• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Prospect rankings. Rank how you see fit. Feel free to list your criteria as we progress through the list.

Jack Peart comes in at the #9 spot. On to #10

1. Jesper Wallstedt (71.4%)
2. Broccoli Faber (43.2%)
3. Marco Rossi (56.1%)
4. Danila Yurov (63.9%)
5. Marat Khusnutdinov (51.4%)
6. Liam Ohgren (94.6%)
7. Charlie Stramel (46.2%)
8. Carson Lambos (55.2%)
9. Jack Peart (46.7%)

I have added Ryan Healey. Feel free to make suggestions for prospects to add.

2022-23 Final Poll

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Beckman but because not a hill I'm going to die for and I do want to influence a realistic vote, changed my vote to Spacek. He is up there for my next best prospect. He looked just as good as Jiricek and Svozil on the Czech's run to the finals in the last WJC.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I have Heidt at 10 for his upside and Spacek at 11 because, since last WJC, I have believed he's going to make it and he hasn't done anything to change my mind.

In truth, I stopped having real conviction at #2.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I have Heidt at 10 for his upside and Spacek at 11 because, since last WJC, I have believed he's going to make it and he hasn't done anything to change my mind.

I stopped after Wallstedt. My list is so different than the consensus that it's either get worked up or not care at all. I vote (Milne now and Stramel before that) just to see the results and not really impact things.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have to say that I am totally ignorant of Kumpulainen, besides a few clips. He looks alright, and could be the next Mikko Koivu for allI know.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I had Heidt at 7... but oh well.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I had Heidt at 9, Spacek at 10, and Peart at 11. All three could go in any order for me depending on the day. Voted Spacek here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I had Heidt at 7... but oh well.
I was very happy we drafted him, and would’ve been ok if we had drafted him in the 1st. He’s not Stramel, but he’s not tiny, and he looks like the type that will end up around 6’, 190. Throw in some excellent offensive skill, good skating, and an edgy game, and I’m optimistic. I am really curious as to why he dropped so much.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Had Daemon Hunt at #8, but not surprised he's still here. Honestly, the fact that we've still got guys like Heidt, Spacek, Kumpulainen, Walker, Beckman etc. alongside him this down the list speaks volumes about our prospect pool. All of them are not only likely NHL players in my books (some more so than others), but have a real chance to make an impact, too.

I think Hunt has a very real chance to crack the roster this year. I've got him pencilled in at that 3rd pair LD spot, and while it naturally rests on him having a good camp, I wouldn't see another year in AHL being a disaster for him either. He only has one season of experience vs. men and already looks comfortable on the ice.

That said, I've definitely got more than time for Spacek, too, and Heidt has the kind of potential to make us dream. Walker was impressive in his call-up, and while I don't quite see the same upside in him, I'm rooting for the kid. There's this perennial air of optimism around prospect talk and I get it - we all love young players because of their potential and imagining what they could yet become, but I've got a good feeling about this batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad