Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I have Spacek here. I don't know enough about Peart, but everything I've seen and heard about Spacek has been positive.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Man... Beckman just screams AHL lifer to me. I hope I'm wrong!
Could totally be right and would make sense at #9 - but for me, Walker screams more of that than Beckman. At least with Beckman, he's 2 years younger, has energetic character which creates a positive bias for him from coaching, and has a shot that could be useful in the right situation. He also had a great preseason showing 2 seasons ago which helps his case.

But I am also a huge support of Spacek, he looked like a top pairing defenseman for the Czech team in the strong run in the WJC.

But Imma give the very slight edge to the guy who's closer to the NHL. But honestly not a hill I'm going to die over (really none of these prospect ranks are at this point). But just a feeling.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I went with Bankier. Looking forward to seeing how he develops in the Iowa this season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have Spacek here. I don't know enough about Peart, but everything I've seen and heard about Spacek has been positive.
One thing to keep in mind is that even though Spacek was drafted in 2022, and Peart in 2021, Peart is still three months younger than Spacek.

Could totally be right and would make sense at #9 - but for me, Walker screams more of that than Beckman. At least with Beckman, he's 2 years younger, has energetic character which creates a positive bias for him from coaching, and has a shot that could be useful in the right situation. He also had a great preseason showing 2 seasons ago which helps his case.

But I am also a huge support of Spacek, he looked like a top pairing defenseman for the Czech team in the strong run in the WJC.

But Imma give the very slight edge to the guy who's closer to the NHL. But honestly not a hill I'm going to die over (really none of these prospect ranks are at this point). But just a feeling.
Well, Walker is a rink rat, and was a Captain at the U for two(3?) years, which speaks to his character. Just my observation, but he strikes me as a smarter, more versatile player(RHS who can play C) than Beckman. Both need to put on some strength, but Walker strikes me as a guy who will definitely be a NHL’er if he can get stronger(he’s not tiny like Rossi and Petan), while Beckman would still be a question mark. I don’t see where he is more coachable, at all. He does a few questionable things out there, IMO.
It’s one thing to be a joker in the dressing room, quite another to be an asset to the team.

I think the coaching staff might like Milne more than Beckman, and Walker. He’s fast, solid on his skates, has a bit of skill, but most importantly, is very good without the puck, and has great energy. I can see him being a 4 th liner, easily, while Beckman and Walker are more boom or bust offensive players.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
One thing to keep in mind is that even though Spacek was drafted in 2022, and Peart in 2021, Peart is still three months younger than Spacek.
Meh, where someone is drafted doesn’t really matter outside of top 10 picks. Three months younger doesn’t make a difference to me. It’s who is the better player and who will be the better player going forward.

In terms of level comparison, Spacek had a better WJC-20 than Peart. I haven’t read or seen anything that would sway my opinion to Peart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad