HF Top 100 on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mike Komisarek said:
They prolly contacted HF and asked if they could use the list.

Btw imo Horton is too high and Miller > Lethonen.

Lethonen> Miller I think Lethonen is the best goalie not in the NHL. But I've been really impressed with the Bruins young goalie from Finland.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mike Komisarek said:
Miller has already played in the NHL with decent success, Lethonen hasn't even played 1 game, right now.. Miller > Lethonen no doubt.

So what? Miller has played in the NHL and Lethonen hasn't. Wait five years and see who's better. As for Miller being proven, please. Does Lethonen being the top goalie in Finland (A MEN'S LEAGUE) mean nothing? You like Miller over Lethonen, good for you

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
It's obvious that HF has a deal with FoxSports as their lead prospect contributor. Same reason why the org rankings were posted on Fox Sports. Just like how Spector also has a column on the page. HF is more proffessional now than they used to be with the magazine helping boost their legitimacy.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mike Komisarek said:
Miller has already played in the NHL with decent success, Lethonen hasn't even played 1 game, right now.. Miller > Lethonen no doubt.
ok so Jason ward is better than Alex Oveckhin by your logic...
:handclap:
in terms of all around skill and developement Lehto > Miller
Miller is IMO overrated by some ..he's still a good project but he's so thin .. has lots of problems to control the puck .. not so bad technique but he uses too much his reflex instead of a good positioning..
if he can fill his gap he could become a good goalie..
Lehtonen got it all!! he had a very good technique he controls the puck very well .. but he needs to be more aggresive ... to adapt to Americain surface ... and to gain more experience..
he reminds me R.Luongo ...
just my 2 cents..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mike Komisarek said:
You're just basing your opinion on hype, i bet you haven't even seen Lethonen play.. ;> (which frankly, even if you have doesn't make a difference)

Anyway,
Lethonen is a tad overhyped, but almost everyone is these days, anyway Ryan Miller right now is far more proven after already having decent success with the Sabres when called up, was voted best college player few years back and Miller can also be considered a future franchise goalie along with Lethonen(who has yet to play 1 NHL game).

And your not basing your opinions on hype? I've seen both play, but since I'm not a professional hockey scout, I've only seen them a few times, guess you seen Miller and Lethonen a ton, cause you seem so sure yet there's no right or wrong answer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mike Komisarek said:
Yeah, and you like Lethonen over Miller, good for you too, doesn't mean you're right, it's just your goddamn opinion. Lethonen is good but i'll give the advantage to Miller.

Well at least you got my point. It's ok for you to have an opinion, but when I have a different one, it's just my goddamn opinion. nice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mike Komisarek said:
If i was basing it on hype, wouldn't i have picked Lethonen? ;)

Miller's hyped too. Named top AHL prospect over at theahl.com All prospects are hyped in some way. Lethonen is hyped more cause he's a higher pick, no big deal. If Miller plays Friday, I'll be 3 rows off the ice watching.

#37-#93-#27*

JDB3939 said:
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1790038

Why is HF's top 100 on Fox Sports. And how was this one come up with so easily when last years took forever?
$

Good for HF, they're getting some reward and publicity.

List is good for the most part, a few things I disagree with though. I think Tjutin, Hudler, Krajicek should be higher. I don't like Suter and Coburn being so much higher then Phaneuf, don't like Horton in the top 10 and don't like all those 2003 draftees in the top 100 and especially all those in the top 25.

I question how Jessiman, Burns and Fritsche are in the bottom 4th yet most of the other 2003 draftees are practically filling up the top 25.

FOXSports.com said:
33. Marion Hossa LW Montreal He combines with his deceptive speed to beat opposing players one-on-one. He has a quick release, although he's a better passer than he is a finisher.

Wow Habs fans! You guys now have one of the best wingers in the game on your team! This is why hockey reporting is best left to Canadian media outlets.

As far as glaring omissions go, Paul Martin is certainly one.

And then there are the glaring inclusions: Michael Leighton at #61? Ryan Getzlaf at #22? Who did these?

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
For those who don't understand why HF has an article on Foxsports, HF is a content contributor to Foxsports.com.

I see some questionable calls but hey, everyone has a different opinion. All in all, a quality list.

BTW - Kings with 8 of the 100! :handclap:

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
Baron Von Shark said:
It's obvious that HF has a deal with FoxSports as their lead prospect contributor. Same reason why the org rankings were posted on Fox Sports. Just like how Spector also has a column on the page. HF is more proffessional now than they used to be with the magazine helping boost their legitimacy.

Magazine? What magazine? I haven't seen a new edition in about coming on 5 months now. Sure is nice to see them working hard for Fox, but not their paying customers.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Stanger31 said:
Magazine? What magazine? I haven't seen a new edition in about coming on 5 months now. Sure is nice to see them working hard for Fox, but not their paying customers.
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Was it supposed to be a montly mag?

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
Fedor on the list? Yikes. 2 good games early in the AHL season and suddenly he is a better prospect then Kesler? Fedor wouldn't make my top 200, let alone 100.

Fincan

Aug 1, 2002
LordStanleysPlace
Visit site
quite dissapointed in the list. far to 2003 heavy IMO. Ruutu behind Horton? Poloushin and Perezhogin sittin way back. Belle in the top 50??

Frankly, I prefer the list done by The Pucks and co. by quite a bit, even though that was a bit 2003 heavy, this takes the cake of any list I have seen. Big dissapointment after last year.

DR. Holiday

Baron Von Shark said:
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Was it supposed to be a montly mag?

I figure my money is gone but hearing what is going on from the staff would be nice.

DR. Holiday

Where is Patrice Begeron? Doesn't he lead all rookies in scoring?

Seems like if they were drafted high or are hyped by members (fans) here they must be great.

DR. Holiday

Waveburner said:
Fedor on the list? Yikes. 2 good games early in the AHL season and suddenly he is a better prospect then Kesler? Fedor wouldn't make my top 200, let alone 100.

Great pic.

Hey it's the hype man not the talent

-HIFK-

Originally posted by Mike Komisarek
You're just basing your opinion on hype, i bet you haven't even seen Lethonen play.. ;> (which frankly, even if you have doesn't make a difference)

Anyway,
Lethonen is a tad overhyped, but almost everyone is these days, anyway Ryan Miller right now is far more proven after already having decent success with the Sabres when called up, was voted best college player few years back and Miller can also be considered a future franchise goalie along with Lethonen(who has yet to play 1 NHL game).

Well, first of all his name is Lehtonen... And how the hell does seeing him play not make a difference when judging his abilities???

So, how many games have you seen Lehtonen play, since he is such an over-hyped player in your opinion? Which areas would you say are his biggest weaknesses?

But I´m not argueing with you, since I don´t see how one can rate two goalies playing in different leagues. But I guess Miller has to be better, since how could a 19-year old goalie with two fantastic seasons in the Finnish league compete with someone, who has been voted as the best college player a few years back?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
#37-#93-#27 said:
$

Good for HF, they're getting some reward and publicity.

List is good for the most part, a few things I disagree with though. I think Tjutin, Hudler, Krajicek should be higher. I don't like Suter and Coburn being so much higher then Phaneuf, don't like Horton in the top 10 and don't like all those 2003 draftees in the top 100 and especially all those in the top 25.

I question how Jessiman, Burns and Fritsche are in the bottom 4th yet most of the other 2003 draftees are practically filling up the top 25.
Tjutin higher than 17th???
I already think he's way too high...

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
I don't like the list at all. While the 2003 draft probably was a strong one, it seems 2003 draftees feature way too heavily in this list. Moreover the way in which the stock of some of them has risen compared to others is questionable to me, considering the few games which have been played since the draft. For the rest there are by far too many goaltender prospects in the list, looks like almost every decent goaltending prospect has made the top 50. (IMO Mikael Tellqvist is somewhat low when compared to some of the other 'solid' prospects, that more being a case of the others being too high. Puzzling btw is that Tellqvist is no longer a prospect according to HF guidelines). After a quick glance I'd say that Jiri Hudler is clearly too high and Vermette is a bit high too, unsure about the others. Alexander Steen is definitely too low at 52... (esp in comparison with Carlo at 23, they are much closer) On a final note the list seems to be rather sloppy, one would expect someone into prospects to be able to keep the Hossa brothers apart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad