HF Top Prospects: 31 to 40

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Link isn't right. At least it wasn't for me.

No surprises in the ranks in this group, IMO. I've noticed there have been a lot of D on the list so far. That's interesting.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
McDonagh would have been higher had he not of been below Erixon, I'm guessing. Kid is a tremendous prospect. Silly that our writer ranked him below Erixon. No idea why, either.

Mar 14, 2011
No Gardiner on this one either, I wonder if that means he's been bumped up significantly.

I remember last year Reimer was not included in the top 50 because they started making the list before Reimer's time as the Leaf's goaltender (a HF writer said he thinks Reimer would have been in the top 20 had the list been redone). So I guess Gardiner's preseason was not taken into consideration on this list.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I remember last year Reimer was not included in the top 50 because they started making the list before Reimer's time as the Leaf's goaltender (a HF writer said he thinks Reimer would have been in the top 20 had the list been redone). So I guess Gardiner's preseason was not taken into consideration on this list.

Was Gardiner not on the last list though?

He's only improved his stock since then, though I see your point.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Was Gardiner not on the last list though?

He's only improved his stock since then, though I see your point.

Keep in mind that there's the addition of the 2011 draft class as compared to the Spring rankings. Since the Spring rankings were done after the season ended, no additional players would've graduated, and even if a player did nothing to fall in the list (or even arguably improved), they may have been knocked down (or off) the list due to the influx of the 2011 draft class.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah, of course Klefbom is ranked higher than Brodin. Anyone care to explain why? From everything I've read Brodin is fairly far ahead of him in development already. Is this list based on the BS writers...I think both Edmonton's (review of Klefbom) and Minnesota's (review of Brodin) were written by Edmonton fans. That couldn't have anything to do with the rankings, surely?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Lack and Hodgson in the top 30? thats amazing considering how good the Canucks have been and where they have been picking.

Hodgson should be top 15 too

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
McDonagh would have been higher had he not of been below Erixon, I'm guessing. Kid is a tremendous prospect. Silly that our writer ranked him below Erixon. No idea why, either.

I'm not sure that it matters considering that the Rangers #3 & 4 prospects are listed amongst the Top-35 prospects in a 30 team league... while the #1 & 2 seem awful likely to be listed amongst the remaining Top-30. :biglaugh::facepalm:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
yeah, of course Klefbom is ranked higher than Brodin. Anyone care to explain why? From everything I've read Brodin is fairly far ahead of him in development already. Is this list based on the BS writers...I think both Edmonton's (review of Klefbom) and Minnesota's (review of Brodin) were written by Edmonton fans. That couldn't have anything to do with the rankings, surely?

Most of the folks on the Oilers board cant figure that one out either. I guess Klefbom is the more 'dynamic' player. But it's clear which one is the better hockey player right now, Klefbom has even been getting scratched in favor of Brodin in Sweden recently.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Most of the folks on the Oilers board cant figure that one out either. I guess Klefbom is the more 'dynamic' player. But it's clear which one is the better hockey player right now, Klefbom has even been getting scratched in favor of Brodin in Sweden recently.

The only thing that justifies it is Klefbom is larger than Brodin...That doesn't really make him more NHL ready. I mean, John Scott isn't better than Nick Leddy. Just curious. Brodin is actually 3rd overall in TOI on his team at the moment I believe--we have a few helpful Swedes giving us post game reviews of his play (good and bad) and I'm really shocked by the amount of confidence his club has in him--it makes me think he'll be playing for the Wild as soon as next year.
Just trying to get a feel for how these lists are put together.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Keep in mind that there's the addition of the 2011 draft class as compared to the Spring rankings. Since the Spring rankings were done after the season ended, no additional players would've graduated, and even if a player did nothing to fall in the list (or even arguably improved), they may have been knocked down (or off) the list due to the influx of the 2011 draft class.

Yeah fair enough. I guess these lists were probably started prior to training camp so anything pre-season wasn't likely to be taken into account.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm

I guess age is a factor, Erixon is after all two years younger than McDonagh. Even though McDonagh is clearly better now, Erixon got two years of development to catch up and surpass him.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011

I think what it comes down to is that there are more Edmonton fans to please than Minnesota fans.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I think what it comes down to is that there are more Edmonton fans to please than Minnesota fans.

i don't necessarily want someone rah-rahing about our prospects--I mean, i'm as happy when the guys giving us info on him (Brodin) report that he tripped and was responsible for the 2 on 1 that lead to the loss as I am to hear he's the only + player on the team. well not as "happy" but I like to get a realistic picture of how he might develop in relation to his peers and the rankings here vs the situation in the SEL seemed to be at odds.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

I'm not really sure. To be honest, I'd swap Klefbom straight up for Brodin. Klefbom has the higher upside due to his tools, but he's way less likely to reach it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->