NHL Entry Draft HF Sens - 2020 Draft - Top 75 Average Draft Ranking

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
The haul the Senators get this draft could be absolutely massive.

Current Haul Based on the Average Draft Rankings (Draft Changes and Lotto Not Included).

22.3Quinton ByfieldC6.04214Sudbury WolvesLeft
34.0Tim StutzleC/LW6.00187Adler MannheimLeft
2124.3Kaiden GuhleD6.03187Prince Albert RaidersLeft
3337.2Jacob PerreaultC5.11198Sarnia StingRight
4956.4Luke EvangelistaRW5.11165London KnightsRight
5258.9Shakir MukhamadullinD6.02170Tolpar UFALeft
5360.2Carter SavoieLW5.10181Sherwood Park CrusadersLeft
6468.4Eemil ViroD6.00168TPSLeft
7472.6Jack ThompsonD6.01172Sudbury WolvesRight
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PS. Get your (top 75) or 40-50-60 whatever in before Sunday's update. You can always update it down the road.

Yeah that would be an sick haul for sure. Imagine how bad I'd lose my shit if we got Mukhamadullin at 52.

By the way, not that I expect you to change it, it makes sense to take all the vitals from a common source, but for the record Mukhamadullin is at least 6'3, maybe 6'4.

But honestly, with how many picks we have in the top 80, and how stacked this draft is, it's pretty much guaranteed that we're gonna come away very happy.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That draft would fill out the rest of this roster outside of top line RD. A guy like Brandt Clark in 2021 would be nice.

Byfield - Legit #1 Center Prospect that's huge and fast
Stützle - Legit #1 Left Wing Prospect with amazing hands, vision and excellent skating and agility
Guhle - Physical 2 way top 4 Left Defense Prospect
Perrault - Middle 6 Goal Scoring Center, with Right Wing experience. Dad was also the best faceoff guy of all time.

Stutzle Byfield Batherson
Tkatchuk Norris Duclair
Formenton L.Brown Perrault/Pinto
Paul White C.Brown

Ton of depth who could turn out: , Balcers, Hawryluk, Evangelista, Savoie, Abramov

Chabot-???
Brannstrom-Bernard-Docker
Guhle-Thomson

Ton of depth who could turn out: Wolanin, Jaros, Mukhamadullin, Alsing, Viro, Thompson

Nilsson
Hogberg
Daccord
Gustaffson
Mandolese
Soogard

With 4 picks in the top 2 rounds next year.
A Must
Nepean RHD
18th in points among D in the entire OHL at 16 yo 38 points in 57 g

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
A Must
Nepean RHD

I remember I think it was the second time I saw him play. Was the U17s last fall against USA. Down a goal in the dying minutes he had a forward coming in on him with a partial one on one, and he absolutely crushed the guy with an open ice hit to kill the rush dead in its tracks. His next shift with about a minute left, his point shot was tipped in for the tying goal. That's when I knew he was something special.

Just an all-around horse of a defenseman, he's about as close as you're gonna get to Drew Doughty. Possible first overall pick.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don’t think we use all our picks too many guys from the same draft

a smarter play IMO would be to ‘help teams in cap trouble’ and moving picks as the asset going back like nucks getting jt Miller (obvi not moving a 1st)

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I remember I think it was the second time I saw him play. Was the U17s last fall against USA. Down a goal in the dying minutes he had a forward coming in on him with a partial one on one, and he absolutely crushed the guy with an open ice hit to kill the rush dead in its tracks. His next shift with about a minute left, his point shot was tipped in for the tying goal. That's when I knew he was something special.

Just an all-around horse of a defenseman, he's about as close as you're gonna get to Drew Doughty. Possible first overall pick.
Agree
Better numbers then Doughty, Chabot, DeAngelo, Letang (all comparable in CHL at 16yo)

From hockey news:

Brandt Clarke, D, Barrie Colts
Considering no other defenseman in his draft class has more than 11 points on the season, Clarke’s 35-point total is elite. He made his mark in the U17 World Hockey Championship in November, tying for second among all defensemen with six points in five games. He also has flashes of defensive brilliance, but Clarke will need to become most consistent in his own zone next season while maintaining his offensive prowess. Clarke draws comparisons to another Colt great, Aaron Ekblad.

What do you think of L Hughes and O Power?

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Agree
Better numbers then Doughty, Chabot, DeAngelo, Letang (all comparable in CHL at 16yo)

From hockey news:

Brandt Clarke, D, Barrie Colts
Considering no other defenseman in his draft class has more than 11 points on the season, Clarke’s 35-point total is elite. He made his mark in the U17 World Hockey Championship in November, tying for second among all defensemen with six points in five games. He also has flashes of defensive brilliance, but Clarke will need to become most consistent in his own zone next season while maintaining his offensive prowess. Clarke draws comparisons to another Colt great, Aaron Ekblad.

What do you think of L Hughes and O Power?

I haven't seen Owen Power yet. Luke Hughes looks really good. More dynamic offensively than Lambos or Clarke but I'm not as sold on his defensive game yet. Lambos is actually my personal favorite of the bunch so far. Still super early but of the defensemen I've seen for 2021 so far I'd put it (I've seen them all between 2-4 times, except Grushnikov who I've seen at least 6):

1. Carson Lambos
2. Brandt Clarke
3. Luke Hughes
4. Simon Edvinsson
5. Artyom Grushnikov
6. Corson Ceulemans

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex1234

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah that would be an sick haul for sure. Imagine how bad I'd lose my shit if we got Mukhamadullin at 52.

By the way, not that I expect you to change it, it makes sense to take all the vitals from a common source, but for the record Mukhamadullin is at least 6'3, maybe 6'4.

But honestly, with how many picks we have in the top 80, and how stacked this draft is, it's pretty much guaranteed that we're gonna come away very happy.

Yeah all the heights and weights are from eliteprospects but are definitely outdated. I've read that hes at least 6'3 now.

I wonder if the nhl/teams will do a virtual combine through webex or something to update player sizes amd do interviews. Without playoffs to narrow down lists, teams will want as much info as they can get their hands on.

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
A Must
Nepean RHD

Every time I watched Foerster and later on Vierling for this years draft, I came away really really impressed with Clarke's game. The kid is just sooooo good and not just for his age.

Barrie is going to be really good next year IMO.

Back to the 2020 draft. Get your lists in by 4pm for the update.

Reactions: Alex1234

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Updated my list. I've been watching a lot of video the past month, particularly players in the top ~40. So I've decided to trust my own opinion more and put less emphasis on stats and media scouting reports, especially at the top of the draft. I also only included players I've seen play at least once.

I couldn't figure out what to do with Hendrix Lapierre so I left him off. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone else accidentally this time.

1. Alexis Lafreniere

2. Lucas Raymond

3. Quinton Byfield

4. Tim Stützle

5. Alexander Holtz

6. Jamie Drysdale

7. Jake Sanderson

8. Rodion Amirov

9. Marco Rossi

10. Anton Lundell

11. Cole Perfetti

12. Dawson Mercer

13. Jack Quinn

14. Kaiden Guhle

15. Dylan Holloway

16. Connor Zary

17. Shakir Mukhamadullin

18. Yaroslav Askarov

19. Seth Jarvis

20. Noel Gunler

21. Jan Mysak

22. Jeremie Poirier

23. Ty Smilanic

24. Mavrik Bourque

25. Justin Barron

26. John-Jason Peterka

27. William Wallinder

28. Vasili Ponomaryov

29. Brendan Brisson

30. Dylan Peterson

31. Braden Schneider

32. Thomas Bordeleau

33. Marat Khusnutdinov

34. Lukas Reichel

35. William Villeneuve

36. Jacob Perreault

37. Tyson Foerster

38. Helge Grans

39. Antonio Stranges

40. Cross Hanas

41. Jake Neighbors

42. Topi Niemelä

43. Emil Andrae

44. Ryan O'Rourke

45. Martin Chromiak

46. Jaromir Pytlik

47. Luke Tuch

48. Maxim Groshev

49. Roni Hirvonen

50. Luke Evangelista

51. Will Cuyle

52. Brock Faber

53. Yan Kuznetsov

54. Daniel Torgersson

55. Jean-Luc Foudy

56. Justin Sourdif

57. Ridly Greig

58. Tyler Kleven

59. Eemil Viro

60. Ozzy Wiesblatt

61. Theodor Niederbach

62. Sam Colangelo

63. Zion Nybeck

64. Jan Bednar

65. Alexander Nikishin

66. Jack Finley

67. Kasper Simontaival

68. Brett Berard

69. Roby Jarventie

70. Carter Savoie

71. Ruben Rafkin

72. Drew Comesso

73. Daniil Gushchin

74. Kasper Puutio

75. Landon Slaggert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The haul the Senators get this draft could be absolutely massive.

Current Haul Based on the Average Draft Rankings (Draft Changes and Lotto Not Included).

22.3Quinton ByfieldC6.04214Sudbury WolvesLeft
34.0Tim StutzleC/LW6.00187Adler MannheimLeft
2124.3Kaiden GuhleD6.03187Prince Albert RaidersLeft
3337.2Jacob PerreaultC5.11198Sarnia StingRight
4956.4Luke EvangelistaRW5.11165London KnightsRight
5258.9Shakir MukhamadullinD6.02170Tolpar UFALeft
5360.2Carter SavoieLW5.10181Sherwood Park CrusadersLeft
6468.4Eemil ViroD6.00168TPSLeft
7472.6Jack ThompsonD6.01172Sudbury WolvesRight
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PS. Get your (top 75) or 40-50-60 whatever in before Sunday's update. You can always update it down the road.
If thats what they ended up with id be doing cart wheels and may mix in an unexpected hug and high five for anyone who is in my social distancing area #riskitall.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Updated list April 17 2020 -- Subject to change but closer than the 1st one imo

Some of the changes: I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.
I moved Stutzle to 2 over Byfield. They are pretty much a tie for me. I like Stutzle's small area game better. Since I did that I moved Drysdale to 4 because I could not justify him over Byfield. Just to be unpopular, I moved Holtz out of my top 10 and brought Quinn in. Lundell and Sanderson each move up 1 spot.

1Alexis Lafreniere
2Tim Stutzle
3Quinton Byfield
4Jamie Drysdale
5Lucas Raymond
6Marco Rossi
7Cole Perfetti
8Anton Lundell
9Jake Sanderson
10Jack Quinn
11Yaroslav Askarov
12Alexander Holtz
13Noel Gunler
14Dawson Mercer
15Dylan Holloway
16Seth Jarvis
17Connor Zary
18Jan Mysak
19Braden Schneider
20Kaiden Guhle
21Mavrik Bourque
22Jacob Perreault
23Rodion Amirov
24Hendrix Lapierre
25John-Jason Peterka
26Justin Barron
27Lukas Reichel
28William Wallinder
29Jeremie Poirier
30Helge Grans
31Emil Andrae
32Ryan O'Rourke
33Marat Khusnutdinov
34Lukas Cormier
35Tyson Foerster
36Zion Nybeck
37Topi Niemela
38Martin Chromiak
39Roni Hirvonen
40Brendan Brisson
41Kasper Simontaival
42William Villeneuve
43Jaromir Pytlik
44Vasily Ponomaryov
45Jake Neighbours
46Alexander Pashin
47Thomas Bordeleau
48Luke Evangelista
49Tristen Robins
50Jean-Luc Foudy
51Ridly Greig
52Shakir Mukhamadullin
53Daniil Gushchin
54Roby Jarventie
55Maxim Groshev
56Theodor Niederbach
57Carter Savoie
58Veeti Miettinen
59Justin Sourdif
60Ty Smilanic
61Sean Farrell
62Antonio Stranges
63Ozzy Wiesblatt
64Tyler Kleven
65Luke Tuch
66Michael Benning
67Eemil Viro
68Connor McClennon
69Sam Colangelo
70Dylan Peterson
71Tyler Tullio
72Will Cuylle
73Yan Kuznetsov
74Daniel Torgersson
75Ryan Francis
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Updated list April 17 2020 -- Subject to change but closer than the 1st one imo

Some of the changes: I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.
I moved Stutzle to 2 over Byfield. They are pretty much a tie for me. I like Stutzle's small area game better. Since I did that I moved Drysdale to 4 because I could not justify him over Byfield. Just to be unpopular, I moved Holtz out of my top 10 and brought Quinn in. Lundell and Sanderson each move up 1 spot.

1Alexis Lafreniere
2Tim Stutzle
3Quinton Byfield
4Jamie Drysdale
5Lucas Raymond
6Marco Rossi
7Cole Perfetti
8Anton Lundell
9Jake Sanderson
10Jack Quinn
11Yaroslav Askarov
12Alexander Holtz
13Noel Gunler
14Dawson Mercer
15Dylan Holloway
16Seth Jarvis
17Connor Zary
18Jan Mysak
19Braden Schneider
20Kaiden Guhle
21Mavrik Bourque
22Jacob Perreault
23Rodion Amirov
24Hendrix Lapierre
25John-Jason Peterka
26Justin Barron
27Lukas Reichel
28William Wallinder
29Jeremie Poirier
30Helge Grans
31Emil Andrae
32Ryan O'Rourke
33Marat Khusnutdinov
34Lukas Cormier
35Tyson Foerster
36Zion Nybeck
37Topi Niemela
38Martin Chromiak
39Roni Hirvonen
40Brendan Brisson
41Kasper Simontaival
42William Villeneuve
43Jaromir Pytlik
44Vasily Ponomaryov
45Jake Neighbours
46Alexander Pashin
47Thomas Bordeleau
48Luke Evangelista
49Tristen Robins
50Jean-Luc Foudy
51Ridly Greig
52Shakir Mukhamadullin
53Daniil Gushchin
54Roby Jarventie
55Maxim Groshev
56Theodor Niederbach
57Carter Savoie
58Veeti Miettinen
59Justin Sourdif
60Ty Smilanic
61Sean Farrell
62Antonio Stranges
63Ozzy Wiesblatt
64Tyler Kleven
65Luke Tuch
66Michael Benning
67Eemil Viro
68Connor McClennon
69Sam Colangelo
70Dylan Peterson
71Tyler Tullio
72Will Cuylle
73Yan Kuznetsov
74Daniel Torgersson
75Ryan Francis
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Like the list overall. Of course there are gonna be some players that we disagree on, but do you mind my asking your thoughts on Amirov? That one seems a bit out there to me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I maybe underrating him a few places . I have him ranked in the same group of forwards with Zary, Mysak, Bourque, Perreault, Lapierre. Have not really seen him much since the U18s in 2019 where he was very good but .. I guess looking at his production after that .. I would have liked to see him play more so its kind of hard for me to put him above that group many who at least statistically have shown more improvement. Ignoring his total lack of production in the KHL.

I think there is a fair number of very close forward prospects outside the top 10 , where I definitely would not rank him. So to me there is not a lot to really definitely separate a Gunler from a Jarvis from a Mysak and Amirov. So with my limited viewings and perhaps abilities that's how I have them.. I could change my mind on where those guys are as I continue to fill my days with research into prospects.

I don't think I am that far out to lunch with it... I looked these up after you asked

A consolidated ranking by our friend Colin Cudmore has him in a group with Zary , Mysak, Mercer , Bourque, Lapierre
ISS has him with Zary, Lapierre and Gunler
Bob McKenzie has him with Zary, Perreault, Jarvis, Petkera... (not accounting for Jarvis' great 2nd half)
Drafting Europe has him outside the top 10 in the top 20.
Tankathon Big board has him in a group with Gunler, Bourque , Lapierre
FC has him in a group with Mysak, Jarvis, Bourque, Perreault
Hockey Prospect.com had him in a group with Bourque, Lapierre, Perreault
Jokke Nevalainen Euro scout for Dobber has tiers .. He is in a tier with Bourque and Lapierre

I realize some people have him higher .. but tis the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
I maybe underrating him a few places . I have him ranked in the same group of forwards with Zary, Mysak, Bourque, Perreault, Lapierre. Have not really seen him much since the U18s in 2019 where he was very good but .. I guess looking at his production after that .. I would have liked to see him play more so its kind of hard for me to put him above that group many who at least statistically have shown more improvement. Ignoring his total lack of production in the KHL.

I think there is a fair number of very close forward prospects outside the top 10 , where I definitely would not rank him. So to me there is not a lot to really definitely separate a Gunler from a Jarvis from a Mysak and Amirov. So with my limited viewings and perhaps abilities that's how I have them.. I could change my mind on where those guys are as I continue to fill my days with research into prospects.

I don't think I am that far out to lunch with it... I looked these up after you asked

A consolidated ranking by our friend Colin Cudmore has him in a group with Zary , Mysak, Mercer , Bourque, Lapierre
ISS has him with Zary, Lapierre and Gunler
Bob McKenzie has him with Zary, Perreault, Jarvis, Petkera... (not accounting for Jarvis' great 2nd half)
Drafting Europe has him outside the top 10 in the top 20.
Tankathon Big board has him in a group with Gunler, Bourque , Lapierre
FC has him in a group with Mysak, Jarvis, Bourque, Perreault
Hockey Prospect.com had him in a group with Bourque, Lapierre, Perreault

I realize some people have him higher .. but tis the nature of the beast.

Fair enough. I guess it's one of those situations where I'm putting a lot of faith in my ability to predict translatability. His defensive play, offensive transition game, ability to skate dynamically and to make plays down low. Just seems like a surefire top six NHL player once he puts on the weight. I could be way off, but as far as I can tell his only question mark is high end upside.

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
I have updated the OP with the updated lists from Innocent Bystander and Sens of Anarchy. Interesting movement in both of your lists. I'll be updating my list this week.

Current Sens Draft Haul after Apr 19 - Update (Draft Changes and Lotto Not Included)

HF Sens Rank
Average
Player
Position
Height
Weight
Team
Shoots
2​
2.50​
Quinton Byfield​
C​
6.04​
214​
Sudbury Wolves​
Left​
3​
3.50​
Tim Stutzle​
C/LW​
6.00​
187​
Adler Mannheim​
Left​
21​
22.75​
Mavrik Bourque​
C​
5.10​
165​
Shawinigan Cataractes​
Right​
33​
36.75​
Roni Hirvonen​
C​
5.09​
163​
Ässät​
Left​
49​
57.63​
Justin Sourdif​
C​
5.11​
165​
Vancouver Giants​
Right​
52​
59.13​
Jean-Luc Foudy​
C​
5.11​
168​
Windsor Spitfires​
Right​
53​
59.25​
Hendrix Lapierre​
C​
6.00​
181​
Chicoutimi Saguenéens​
Left​
64​
69.13​
Sam Colangelo​
RW​
6.02​
205​
Chicago Steel​
Right​
74​
71.88​
Rory Kerins​
C​
5.11​
172​
Soo Greyhounds​
Left​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thats a whole lot of Centers. Though I project Stutzle to start on the LW and Bourque and Sourdif will likely end up as RW's in the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fair enough. I guess it's one of those situations where I'm putting a lot of faith in my ability to predict translatability. His defensive play, offensive transition game, ability to skate dynamically and to make plays down low. Just seems like a surefire top six NHL player once he puts on the weight. I could be way off, but as far as I can tell his only question mark is high end upside.

Do you question Cole Perfetti's high end upside? I think he is one of the better prospects with the puck on his stick . Lafreniere, Stutzle, Raymond and Perfetti are the top 4 at that imo.

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
We have to get more people contributing lists.. I see other Sens posters .. saying I have such and such here on my list .. .Let's produce the lists boys.

Agreed, I'd definitely like to see more lists.

Even with the 4 lists, we are starting to see some trends and tiers develop. It's starting to make me think of the trade options.

Do we try and trade up from the Isles pick into this group

Connor Zary
Yaroslav Askarov
Noel Gunler
Dylan Holloway
Seth Jarvis
Rodion Amirov
Dawson Mercer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

or do we stick around, hope one of those guys fall or try and move up from 31 and take two guys from this group

Kaiden Guhle
Mavrik Bourque
William Wallinder
Jacob Perreault
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Or do we go two in the top 1-6, keep 21, keep 33 and try and move up a couple times from our 50's pick and select 3 more guys in this group

Jake Neighbours
Roni Hirvonen
Thomas Bordeleau
Braden Schneider
Topi Niemelä
John-Jason Peterka
Zion Nybeck
Lukas Cormier
Ryan O'Rourke
Ozzy Wiesblatt
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So many options with the Draft Capital we've acquired.

But yeah, back on topic. More lists gives us a better representation of what HFsens wants come draft day.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed, I'd definitely like to see more lists.

Even with the 4 lists, we are starting to see some trends and tiers develop. It's starting to make me think of the trade options.

Do we try and trade up from the Isles pick into this group

Connor Zary
Yaroslav Askarov
Noel Gunler
Dylan Holloway
Seth Jarvis
Rodion Amirov
Dawson Mercer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
or do we stick around, hope one of those guys fall or try and move up from 31 and take two guys from this group

Kaiden Guhle
Mavrik Bourque
William Wallinder
Jacob Perreault
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Or do we go two in the top 1-6, keep 21, keep 33 and try and move up a couple times from our 50's pick and select 3 more guys in this group

Jake Neighbours
Roni Hirvonen
Thomas Bordeleau
Braden Schneider
Topi Niemelä
John-Jason Peterka
Zion Nybeck
Lukas Cormier
Ryan O'Rourke
Ozzy Wiesblatt
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So many options with the Draft Capital we've acquired.

But yeah, back on topic. More lists gives us a better representation of what HFsens wants come draft day.

my 2 cents
Generally, without any outlandish drops, I would not make any decisions on trading up into that post top 10 forward group. I think its too close in there, and other D may move up into the teens to push a better forward down. Askarov dropping may be another story if he approaches late teens and the Sens want to move up 3-4 spots from the Isles pick with a late 2nd maybe. I don't know their appetite for another goalie but .. that is a goalie that would look better and better as he falls.

I think moving up in the 2nd makes sense. .. It won't cost as much and there is a good chance a player we like falls into range.

Reactions: Sweatred

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
1: Alexis Lafreniere
2: Tim Stutzle
3: Quinton Byfield
4: Jamie Drysdale
5: Marco Rossi
6: Lucas Raymond
7: Cole Perfetti
8: Alexander Holtz
9: Jake Sanderson
10: Rodion Amirov
11: Jack Quinn
12: Dawson Mercer
13: William Villeneuve
14: Connor Zary
15: Noel Gunler
16: Seth Jarvis
17: Jacob Perreault
18: William Wallinder
19: Anton Lundell
20: Hendrix Lapiere
21: Yaroslavl Askarov
22:Helge Grans
23: Jean-Luc Foudy
24: Jan Mysak
25: Justin Barron
26: Mavrik Bourque
27: Dylan Holloway
28: J.J Peterka
29: Lukas Cormier
30: Kaiden Guhle
31: Tyson Foerster
32: Emil Andrae
33: Ryan O’Rourke
34: Jeremie Poirier
35: Luke Evangelista
36: Braden Schneider
37: Brenden Brisson
38: Ryan Francis
39: Tyler Tullio
40: Zion Nybeck
41: Roni Hirvonen
42: Will Cuylle
43: Jake Neighbours
44: Jaromir Pytlik
45: Lukas Reichel
46: Martin Chromiak
47: Ruben Rafkin
48: Antonio Stranges
49: Topi Niemela
50: Ridley Greig
51:Kasper Simontaival
52: Thomas Bordeleau
53: Eemil Viro
54: Jack Thompson
55: Justin Sourdif
56: Ozzy Weisblatt
57: Carter Savoie
58: Luke Tuch
59: Connor McClennon
60: Jan.Bednar
61: Brandon Coe
62: Shakir Mukhamadullin
63: Brady Burns
64: Theo Rochette
65: Daemon Hunt
66:Egor Sokolov
67: Ty Smilanic
68: Sam Colangelo
69: Tyler Kléven
70: Yan Kuznetzov
71: Dylan Peterson
72: Vasiliy Ponomarev
73: Evan Vierling
74: Tristian Robins
75: Oliver Suni

Last edited by a moderator:

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Do you question Cole Perfetti's high end upside? I think he is one of the better prospects with the puck on his stick . Lafreniere, Stutzle, Raymond and Perfetti are the top 4 at that imo.

I would probably agree with that. You wouldn't have Byfield ahead of him? Not sure that I would, but it's probably close.

I wouldn't say I question Perfetti's upside, I'd say there's a better chance he ends up a superstar than Lundell or Amirov, but I also don't think he's pure boom-or-bust. Trying to think of recent comparables who are smallish and not great skaters but elite puck skills. Mikael Granlund and Jordan Eberle are the best I can think of. So yeah, I'd say there's a good chance he's just a really good player but not elite. Although he seems to be a better, more creative playmaker than Eberle, so there's room for more, but even if he ends up an Eberle clone, that's a guy who might not always put up numbers especially under the Isles system, but he's near the top of the league in analytics on generating scoring chances.

Just to pull some numbers out of my ass that don't mean anything, but to give an idea where I'm coming from, lets say Lundell has a 10% chance to be a superstar, an 80% chance to be a solid top nine center, and a 10% chance to bust. Amirov has a 15% chance to be a superstar, a 70% chance to be a top nine winger, and a 15% chance to bust. Then Perfetti has a 25% chance to be a superstar, a 50% chance to be a top nine scoring forward, and a 25% chance to bust.

Of course I'm imaging that there is a perfectly clear cut binary between those three categories which the players will fall perfectly within. But that's roughly where my thinking is at. Where if Perfetti is a superstar it will be a pure offensive dynamo averaging 80+ points a year, if Lundell is a superstar it will be a two-way possession monster a la , O'Reilly, Bergeron, Toews, and the best high end comparable I've been able to come up with for Amirov would be something like Henrik Zetterberg. The mid-range for Perfetti would be something like Eberle or Granlund as I mentioned, for Lundell would be something like Mikko Koivu, Bo Horvat or Travis Zajac, and for Amirov would be something like Patrick Sharp or Justin Williams.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would probably agree with that. You wouldn't have Byfield ahead of him? Not sure that I would, but it's probably close.

I wouldn't say I question Perfetti's upside, I'd say there's a better chance he ends up a superstar than Lundell or Amirov, but I also don't think he's pure boom-or-bust. Trying to think of recent comparables who are smallish and not great skaters but elite puck skills. Mikael Granlund and Jordan Eberle are the best I can think of. So yeah, I'd say there's a good chance he's just a really good player but not elite. Although he seems to be a better, more creative playmaker than Eberle, so there's room for more, but even if he ends up an Eberle clone, that's a guy who might not always put up numbers especially under the Isles system, but he's near the top of the league in analytics on generating scoring chances.

Just to pull some numbers out of my ass that don't mean anything, but to give an idea where I'm coming from, lets say Lundell has a 10% chance to be a superstar, an 80% chance to be a solid top nine center, and a 10% chance to bust. Amirov has a 15% chance to be a superstar, a 70% chance to be a top nine winger, and a 15% chance to bust. Then Perfetti has a 25% chance to be a superstar, a 50% chance to be a top nine scoring forward, and a 25% chance to bust.

Of course I'm imaging that there is a perfectly clear cut binary between those three categories which the players will fall perfectly within. But that's roughly where my thinking is at. Where if Perfetti is a superstar it will be a pure offensive dynamo averaging 80+ points a year, if Lundell is a superstar it will be a two-way possession monster a la , O'Reilly, Bergeron, Toews, and the best high end comparable I've been able to come up with for Amirov would be something like Henrik Zetterberg. The mid-range for Perfetti would be something like Eberle or Granlund as I mentioned, for Lundell would be something like Mikko Koivu, Bo Horvat or Travis Zajac, and for Amirov would be something like Patrick Sharp or Justin Williams.

No I like Byfield but its more for his raw power and straight line speed than his puck handling and deftness. I get more of a Kieth Primeau vibe from Byfield than I do a Malkin vibe.. Maybe he is somewhere in between but more Primeau than Malkin. Byfield will be a hand full and a half to play against. I get there is more than the one aspect to ranking and Lundell is a smart 2 way player. I do think Perfetti is an elite offensive zone player if he can develop more breakaway speed I see lots of Patrick Kane in him. Perfetti could be quite Kane-esque on the PP even without the speed boost. I have Rossi over Perfetti but most of that is because of the compete level, motor and pace , if not speed Rossi has... but I could flip flop on that.

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
OP Updated with GoldenBright Top 75. Our Top 3 picks remained the same and the rest ended up changing. I'd be very very happy with our first 5 picks.

Current Sens Draft Haul after Apr 19 - Update (Draft Changes and Lotto Not Included)

HF Sens RankAveragePlayerPositionHeightWeightTeamShoots
22.60Quinton ByfieldC6.04214Sudbury WolvesLeft
33.20Tim StutzleC/LW6.00187Adler MannheimLeft
2123.40Mavrik BourqueC5.10165Shawinigan CataractesRight
3336.90Braden SchneiderD6.02209Brandon Wheat KingsRight
4956.10Shakir MukhamadullinD6.02170Tolpar UFALeft
5259.50Ty SmilanicLW6.01170U.S. National U18Left
5360.30Antonio StrangesC/LW5.10170London KnightsLeft
6468.00Theodore NeiderbachC5.11172Frölunda HC J20Right
7471.70Sean FarrellLW5.09179Chicago SteelLeft
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
OP Updated with GoldenBright Top 75. Our Top 3 picks remained the same and the rest ended up changing. I'd be very very happy with our first 5 picks.

HF Sens RankAveragePlayerPositionHeightWeightTeamShoots
22.60Quinton ByfieldC6.04214Sudbury WolvesLeft
33.20Tim StutzleC/LW6.00187Adler MannheimLeft
2123.40Mavrik BourqueC5.10165Shawinigan CataractesRight
3336.90Braden SchneiderD6.02209Brandon Wheat KingsRight
4956.10Shakir MukhamadullinD6.02170Tolpar UFALeft
5259.50Ty SmilanicLW6.01170U.S. National U18Left
5360.30Antonio StrangesC/LW5.10170London KnightsLeft
6468.00Theodore NeiderbachC5.11172Frölunda HC J20Right
7471.70Sean FarrellLW5.09179Chicago SteelLeft
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Haha holy shit. That's six players I have in my first round. Plus I'm a big Stranges fan. That would be unreal.

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019
Haha holy shit. That's six players I have in my first round. Plus I'm a big Stranges fan. That would be unreal.

I can imagine you would be.........and it's actually 6 in your top 24.

I have 4 in my top 20. I think a few of us are going to be happy come draft day.

The great thing about this draft. Almost everyone will get a couple of their favorites.

I'm even a fan of the guy in the 96 OA spot we own;

9678.00Owen PedersonLW6.03187Winnipeg IceLeft
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

61GP 28G 22A 50P. Could be a good long term project. Still has two years of junior eligibility left and we can't graduate 7 guys at once anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad