• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Prospect rankings. Rank how you see fit. Feel free to list your criteria as we progress through the list.

Caedan Bankier comes in at the #13 spot. On to lucky #14

1. Jesper Wallstedt (71.4%)
2. Broccoli Faber (43.2%)
3. Marco Rossi (56.1%)
4. Danila Yurov (63.9%)
5. Marat Khusnutdinov (51.4%)
6. Liam Ohgren (94.6%)
7. Charlie Stramel (46.2%)
8. Carson Lambos (55.2%)
9. Jack Peart (46.7%)
10. Riley Heidt (40.6%)
11. David Spacek (44.4%)
12. Daemon Hunt (54.5%)
13. Caedan Bankier (27.3%)

Feel free to make suggestions for prospects to add.

2022-23 Final Poll

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Haight’s performance after getting traded to the Spirit was really promising after he started the year off horribly. Think he’s got the highest ceiling of the remaining players so went with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Voted Walker but could’ve gone with ROR or Milne(both are almost the same age). Milne just needs time, ROR and Walker strength. Don’t know a thing about Kumpulainen, and Firstov and Beckman have to show me something more than what I have seen so far.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Haight’s performance after getting traded to the Spirit was really promising after he started the year off horribly. Think he’s got the highest ceiling of the remaining players so went with him.
Middleton and Russo had good things to say about Haight from development camp

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Middleton and Russo had good things to say about Haight from development camp
I believe he will be playing with Misa again next season, he should have some insane offensive opportunities. Like his shot a lot, has a deceptive and accurate release. Still a long route to go physically IMO. I am not sure that his game is going to translate up levels very quickly, but he is in a pretty great situation at least to push his offensive acumen further.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Going Beckman again. Tore up juniors and has shown solid progression as a pro. Good size and attitude. 24g as a 2nd year pro is nothing to sneeze at!

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Going Beckman again. Tore up juniors and has shown solid progression as a pro. Good size and attitude. 24g as a 2nd year pro is nothing to sneeze at!
That's where I am at. I'm purely stat watching and article reading but he's had 2 offensively productive years on a not very offensive Iowa team, all following a WHL player of the year performance. Add to a great personality and trajectory suggests he'll find a place, perhaps just not a consistent top six role.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's where I am at. I'm purely stat watching and article reading but he's had 2 offensively productive years on a not very offensive Iowa team, all following a WHL player of the year performance. Add to a great personality and trajectory suggests he'll find a place, perhaps just not a consistent top six role.

The problem I've seen is that he doesn't play a grinding game that a lot of bottom six players are required to play, so if he's not finding himself in a consistent top six role, he's probably going to end up as a journeyman bouncing from team to team looking for a club who doesn't have a strong roster and can afford to elevate him into that kind of role. Like a Ryan Donato type.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
The problem I've seen is that he doesn't play a grinding game that a lot of bottom six players are required to play, so if he's not finding himself in a consistent top six role, he's probably going to end up as a journeyman bouncing from team to team looking for a club who doesn't have a strong roster and can afford to elevate him into that kind of role. Like a Ryan Donato type.
You are likely right but I would most times agree but also think sometimes having one noticeable skill (his shot) in a decently sized body and note-worthy locker room attitude can win him favors from the coaches. He may not rise to the challenge but I think he will get more favorable chances to prove himself than most. I'm almost playing the odds here :)

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The league is moving more and more towards only having one grinding line (if that). It's more of a top-9/4th line than the top-6/bottom-6 split that was the league norm forever. MN used to be this way, until GMBG took over and turned away from skill in favor of grinding.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
I imagine I'll be voting for Lorenz for awhile. Wouldn't call his freshman season disappointing as a physically immature 18 year old on a team with 10 other drafted skaters and 3 others that turned pro at the end of the season(AHL). He's got tools and will need another year or 2 to finish growing into his body. Maybe overcompensating for being too critical of McBain at the same point years ago, but the remaining prospects who've played NA pro hockey don't get me anymore excited than the group that ends up on waivers at the start of every NHL season and none of the remaining junior/college group have convinced me they are more likely to be an NHL player.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He's in danger of becoming Jordan Schroeder. Too skilled and yet too soft play in the bottom 6, not good enough to play in the top 6...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's in danger of becoming Jordan Schroeder. Too skilled and yet too soft play in the bottom 6, not good enough to play in the top 6...
Well, Schroeder was half a foot shorter.

If Beckman can fill out, then he might be something interesting. Increased strength should give him a bit more speed, which he could use, and also help him to battle along the boards and net front. Right now he is mediocre in those areas for an AHL’er. He’s not completely one dimensional as an offensive player…while his shot is is main talent, he is a decent passer.
A couple of things bother me about him. One, while he has a good shot, he does not disguise it well, nor change the angle when shooting much. It’s easy for goalies to see. The other thing is that he doesn’t always make the best decisions out there… not the best hockey IQ, IMO.

He tries hard, but he’s not a good two way player.

Still time for him to develop, and achieve a whole new level of play, but you can say that of any player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad