HF Wild Mock Draft 1.0 Midseason Edition Pick #10 (LAST POLL)

Who is pick #10?

• Adam Jiricek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Greentree

• Other (Please Specify)

• Just Observing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Is Konsta really a big improvement over what the Wild already have with Ek + Rossi? By most people's accounts projected to be a good #2 center? Not the worst thing in the world to have a lot of depth there but not really a priority. But I suppose if you dont want to risk Parekh or Jiricek then this is the best of the safer options.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I like both Iginla and Jiricek, but it’s hard to ignore Helenius’ production. He was a non-factor (if not completely invisible) against his peers at WJC but he’s got like 0.8 PPG against men and 11 points in his last 10 games. As others have said, it’s also a bonus he is a RHS

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Helenius just score a HT, making him the 2nd youngest to ever do so in LIiga -younger than Laine.

Is Konsta really a big improvement over what the Wild already have with Ek + Rossi? By most people's accounts projected to be a good #2 center? Not the worst thing in the world to have a lot of depth there but not really a priority. But I suppose if you dont want to risk Parekh or Jiricek then this is the best of the safer options.
If he turns out to be the next Aho, then ya, i think we can make room for him.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Helenius just score a HT, making him the 2nd youngest to ever do so in LIiga -younger than Laine.

If he turns out to be the next Aho, then ya, i think we can make room for him.
One thing they were talking about in the ep ranking video (most recent or before cant remember which) was the relatively lower pace of play in liiga. I think they called it the chess version of hockey?

Also I compare to Granlund who, going by nothing but stats, was a superior player in his D-1. I loved Granlund when he was with the Wild but I think people were slightly underwhelmed with the result from the hype and I could see that happening again with Helenius.

Also, I'm just hoping for more out of this draft than another Granlund. But if they go that route its certainly not *bad*. You could add that kind of player to this core of players and it certainly makes them better.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One thing they were talking about in the ep ranking video (most recent or before cant remember which) was the relatively lower pace of play in liiga. I think they called it the chess version of hockey?

Also I compare to Granlund who, going by nothing but stats, was a superior player in his D-1. I loved Granlund when he was with the Wild but I think people were slightly underwhelmed with the result from the hype and I could see that happening again with Helenius.

Also, I'm just hoping for more out of this draft than another Granlund. But if they go that route its certainly not *bad*. You could add that kind of player to this core of players and it certainly makes them better.
Well, Aho was picked 35th in the draft. Scored 13 pts in 30 gp in LIiga. Similar size and profile to Helenius. Was PPG the next year in Liiga, then went to CAR, and the rest is history. Helenius's style of game reminds me a lot more of Aho's than MiG's.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I honestly forgot about the true exercise of this poll and just went BPA for my rankings - but on draft day I do stick with the tactics of Best Tier Available. And within that tier, if you can't decide between two players, last factor to consider is prospect pipeline need (not Wild pro roster needs). And if there's only one player left in that tier, you pick them no matter the position. Also keep in back of the mid that centers are a premium position.

I think there's an interesting debate with Helenius, Parekh and Jiricek, all very good upsides with clear flags to consider. I can't decide yet

Reactions: Wonderful Tacos

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Tij Iginla because I have no idea on any of the remaining names and loved/hated his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad