vs. The King of Tennessee. A lot of fans think Windham may not stand a chance against such a famed wrestler as Lawler, but if you listen to the IWC, Windham is one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time with multiple 5 star matches from WON to go along with a Rookie of the Year award and Match of the year award vs. Rich Flair in 1986. We would be surprised if the fans do not get behind Windham for this match.

Intercontinental Championship Title vs. Career Match
    Cody Rhodes (Champion) vs. Harley Race (career)

View attachment 131649
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 31 54

Most wrestling fans are well aware of the Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race rivalry, perhaps one of the best of all time. The feud has now carried over to the son of Dusty, Cody. Cody Rhodes is currently riding high with his career resurgence and a reign as IC champion, but Harley Race wants to end that reign and take Cody down, reminiscent of how Dusty took him down for his own championship belt. He wants to beat Cody, rub it in, and let him know how the taste of losing feels at the hands of one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Cody agreed to the match, but with one stipulation, Harley Race puts his career on the line for a chance at his title. Cody has told Harley he is going to do what his father should have done years ago, end his career. Will we see a new IC champion and a humiliated loser, or will this be the last time we ever see Harley Race step foot inside a wrestling ring again?

We now present to you…The battle for promotion supremacy with…WAR GAMES!!!

View attachment 131651
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 32 3

Team Ring of Honor: The “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels, The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark Briscoe) vs.
    Team WCW: Diamond Dallas Page, Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray) vs.
    Team ECW: Rob Van Dam, The Dudley Boyz (D-Von and Bubba Ray Dudley)

Let the trash talking subside and the epic battle for promotion supremacy begin! I hope you know the rules: 3 teams, 2 rings, 1 cage. Each member comes out randomly at different intervals and once every wrestler has entered, “the match beyond” begins. Pinfalls are allowed in this version. Each team has talked up their promotion, how they are the best, and the most loved. Now it is time for each team to battle it out for bragging rights and promotion supremacy. The participants need no introductions, some of the best tag teams in wrestling history along with some of the most impressive singles competitors team up and face each other in a match that I am sure fans will be talking about for ages. There is absolutely no doubt who the crowd will be cheering for seeing how this match is taking place at the famed ECW Arena. The question is will Team ECW be able to deliver to its fans?

Women’s Championship Match
    Jaguar Toyota (champion) vs. Ember Moon

View attachment 131653

Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 32 47

Jaguar Toyota won her first champion at the age of 18, and for those who have not seen her wrestle; I would say you are missing out on this WON Hall of Famer. Injuries held her back after her title reigns, but Jaguar has clawed back to capture another title and Ember Moon is not taking this opportunity lightly to take the championship off such a decorated wrestler. Fans are definitely expecting some great athleticism and state of the art wrestling when these two women clash.

Main Event – World Heavyweight Championship
    Eddie Guerrero (champion) vs. Seth Rollins

View attachment 131655
    Link: upload 2018 7 13 9 33 15

No stipulations, no explanations, no gimmicks. This is a classic one-on-one matchup between two wrestlers who see themselves as the best in the business fighting for the greatest title in wrestling. There is a mutual respect, but zero trust between these two competitors. The fans want to see an epic match, and I can see it meeting their expectations and then some.

I hope you enjoyed the card, have a great night!

vs

Morozov presents...

From the Mecca of Professional Wrestling, Madison Square Garden

World War 4

The Final Stand
    The leaders of the two biggest factions in Wrestling collide. For the winner, golden global supremacy in the form of the World Heavyweight Championship, while the loser must disband their troops, never to align again.

"Prince" Fergal Devitt of the Bullet Club vs "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (c) of the nWo with Eric Bischoff

The Showstopper and the It Factor
    The greatest in ring performer to ever grace the squared circle takes one more dance against the leader of the generation he mentored.

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs "Glorious" Bobby Roode

The Skirmish At Square Garden
    The first lieutenants set the stage for the looming final collision in a dogfight for the World Tag Team Championship.

"The Outsiders" Scott Hall and Kevin Nash vs "The Young Bucks" Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson of the Bullet Club (c)

Extreme Makeover: New York Edition
    Insanity and vanity clash with the winner claiming not only the Woman's Championship, but also treating the loser to a new makeover. Michelle goes goth, or Daphne turns blonde bombshell.

"The Scream Queen" Daphne vs Michelle McCool (c)

An Empire Rebuilt
    A divided nation comes to a head as JBL looks to end the Rusev Day festivities of the Bulgarian United States Champion.

John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs Rusev (c) with Lana

No Man's Land
    The King of the Goths enters the Monsters lair, a no-door, barbed wire woven steel cage. The only way to win is to escape.

"The Monster" Abyss with "Father" James Mitchell vs Jimmy "****ing" Havoc

Triple Threat Tag Team Turmoil
    Brutality, technicality, athleticism, pedigree, size, strength explode in a triple tag spectacular.

"The World's Greatest Tag Team" Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas vs "The Guerrillas of Destiny" Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa of the Bullet Club with "King" Haku vs "The Hart Dynasty" Tyson Kidd and Davey Boy Smith Jr with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Pain In The Pacific
    This violent, brutal feud finally reaches its apex in the squared circle theatre.

Chris Hero vs "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga

Ultimate X World Cup
    With the X Division World Cup trophy suspended above the ring, ten athletes from ten nations will test themselves to be the one to pull the trophy free and bring glory to their country.

Psicosis - Mexico
    Homicide - USA
    Sonjay Dutt - India
    Teddy Hart - Canada
    Justin Gabriel - South Africa
    Zema Ion - Philippines
    Yoshi Tatsu - Japan
    Ophidian - Egypt
    Mark Andrews - Wales
    Travis Banks - New Zealand

Front line Conflict
    The Bullet Club and nWo unleash some of their biggest artillery in classic tag team action.

Buff "the Stuff" Bagwell and Masahiro Chono of the nWo vs "The Underboss" Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens of the Bullet Club.

The Colonies Fight Back
    The emergent New Zealander takes on one of the great technical, and great British, wrestlers for the European Championship, fought under "Pure Wrestling Rules"

"Switchblade" Jay White" vs Nigel Mcguinness (c)

Cruiserweight Chaos
    The War reaches all corners and all divisions with the Cruiserweight Championship on the line.

"The Tokyo Pimp" Yujiro Takahashi of the Bullet Club vs Syxx (c) of the nWo

2. Morozov

Morozov The Devil Killer

CHGoalie27 likes this.
  3. PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion

4. Disclose

Disclose Registered User

oh hell no. start the thrash talk!!

5. Fro

Fro Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

hard to not choose War Games...

6. Morozov

Morozov The Devil Killer

Not this time

[​IMG]

CHGoalie27 likes this.
  7. Disclose

Disclose Registered User

all PEter has to do is hit the stunner on Benoit for my vote.....:sarcasm:

8. CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27 GWAAARRRRRRR

Scandale du Jour and ColePens like this.
  9. Cor

Cor Most Likes Received By HFW Poster - 2018

10. ColePens

ColePens RIP parabola

Scandale du Jour likes this.
  11. ColePens

ColePens RIP parabola

I'm going to tell OT Pens to vote for Peter. :laugh: I almost thought the final little baby montage was Miz trash talking Morozov, too. It was scary realistic.

Scandale du Jour likes this.
  12. Disclose

Disclose Registered User

what is this dumb **** of voting for CP? whats am i missing?

13. M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31 Bury me softly, brother

We need the drama and HEAT to sustain our top programs for HFWF All In: Civil War, god dammit

Write in: @Scandale du Jour

14. Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour JordanStaal#1Fan

Supervisor, Business Intelligence (Sales)
    Home Page:
    My card would have been 100% old Montreal territory + current French-Canadian wrestlers.

15. Emperoreddy

Emperoreddy Show me what you got

Look at these pretenders to the crown. Anyone can win a vacant title!

16. HandsomeHollywood

HandsomeHollywood Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'

This coming from the guy who made 20 or so mostly awful picks, then quit because he only had time to post about the Devils?
    [​IMG]

M.C.G. 31, Disclose and Morozov like this.
  17. Emperoreddy

Where is your card my guy?

Is Handsomehollywood in the finals here? Trying to find him.

Hmmm was it Handsomehollywood that I ran through in the finals last year? I don’t believe so.

Keep trying those bingo halls guy.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  18. Virtanen18

Virtanen18 SAMCRO

Morozov.

The War Games doesn't entice me as much as it does others.

19. HandsomeHollywood

HandsomeHollywood Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'

Submitted long ago. Why? Where's yours?
    Shouldn't you be defending?

20. Disclose

Disclose Registered User

go on....

Morozov likes this.
  21. JackSlater

JackSlater Registered User

Now now, everyone knows that you need at least 21 picks to really put your stamp on a card. Of course while some don't want to take credit for their picks conversely we have non-gms taking credit for things too, so hard to say where the wind blows here.

I like PeterSidorkiewicz's card comfortably here. Morozov has the better concept but I don't care for a lot of the wrestlers involved. PeterSidorkiewicz has the much better main event, the best match on either card with the War Games match, no Young Bucks match to ignore and I really like the Rhodes-Race match. I like Henry vs Hashimoto too. On Morozov's card I like the Ultimate X match in that it seems like a typical example of the genre, and I like the tag match. Michaels is always a big plus in my eyes as my favourite wrestler ever but he seems kind of like an afterthought, which may be wasteful or may speak to the depth of the card.

Either way it was a good event. I think that the floor, in terms of the worst cards, has really been raised. No outright garbage.

22. M.C.G. 31

YOOOO @HandsomeHollywood coming off the pre-show onto the main card and @Emperoreddy coming out of literally nowhere to find himself on the HFWF All In: Civil War match card!!!

23. Emperoreddy

Handsome over here.

upload_2018-8-3_3-6-20.gif

Also went for Peter. Wargames, and love seeing Eddie.

HandsomeHollywood likes this.
  24. M.C.G. 31

Unfortunately for @Emperoreddy there are simply no spots available on the card anymore. Sorry, Flip... I mean Emp

25. Disclose

Disclose Registered User

sorry PeterDudewicks . gotta go with Morozov.

OT 4 life :(
    Sens 4 life :( :(