HF Retro Game of the Year - 2002 - Vice City Wins

Game of the year back in 2002?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
My mind can't handle that RuneScape was a 2001 game.

Tells you how random my PC game knowledge is. I just always assumed that was a pre-Everquest game, like the first of the first MMORPGs...because it certainly looks like it. That MMO part meant that I was never going to play it, though.

I'll lop on more Tropico love, though, absolutely adored the original back in the day. Especially the soundtrack.

edit: Runescape being a browser game explains so much. I don't think I've played a browser game since my family first got AOL...

I played a few, back when there weren’t so many games that offered long term replay ability. Runescape for like a week in 2002 before I realized I hated it, some browser clan style games in the late 2000s (can’t remember their names though). And the big one was Neopets lol. I was still pretty young when it was first released in 1999, my little sister was first starting school and heard about it so I started playing it with her and was hooked for a few years in the early 2000s.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I tend to only find out about stuff like that whenever the servers are shut down/in danger...I never heard of Club Penguin until the internet collectively lost its shit over it being closed down :laugh:

...I'm pretty sure that's when I first heard of NeoPets, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->