Who is pick #6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Again, give me the bigger skilled top-six centerman, types of players you can only acquire via drafting them high.

My rankings thus far:

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Anton Silayev
3. Carter Lindstrom
4. ?
5. ?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The more I learn about the top of this class, the more I hope the Wild just win the lottery so they can pick Celebrini and not worry about the rest of the guys.

At this point I would probably take Lindstrom because of the tools, but I see a 50/50 shot of him becoming a rich man's Jordan Greenway in a sense. A middle six power forward with all the physical gifts you could want, but can't put it all together because I question the IQ and and the ability to play with teammates. On the other hand, if he does figure it out, he could be like Tage Thompson.

I generally agree with the results through the first 5, though I'd personally swap Dickinson and Levshunov.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The more I learn about the top of this class, the more I hope the Wild just win the lottery so they can pick Celebrini and not worry about the rest of the guys.

At this point I would probably take Lindstrom because of the tools, but I see a 50/50 shot of him becoming a rich man's Jordan Greenway in a sense. A middle six power forward with all the physical gifts you could want, but can't put it all together because I question the IQ and and the ability to play with teammates. On the other hand, if he does figure it out, he could be like Tage Thompson.

I generally agree with the results through the first 5, though I'd personally swap Dickinson and Levshunov.
I have a minimal difference between Demidov and Eiserman. Just goes to show you that there are a number of players around the same value once you get past pick #1.

With so many talented players we can’t go wrong, right? Right??

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

I'm halfway with you ... while I don't see that danger with Linstrom as he is too skilled (when I saw Greenway in the NTDP, I never thought of a skill player, just a big raw toolsy prospect). However, I somewhat agree because after the top 7 or 8, there is a huge drop off of talent, then another drop off in talent by 15.

If you are picking at 20s, you are hoping to get a Greenway type so I think this draft class is a bit weak with most prospects have some clear flaws, more than other years. Right now, we are picking 6th based on %Points, but a few more wins here and there and we start picking out of the 3rd tier of prospects instead of the 2nd.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have a minimal difference between Demidov and Eiserman. Just goes to show you that there are a number of players around the same value once you get past pick #1.

With so many talented players we can’t go wrong, right? Right??

For me, the issue is that we need to hit on a star with this pick (assuming it's in the top 6-7), and with this group after Celebrini as a whole, I see too many paths to not getting a star. All of them could be stars, a couple of them likely will be, I just don't relish the thought of having to be the one making the pick.

It's not that I dislike any of them as potential draft picks for the Wild, it's just that with the pressure of needing to get another player above Boldy's level, it's going to be nerve wracking to pick 6th or 7th and watch the board unfold and get what's left and just hope other teams in front of us got it wrong.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
For me, the issue is that we need to hit on a star with this pick (assuming it's in the top 6-7), and with this group after Celebrini as a whole, I see too many paths to not getting a star. All of them could be stars, a couple of them likely will be, I just don't relish the thought of having to be the one making the pick.

It's not that I dislike any of them as potential draft picks for the Wild, it's just that with the pressure of needing to get another player above Boldy's level, it's going to be nerve wracking to pick 6th or 7th and watch the board unfold and get what's left and just hope other teams in front of us got it wrong.
Flip side of that is there is so much promise in the top 10. It’s a great year to make the lottery and have a chance.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Lindstrom by a hair over Eiserman.

Having a legitimate one-timer on the PP would open up a lot of room for 12 & 97 to work their magic.

But at end of day, Lindstrom’s size and productivity are too good to pass up.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lindstrom by a hair over Eiserman.

Having a legitimate one-timer on the PP would open up a lot of room for 12 & 97 to work their magic.

But at end of day, Lindstrom’s size and productivity are too good to pass up.
That would be sick!

Reactions: MNRube

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Lindstrom is an interesting case. Good skater with more skills than most big men. To me he is very comparable to Byfield at the same age, but not as skilled. FWIW, I had Byfield 6 or 7 that year (don’t look at the rest of the rankings, I had O’Rouke like 15). Catton is the pick for me. He adds an element of high end skating and skill that this team doesn’t have.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
So the last thread is closed to further replies but to make good on my promise to show my receipts on where i got the idea of Cayden Lindstrom's "hockey sense" being under question I present the following:

1.)
This is the video I'd watched like right before coming up with the idea of comparing lindstrom & silayev as two high upside guys where you're gambling on the hockey sense
@ 1:34 you see its the lowest score he gives lindstrom and @ 4:12 he fleshes out his opinion on this in more detail

2.)

Also from eliteprospects video a couple months ago on Lindstrom some issues that one could be considered to be "hockey sense" issues are discussed and dismissed as probably a skilled player experimenting. (link cued up to that point)

That being said I'm about to click the Cayden Lindstrom button for the third time.

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Catton as a guy without a weakness...maybe not the biggest, but he could easily end up being 6'.

Have spent zero time watching Helenius, and what little i've seen of of Bransegg - Nygard has really impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad