HF ranks teams by their Top 6 forwards - #3

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Washington. They don't have the depth, but they still have their big guns (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov). Plus, I think some are underrating Burakovsky.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Washington. They don't have the depth, but they still have their big guns (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov). Plus, I think some are underrating Burakovsky.

I think Burakovsky and Vrana are unproven enough to drop them below a team like Toronto, who has six proven scorers in their top six.

If this were about the top 3 or 4 forwards, then Washington would have a stronger case. But, IMO, the latter two (particularly Vrana) hurt their overall standing.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Toronto. It's close but clearly Toronto.

Compared to Washington

Ovechkin Backstrom Oshie > Nylander Matthews Marleau

Burakowsky Kuzy Vrana <<< Marner Kadri JVR

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
The Oilers have been sabotaged by having an unproven rookie in their list. Pulujarvi probably isn't in our top six. At least not to start the year.

Caggigula, Slepeshev or Puli makes little difference.

Damn the oilers have some hard names to spell.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I like Washington here. TO could certainly outperform them but they're still young...could struggle out of the gate.

Tampa
Dallas
Toronto
Edmonton
Chicago

The next 5 imo.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
The Oilers have been sabotaged by having an unproven rookie in their list. Pulujarvi probably isn't in our top six. At least not to start the year.

Who would go there that would make it look better? Kassian?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Definitely. It's between Toronto and Washington right now. I went with the Caps because their group is more proven, but there's plenty of reason to go with the Leafs.

Yeah #1 is obviously Pittsburgh and then it's Tampa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Dallas, Washington, Edmonton in whatever order you want imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->