HF Sharks Quarantine Survival Master Thread and Index

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
j1P4yb.png

Because I retired the old stand-alone trivia thread and might choose to split the question of the day thread up into separate versions for each question, I figured it was probably a good idea to have a master post to serve as an index and keep track of anything that needs tracking between different threads.

I'm not sure what else to do with this thread besides use it as an index, though I suppose it wouldn't be the worst place to have discussion about any other potential ideas people have for ways to keep ourselves entertained for the next couple months (or, gulp, longer) while there's no hockey or sports or going outside in general. I have a healthy stack of potential things to do to fill time if/when the current things start to burn out, but I'm sure there are other ideas out there I haven't considered.

But enough of that. On with the indexing:

j1P7Or.png

The original item for this series of threads and concepts, a set of Sporcle quizzes about all sorts of things that are Sharks related to test people's knowledge and invite discussion and reminiscence about the history of the team from the early years in the Cow Palace to that season that got interrupted by a viral pandemic forcing everyone to sit inside and do trivia quizzes about the team's history.

Timeframe: New quizzes are released every few days, whenever it seems like the previous one is dying out.

Threads:
Original all-in-one trivia thread, featuring:
Quiz #1: The top 25 Sharks by GP
Quiz #2: Famous Firsts in Sharks History
Quiz #3: The History of Team Captains

Stand alone threads:
Quiz #4: The Most Iconic Moments in Sharks History
Quiz #5: The History of One-Off Jersey #s for the Sharks
Quiz #6: Sharks' Leading Scorers by Season
Quiz #7: Sharks' All-Star Game selections *ACTIVE QUIZ*

jTUcvv.png

Every few days, I pose a fairly open-ended question to spark debate.

Timeframe: Originally I intended to put up a new question every 3 days or so, but I think I might slow it down to "a new question every time it looks like the previous one is dying out" because some topics might last longer than others.

As of question #3 each question gets a new thread. The first two questions are in the same thread.

Individual questions include:
1) If you could take a skill from one current Shark and give it to another, what would it be?
2) If you could take back one trade in Sharks history, what would it be and why?
3) Who is the biggest One-Hit Wonder in Sharks history?

j1PsQz.png

People share stories and/or images of favorite/memorable/sentimental/interesting bits of Sharks memorabilia. It doesn't have to be something unique or valuable. It can be something mundane with a treasured memory or tale attached, or just "isn't this cool?". It's more to get people talking about things they have that bond them to the team and get some laughs and positivity.

It exists (and will not be changed from) a single thread containing all stories and posts.
Shared items so far include (I'm mostly picking stuff with longer/interesting stories or images. So if your thing isn't here, it's not a slight, it's just that these are the headliner type posts in the thread):

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm reserving post #2 for future potential like 1st post overflow or a list of possible other thread/time-waster concepts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad