HF Spring 2007 Organizational rankings (1-15)

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
are the habs ranked so high because there's a lot of habs fans on hf? it seems like every year they're ranked really high, but every year they remain a mediocre team. since when are kostitsyn and grabovski elite prospects? who in their right mind would take the canadiens prospects over teams like nyr, washington, phoenix, etc.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
are the habs ranked so high because there's a lot of habs fans on hf? it seems like every year they're ranked really high, but every year they remain a mediocre team. since when are kostitsyn and grabovski elite prospects? who in their right mind would take the canadiens prospects over teams like nyr, washington, phoenix, etc.

what does us having alot of fans on HF have to do with our prospect ranking? :help:

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Oilers ranking is fair. It seems a little high although I can understand it with all the depth we have.

I would prefer

Philly (they have a huge weakness but have some good top end talent and I'm not sure the Oilers are great in net either)
Nashville (not as strong overall but Radulov might be enough to make up for it)
Phoenix (they seem too low to me. Mueller is significantly better then anybody we have and they have a good top 5-7)

I would rather have Philly's for sure and an arguement can be made either way for Nashville and Phoenix

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
what does us having alot of fans on HF have to do with our prospect ranking? :help:
trying to appease people who use the site? habs fans also talk about their prospects a lot more than say, phoenix fans. more exposure for their prospects.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
OK ... I'll say it.

October 2005: 29th
April 2006: 22nd
October 2006: 14th
May 2007: 4th

So ...
1. Did the Blues really have the 2nd worst prospect pool just 18 months ago?
2. Do the Blues really have the 4th best prospect pool now?
3. Can anyone else recall a team jumping like this in just 18 months?

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003

I think the habs are really too high too. However, I don't think it has something to do with the habs posters or how many we are.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
trying to appease people who use the site? habs fans also talk about their prospects a lot more than say, phoenix fans. more exposure for their prospects.

I doubt the fans have anything to do with the decision for organizational prospect ratings.

But I do agree that 2 is high. Like I said, I'd view Montreal more in the 6-10 range.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

That is completely irrelevant, I can assure you.

I'll acknowledge that I'm surprised that we are in second spot. We don't have an elite level prospect outside of goal, and don't have much depth defensively. But I suppose in general, there is some depth in the number of prospects. They might not be the best, but I could see most of them playing in the NHL. I think Carey Price is the major reason our ranking goes up. Number 2 is beyond my expectations, but somewhere in the top 10 would have been appropriate.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Year in, year out Montreal's prospects get overrated again and again. #2? You've gotta be kidding me.

The Habs have great prospect depth. No one really knows other team's prospect groups well outside of the top guys. Montreal only has Price as real top end talent though. Somewhere in the bottom half of the top 10 is where the Habs should be IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Habs have great prospect depth. No one really knows other team's prospect groups well outside of the top guys. Montreal only has Price as real top end talent though. Somewhere in the bottom half of the top 10 is where the Habs should be IMO.

Exactly. I expected around 8 or 9 or so. I don't understand how they constantly are rated high. I didn't understand how they were #6 last year and I don't understand how they are #2 now.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Exactly. I expected around 8 or 9 or so. I don't understand how they constantly are rated high. I didn't understand how they were #6 last year and I don't understand how they are #2 now.

And they were #4 a year before while only Plekanec and Higgins graduated from that list, IIRC

goleafsgo987

May 5, 2007
HF is great for factual information and looking up a teams prospects.. but when it comes to scouting report, ranking, and most written articles they are terrible. I mean they are a total joke. Half of their teams dont have writers and the ones that do hardly ever see the prospects and base everything on hear-say.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Half of their teams dont have writers and the ones that do hardly ever see the prospects and base everything on hear-say.

well that's pretty ignorant of you. What are you basing this off of? Do you have proof that it's all hear-say?

Angry that Toronto isn't in the top 15?

GSK*

Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Mikhail Grabovsky
Maxim Lapierre
Kyle Chipchura
Ben Maxwell
Matt D'Agostini
Juraj Mikus
Ryan White
Mathieu Aubin

David Fisher
Ryan O'Byrne
Alexei Emelin
Pavel Valentenko
Mathieu Carle

Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak

Stop whining guys, the number 2 position is well deserved. No other team got a great depth likle that and Price, Andrei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovsky got the potential to be a true superstar. You guys are just jealous of the Canadiens organisation and don't admit that Kostitsyn, Price and Grabovsky got a great potentiel (cuz almost all of them never saw them played more than 1 or twice.) The important key is the depth on the prospect pool, may be the deeper in the league. Thats why second overall.... Get a clue folks!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
These guys are not professionals. I mean goodness, what do you expect.

People don't see every player the exact same that I do, or you do, so everyone's list is going to be different. It's as simple as that and honestly, you can make a case for a lot of the top 10 being ranked second. From now on, I'm not going to read these threads anymore because it seems like everytime I read one, nobody discusses the players or the teams on the lists. It's always about how ****ed up the rankings are and how the writers do a ****** job, and I'm tired of it.

Why don't you appreciate what you can get when nobody else is willing to give it to you. Rankings are subjective. GET OVER IT.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
No other team got a great depth likle that and Price Andrei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovsky got the potential to be a true superstar. You guys are just jealous of the Canadiens organisation and don't admit that Kostitsyn, Price and Grabovsky got a great potentiel (cuz almost all of them never saw them played more than 1 or twice.) The important key is the depth on the prospect pool, may be the deeper in the league. Thats why second overall.... Get a clue folks!

Do you have some to share ? :biglaugh:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
While it's a thankless job, I do thank those involved with making the article. I know a lot of people are involved in this, and a lot of work is put into the article (contrary to the beliefs of defensive fans).

As for the Kings, here's hoping the #1 ranking is a sign of good things to come.

GSK*

These guys are not professionals. I mean goodness, what do you expect.

People don't see every player the exact same that I do, or you do, so everyone's list is going to be different. It's as simple as that and honestly, you can make a case for a lot of the top 10 being ranked second. From now on, I'm not going to read these threads anymore because it seems like everytime I read one, nobody discusses the players or the teams on the lists. It's always about how ****ed up the rankings are and how the writers do a ****** job, and I'm tired of it.

Why don't you appreciate what you can get when nobody else is willing to give it to you. Rankings are subjective. GET OVER IT.

Agreed. Its because some childish posters who are upset against anything...poor teenager... and may be their knowledge of the game isn't great either. They always want their team up there, hfboards its all about whining. Like the Kaizer guy above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->